Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Baker Hughes
- Field Engineer (217)
- Graduate Field Engineer (93)
- Field Engineer I (29)
- Intern (22)
- Junior Field Engineer (10)
- Field Specialist (10)
- Supply Chain (9)
- Engineering (7)
- Graduate Field Specialist (6)
- Engineering Intern (5)
- Engineer (5)
- Supply Chain Intern (5)
- Account Manager (5)
- Buyer (5)
- Reservoir Engineer (4)
- Mechanical Engineer (4)
- RDD Intern (4)
- RDD Engineer (3)
- Technical Support Engineer (3)
- MWD Field Engineer (3)
- Engineering Internship (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Software Tester (3)
- Field Engineer Intern (3)
- Senior Financial Analyst (3)
- Directional Driller (2)
- Equipment Operator (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Field Service Engineer (2)
- Human Resources Intern (2)
Mechanical Engineer Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in January 2012.
applied through my school's career service. Was called for interview, the questions were mainly behavioral questions. I was sent a mail two weeks after the interview inviting me for the baker hughes experience.
- The Baker experience Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes
Mechanical Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in May 2011.
I met the recruiter at a project design competition for my university and he told me to give him a call if I was interested in working with them. The phone interview took place about a week after contacting him and was very traditional questions about my resume. It took a long time after the initial contact with him for an in-person interview to be scheduled, but after the interview I received an offer in a week.
The interview was very relaxed. It consisted of the recruiter, the manager in the division, and myself. We sat in his office and chatted for a while and he worked in questions about my past experience and how I handled problems in the workplace. Nothing nontraditional until he handed me a large piece of metal (piece of a drilling rig) and asked me what I thought it was. I guessed based on its design and turned out to be dead on even though I had never seen it before. I don't know if that really impressed him or not.
- Nothing nontraditional until he handed me a large piece of metal (piece of a drilling rig) and asked me what I thought it was. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
I chose to move to another city. If I wanted to remain in Houston I most certainly would have accepted the offer.
Mechanical Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Baker Hughes (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.
Applied for position and about a month after application got a phone interview. The next day I got a call for a face to face interview the following week. After the interview it went silent for about 5 weeks, but then got the job.
Interview itself was unique. I was very few questions, it was just a tour around the shop floor. I think the interview was more about my interest level and the types of questions that I asked the interviewer.
I did a lot of research for the position including technical details of the product, and this really paid off because I could ask intelligent questions.
- Nothing too difficult, but he asked 'out of 164 applicants why do you think that you are the best candidate?' 1 Answer
I didn't negotiate. The starting salary was very good and I didn't feel the need.
Mechanical Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.
- Favorite subject in school?
- Tell me about mistake you made and what you learned from it?
- Tell me about a situation where you had trouble with a teammember and how did you deal with it?
Overall pretty easy to prepare for based on the experiences and reports of other glassdoor members.
- Tell me about a situation where you had a problem with a team member and how did you deal with it? Answer Question