Baker Hughes

Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2012.

I applied online and then got the phone interview a month later.

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I got this interview from applying on the website. There were about 22 of us on the day that we all met up in Houston to have the 'Baker Hughes Experience'. It was basically two days that consisted of doing a team project, a technical power point of whatever subject you picked, a packet full of questions that you solved in teams and then presented to everyone. There was no actual single one on one interview.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

I applied online for RDS position and after 10 days I received an email informing me to schedule for a phone interview online which I did. On the date I scheduled for the interview, I received a phone call from one of the Human Resources personnel from the company. After exchanging pleasantry, the interview started in earnest. The questions were behavioral in nature. The questions asked are stated as follows:

1. Why do you want to work for Baker Hughes

2. What was your favorite subject at school and why was it your favorite subject?

3. Tell me about a time when you have to work with a difficult person in a team. What did you do? What did you learn from the experiences?

4. What goal did you set for yourself and how did you achieve it?

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Baker-Hughes?   View Answer
    • What was your favorite subject in school and why was it your favorite?   View Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2012.

Interview was secured through external recruiter working from Singapore. Some details about the company/department looking for manpower was given by the recruiter who encourage checking the interviewer's profile in LinkedIn.
    It was a one-to-one interview which was non-technical in nature, followed by another one-to-one interview with a technical manager. Both interviews were very pleasant, and generally covers past working experience and technical projects. Not much probing technical questions involved.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to be given a task to secure project for the company, how would you do it? (Non-technical)   Answer Question
    This depends on how good your recruiters are. Mine was bad with numbers and I was underpaid for over 1 year. At the year-end performance, the company revised my salary and grade upwards to industry standard rate.