Baker Hughes

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Hated the experience, did not allow for interaction with the executives that were present.

Interview Question – The case study   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2013.

Interview Details – First Round: simple behavioral questions

Second Round: You will be flown to Houston for two days. We had to do several surprise assessments that did not accurately show strengths. Overly competitive people threw each other under the bus and sucked up to hiring managers. They did not have interest in hiring the best candidates for the job but those that could present themselves in the best way. There was a lot of teamwork, which was good. Some of the candidates acted so fake when a hiring manager was watching. So if you want the job, do not be yourself. Take control of the projects, throw others under the bus, and suck up to as many HR panelists as possible. It was unreal how quickly some peoples' behavior changed when they were at the hotel. You can easily manipulate the hiring managers if that is your personality type; It isn't mine.

Supply Chain

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Got interview opportunity in the campus career fair. The first round was also on campus and only 5 or 6 behaviors questions. The second round was.. Video interview... using laptop..

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation in one of your projects and how did you overcome   Answer Question

Supply Chain

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2013.

Interview Details – Baker Hughes gave an exceptionable interview experience. They asked questions about previous academic experiences and troubles one had to overcome. The interview was entirely online and automated. I thoroughly enjoyed this interviewing experience because it saved me from having to go on a plane. The first step was to interview 1:1 the day after a college career fair, then there was an online interview.

Interview Question – why should we hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer

Supply Chain

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Applied online - got an email for an interview - asked 4 behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time you had technical difficulties.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – First Round: 30 minute on campus interview, behavioral interview with situational questions, low stress, fairly easy nothing difficult or out of the ordinary.

Second Round interview: "BH experience" flown to Houston on BH's dime. arrive for dinner and get to know you, wake up next day with the start at 6:15 am presentations and case studies all day with breaks for lunch and bathroom. 12 some managers to 22 some applicants so high ratio. managers are always watching you always taking notes.

Offer: let you know within 48 hours

Interview Question – level of finance knowledge needed for case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable salary, negotiation on housing

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview and two months later I received a mail to inform me that all 2012 Supply Chain positions in North America were filled.

Interview Question – Favorite class and why?. Problem with a teammate?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baker Hughes

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Hughes Supply Chain interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baker Hughes employees and interview candidates.