Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

The process took 3 weeks. One round of back to back on campus interviews and then the same thing in the office. The interviewers were friendly and wanted to engage in a back and forth as opposed to an interrogation. Letting your personality come through helps

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

Sat with current Baker Tilly employee who had been in the position for ~1 year. Went into first half of interview, where we talked about my resume and fit-based questions. Second part of the interview was with a senior director. This was the behavior part. While the others I had met with were all very friendly, the director was substantially colder, likely for intimidation.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to give you an offer, what would make you reject it? This question was given to me after we had spent a substantial amount of time talking about what I was seeking in an employer, as it pertained to Baker Tilly.

Tell me about a time that you leveraged a strong relationship in order to meet a deadline.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

I initially interviewed on campus with a manager. The following week I was invited to a second round interview that had two interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner and then lunch with two staff. It was pretty conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult group member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Got the interview by staying in contact with the campus recruiter. Interview was behaviorally based questions, pretty routine. Focus I think is if you're going to be a good fit with the company. There were 3 parts to the interview - 1 with a partner, 1 with a manager and lunch with 2 staff members. Everyone was friendly and pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really tricky questions thrown out at the interview. Look up behavioral questions and you'll be well prepared.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in June 2014.

Participated in the externship which led to an interview for the internship. Met with two employees and they took me out to lunch then went back and interviewed with a partner and a manager. They were all very nice. The process was a total of about three hours.

International Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Telephone Interview with HR. Several behavior questions. Tell me about yourself. Why do you choose Baker Tilly? Last internship experience. Experience related to the job. What's your strength and weakness? Do you have anything to ask? It's a temporary position for their international team and there are other two interviews.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Phone interview followed by an office interview. Interviews were very spaced out and communication was poor. Great interviews but had filled all positions already. Process lasted about a month. Basic questions. Friendly employees.

Entry Level Tax Associate Interview

Invited for an on-campus interview along with another 10 candidates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

I applied through the campus recruiting services located on my college campus. The entire process consisted of an initial interview on campus, social prior to second interview, then a full day of interviews followed by lunch. I felt the process was extremely well organized. It allows a candidate to get to know the firm and it gives the partner's/staff members a chance to find out more about you.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral based. Having a broad range of experiences and situations to elaborate on helped me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, fair offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in November 2013.

3 Interviews

Interview Questions
    • What was your least favorite subject in College and Why?   View Answer
    I was not really able to negotiate but the offer they gave me was a solid one.