Baker Hughes

Average Difficulty
521 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, not very hard, the representative sounds nice.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you applied your skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

SOX Analyst Interview

SOX Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2009.

Interview Details – I hired in as a temporary via Kelly Services. There was no interview other than establishing with the external recruiter I had some basic accounting knowledge. At the time, BHI was hiring anyone with any accounting experience (and oftentimes without) to meet an unrealistic compliance deadline.

Interview Question – Can you fill this cup up to the line?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. The placement agency told me what the going rate was and it wasn't negotiable. I was able to renegotiate for a better rate when I gave notice because I had a full time offer elsewhere. The company was in such dire straights for competent accounting professionals they paid me double what I was worth at such an early point in my career. I was also hourly non-exempt and working a minimum of 84 hours a week. BHI bought me a house.

Electronic Technician Interview

Electronic Technician
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2009.

Interview Details – Online application. Can be tedious.

Negotiation Details – Job offer in writing.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my University website for the Graduate Field Engineer position. Got a response a couple weeks later and was scheduled for an on-campus interview a couple more weeks after that. The interview was one-on-one with a company representative and consisted entirely of behavior questions (e.g. "tell me about yourself", "why do you want to work for Baker Hughes", "describe a time..."). After the interview I was told the company would follow up within a week to let me know if I would be accepted for an on-site interview. By the end of the week I was contacted and told that I had not been selected for the on-site interview.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty generic behavior questions.   View Answer

Material Engineer Interview

Material Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Submission, Interview (Tel and on-site), and Accepted

Interview Question – Technical part was a little unfamiliar   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer
UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via school's career center. Received an offer for an interview via email. 2 interviewers asking mainly behavioral questions. One was an engineer while another was more business focused. They said they would contact us within 1 week after the interview whether or not we would be invited to the next round of interviews.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to work against a deadline. Tell me a time you applied your skills to solve a problem. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

Interview Details – Met at a career fair, presented myself, got called for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to the BHE in houston. 2 and a half day event, all you're really doing is presenting yourself to hiring managers. Got a phone call the evening of the last day of the BHE offering me a job.

Interview Question – "What are your fears of being a field engineer?" all questions are behavioral based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – On campus behavioral interview then invited to the Baker Hughes Experience which you can read all about here or other google results. Seriously just talk to the managers, I didn't do great on the evaluations but I made sure all the managers knew me and it worked all right. If you really need a job, find a manager or two you get along with, dedicate yourself to those product lines, ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS, and if you really want one, find out where nobody wants to go and request that area. Have a beer or two with them if they're in the bar but don't be an idiot.

Interview Question – weirdest part was prolly the ethics and safety case study test things.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward, it started with a phone interview were standard personality question were asked. after which i received an invite to attend BHI Experience (3 days). This included tours of the manufacturing facility, technology center, and training center. Managers are observing you throughout the event and while you are given activities to accomplish. About 2 presentations and 2 assembly activities, this is to test one's ability to absorb and process information given. Events ends with group panel interview.

Interview Question – Presentations, you have to quickly research the topic your given, work with a group of people, present and answer questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

Interview Details – Campus 1st round interview