Baker Hughes MWD Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and the person interviewing me was glad I was early because he had a busy day planned. I applied online and did one phone interview. I had been working at a minimum wage job after college graduation for 2 years when I did the online application. They said they would call me back the following week. They didn't and I called back 3 more times that month. 7 months later in November I was called to do an interview in OKC. By that point I had assumed that they weren't interested and didn't remember applying. I should have been wary because they were very eager to hire me and had an offer letter on the desk when I got there. 6 months later I was laid off when oil prices started to come down. In the interview I was told to put Exempt on my W4 and had no idea what that entailed. The following year I discovered they had paid no Federal taxes from my checks but had paid state taxes to Oklahoma. Still paying on those taxes. Some MWD's filed a class action suit against them for overtime and they settled out of court. Ironically what I'm getting back from them in overtime is almost the exact amount that I owed for taxes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The first inteview was at a hiring fair where a recruiter made sure that all of the paperwork was correctly filled out and then I was sat down in a room with a number of table with the local managers of various departments. I spoke with the MWD coordinator who described the position and asked if I was interested. After I said yes, I was informed that I would be called in for a second interview. The second interview was about 2 weeks later, and was very informal and essentially was the coordinator asking that after having a chance to consider, if I was still interested. Salary was discussed, and I was informed that a formal offer would be coming shortly from corporate. The formal offer came about a week later. A complete background check was performed as well as a drug and alcohol tests. In total, from the first contact with the recruiter to the first day on the job wa about one month. The coordinators and office personel were very friendly and the entire process was very laid back and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

The process was handled in a very profession manner with the standard drug and background tests. I am very pleased with Baker's human resources staff.

Negotiation

accepted offer as it stood

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2009.

Interview

Initial contact was via online application; easy enough, as was the follow up phone interview, which didn't feel very official. 2:1 face-to-face interview in the office was interesting and both parties (i.e. myself and company) learned a lot about each other. I'd advise you make sure you know about the company and position you're applying for and make sure you make yourself appear as available and positive about the job as possible.

Interview Questions

• How will you make yourself a valuble member of our team?   Answer Question