Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in June 2015.

Interview

First phone screening with a general HR recruiter, then a phone interview with a recruiter from the hiring team, then a phone interview with a consulting manager from the team. A week later came in for on-site, interview was about 45 min with each interviewer, there were a total of 4 interviewers, from a Managing Partner, to a Sr Mgr, to two managers each working in a PM and overall project Lead capacity.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me how you gather requriements. How do you handle uncooperating client contacts and still get work done. What is your testing methodology. What requirements gathering techniques are you familiar with. What's your knowledge in (certain) industry. Why Baker Tilly. Why do you think you will be a good fit. Do you know agile? tell me about it. If (scenarios), how would you approach this? There were behavioral questions, technical questions, business (industry knowledge) questions, case scenarios, etc.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site visit. I was called by HR for screening, he was a very nice person and I was invited for an office visit to meet with a partner and manager. I had to drive 8 hours from where I live to attend the interview. When I met with the partner the only thing he said to me was : " You don't have the CPA so you can't compete with other people who have parts of their CPA". Well then why are you inviting me for an interview from 8 hrs distance sir? My resume clearly states that I can sit for CPA but I don't have it yet. I would understand if they think I am not a good fit for the organization or anything else but calling someone for an interview from that distance without even taking a glance at his resume and telling them they are not qualified because he doesn't have his CPA yet is very unprofessional and non-trustworthy. There are some nice employees there but I wouldn't trust the management at all after this experience, I would really recommend somewhere else. Oh one last thing, if you have any other professional skills but audit don't ever mention about them. You are born to be an accountant, that was you childhood dream.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had basic phone interview phone interview. Asked me to walk through resume, and other basic questions that related to the position. On-Site interview was scheduled two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What ticketing system did you use previously? Tell me when you had a problem, and how you resolved the issue. What is DNS, IP address, etc.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

First, HR phone screens you. The next round I went into the office and met HR amongst other staff. They interviewed other candidates at the same time. Then, had 3 one-on-one interviews with different levels of staff: manager, senior manager, and a partner. Then we took a tour of the office and debriefed back in the conference room. The in-person interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• You're stuck in a completely dark cave with three other people and you have a rock pick, rope, and a match. The only way you can get out is by going up. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Asked about case studies done in school   Answer Question
    • Strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Solve a math equation (basic algebra)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Went well I suppose. 20 mins later I got a voicemail saying they wanted me to come in for a face to face. I called back when I listened to the voice mail 45 mins later and left a voicemail. NEVER heard back. Tried to follow up the next morning with another voice mail and again got NO response, no call, no e-mail. Why bother telling a candidate you want them to come in and then not return a call or let them know something has changed in the position search? VERY unprofessional.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The partners were very friendly and asked about my experiences in public accounting and looked to see if the job was a fit for my background. There were no uncomfortable questions and I left the interview feeling very comfortable that Baker Tilly is a first class organization.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

Screening interview happened via phone. I was asked pretty standard questions about my background. I heard back later in the week with a rejection. Overall very fast and professional process.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

Very casual interview process. No case studies. The interviewers ask behavioral typical based questions to get into details of your experience to thoroughly explore your skills and values.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Melville, NY).

Interview

Met at Career fair sent a follow up email. Couple weeks later got a phone call to come in for an interview later that week. Interview was 3 parts, 1st wit HR, then with Tax Manager, then with a Partner.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for a first round interview through my campus e-recruiting site. Then got a 2nd interview with them at their office about 2 weeks later. Interview at the office consisted of two people, one with HR and another with the tax manager.

Interview Questions

• The only one that is difficult would be when they first ask to "tell us about yourself". Other than that, everything else was straight forward.   Answer Question