Baker Hughes

515 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my University website for the Graduate Field Engineer position. Got a response a couple weeks later and was scheduled for an on-campus interview a couple more weeks after that. The interview was one-on-one with a company representative and consisted entirely of behavior questions (e.g. "tell me about yourself", "why do you want to work for Baker Hughes", "describe a time..."). After the interview I was told the company would follow up within a week to let me know if I would be accepted for an on-site interview. By the end of the week I was contacted and told that I had not been selected for the on-site interview.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty generic behavior questions.   View Answer

Material Engineer Interview

Material Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Submission, Interview (Tel and on-site), and Accepted

Interview Question – Technical part was a little unfamiliar   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer
UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via school's career center. Received an offer for an interview via email. 2 interviewers asking mainly behavioral questions. One was an engineer while another was more business focused. They said they would contact us within 1 week after the interview whether or not we would be invited to the next round of interviews.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to work against a deadline. Tell me a time you applied your skills to solve a problem. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

Interview Details – Met at a career fair, presented myself, got called for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to the BHE in houston. 2 and a half day event, all you're really doing is presenting yourself to hiring managers. Got a phone call the evening of the last day of the BHE offering me a job.

Interview Question – "What are your fears of being a field engineer?" all questions are behavioral based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – On campus behavioral interview then invited to the Baker Hughes Experience which you can read all about here or other google results. Seriously just talk to the managers, I didn't do great on the evaluations but I made sure all the managers knew me and it worked all right. If you really need a job, find a manager or two you get along with, dedicate yourself to those product lines, ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS, and if you really want one, find out where nobody wants to go and request that area. Have a beer or two with them if they're in the bar but don't be an idiot.

Interview Question – weirdest part was prolly the ethics and safety case study test things.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward, it started with a phone interview were standard personality question were asked. after which i received an invite to attend BHI Experience (3 days). This included tours of the manufacturing facility, technology center, and training center. Managers are observing you throughout the event and while you are given activities to accomplish. About 2 presentations and 2 assembly activities, this is to test one's ability to absorb and process information given. Events ends with group panel interview.

Interview Question – Presentations, you have to quickly research the topic your given, work with a group of people, present and answer questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

Interview Details – Campus 1st round interview
then on site interview
group interview

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2013.

Interview Details – First Round: simple behavioral questions

Second Round: You will be flown to Houston for two days. We had to do several surprise assessments that did not accurately show strengths. Overly competitive people threw each other under the bus and sucked up to hiring managers. They did not have interest in hiring the best candidates for the job but those that could present themselves in the best way. There was a lot of teamwork, which was good. Some of the candidates acted so fake when a hiring manager was watching. So if you want the job, do not be yourself. Take control of the projects, throw others under the bus, and suck up to as many HR panelists as possible. It was unreal how quickly some peoples' behavior changed when they were at the hotel. You can easily manipulate the hiring managers if that is your personality type; It isn't mine.

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Supply Chain Development Program
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met with Baker-Hughes at a university career fair. After speaking with their representatives, they set-up an interview. First round was very basic, behavioral based questions. The next day, I got an email stating I passed the first round and was recommended to the second round. I heard nothing for an entire month until I received an invite to the Baker Hughes experience. The event was a little disappointing, but still challenging. In place of standard interviews, they had us do a number of activities: doing a group case, building an oil rig from sticks and tape, debating activity, and other small ones.

Interview Question – During the Baker-Hughes experience, the most challenging part was debating different scenarios. They had you choose sides on fictional situations, then present an argument and counter argument to all who thought differently. Seemed like the ultimate goal was to judge your speaking skills and influencing skills   Answer Question

RDD Interview

RDD

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details – People are quite easy-going.The process is smooth.being confident

Interview Question – weakness   Answer Question