Baker Hughes Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

applied through my school's career service. Was called for interview, the questions were mainly behavioral questions. I was sent a mail two weeks after the interview inviting me for the baker hughes experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a project design competition for my university and he told me to give him a call if I was interested in working with them. The phone interview took place about a week after contacting him and was very traditional questions about my resume. It took a long time after the initial contact with him for an in-person interview to be scheduled, but after the interview I received an offer in a week.

The interview was very relaxed. It consisted of the recruiter, the manager in the division, and myself. We sat in his office and chatted for a while and he worked in questions about my past experience and how I handled problems in the workplace. Nothing nontraditional until he handed me a large piece of metal (piece of a drilling rig) and asked me what I thought it was. I guessed based on its design and turned out to be dead on even though I had never seen it before. I don't know if that really impressed him or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing nontraditional until he handed me a large piece of metal (piece of a drilling rig) and asked me what I thought it was.   1 Answer

I chose to move to another city. If I wanted to remain in Houston I most certainly would have accepted the offer.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied for position and about a month after application got a phone interview. The next day I got a call for a face to face interview the following week. After the interview it went silent for about 5 weeks, but then got the job.
    Interview itself was unique. I was very few questions, it was just a tour around the shop floor. I think the interview was more about my interest level and the types of questions that I asked the interviewer.
    I did a lot of research for the position including technical details of the product, and this really paid off because I could ask intelligent questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but he asked 'out of 164 applicants why do you think that you are the best candidate?'   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The starting salary was very good and I didn't feel the need.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

Interview

Questions asked:

- Favorite subject in school?
    - Tell me about mistake you made and what you learned from it?
    - Tell me about a situation where you had trouble with a teammember and how did you deal with it?

Overall pretty easy to prepare for based on the experiences and reports of other glassdoor members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had a problem with a team member and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question