Baker Hughes Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Denver, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR rep out of TX for a phone screen. That led to a face-to-face in Denver regional office with a SFA and a Sales/Project manager who's team the role would be supporting. I did well and met with the hiring manager who was the controller in Houston who's team the role was on. I was told after the interview that I would be told of the descision within 4 business days. I was told I had the skills and personality for the role. I never heard a thing back. I called HR and left a VM and sent an email. I never even received a 'thanks but no thanks' form email saying BH moved on. I understand a company of that size and financial success attracts very smart and talented people but I don't agree with treating applicants like they are commodities and never reaching back out again. A simple email stating BH made a choice and it wasn't me is something that would satisfy most candidates.

Interview Questions

• No questions I found to be abnormal or way off. standard technical and financial questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

First I had a tough phone interview administered by an HR representative. Then I had a panel interview administered by two finance managers. And lastly another panel interview administered by three finance managers. The two panel interviews lasted over one hour.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be hired if you don't have manufacturing finance experience   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Process was straight forward. First round of screening was on a phone interview. Second round was with a member of the group and the Operations lead. Third round was with hiring manager. Hiring manager was located in a different state, so other circumstances may have allowed only 2 rounds.

Company was unwilling to negotiate salary. When I began the interview process, I laid out my salary expectations. HR told me my expectations were high, but asked if I'd make a lateral move for equivalent compensation. When the offer came in, it was $10K under my current salary. I indicated this wasn't exactly equivalent, but they indicated they had no wiggle room. The individuals I worked with were very pleasant, and recommended I look for a more Sr role with the company. In the end, they are very firm on corporate salary ranges.