Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with manager and soon afterwards with a supervisor. Took about 20 mins. Basically if you go in with no kind of public accounting experience, you won't be considered. The manager seemed like she had a pre determined idea of a candidate that I did not fit. The supervisor seemed competent and very over worked. They both seemed stressed out and it wasn't even tax season.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a public accounting firm.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. One round of back to back on campus interviews and then the same thing in the office. The interviewers were friendly and wanted to engage in a back and forth as opposed to an interrogation. Letting your personality come through helps

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

I initially interviewed on campus with a manager. The following week I was invited to a second round interview that had two interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner and then lunch with two staff. It was pretty conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult group member.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting. First interview was on campus, and the whole interview was very conversational, the interviewer is very friendly. Interviewer asked about stuff like why our firm or why this area and 3 things you value the most when looking for a job. 2nd round was at the firm, had 3 interviews back to back with HR, employees and a partner. Didn't encounter any behavioral questions. All of which was very conversational. I've read other reviews that there are behavioral questions, but I guess it really varies with the interviewer.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruitment, only required a resume. First round was two 45 minute interviews, mostly explaining your resume, why Baker Tilly, with a lot of questions on team projects. Second round was two more 45 minute interviews at their office with the head of the consulting practice and their head of operations. Second round was also entirely behavioral, and all interviews were very casual and not stressful in the slightest. Post-interview I wasn't contacted with a yes/no. No thank you or inquiry emails answered, not sure if it's a consequence of being disorganized or if they're simply not interested in interacting with candidates they aren't making an offer too.

Interview Questions

• Describe your team experiences, your role, etc. (I wasn't expecting to spend the 30 minutes on this question, so be prepared to talk!)   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Received interview offer at the end of hiring season for position beginning in January, interviewer did not have many questions to ask but was polite and friendly. Did not receive the typical behavioral questions normally asked.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

Interview

Sat with current Baker Tilly employee who had been in the position for ~1 year. Went into first half of interview, where we talked about my resume and fit-based questions. Second part of the interview was with a senior director. This was the behavior part. While the others I had met with were all very friendly, the director was substantially colder, likely for intimidation.

Interview Questions

• If we were to give you an offer, what would make you reject it? This question was given to me after we had spent a substantial amount of time talking about what I was seeking in an employer, as it pertained to Baker Tilly. Tell me about a time that you leveraged a strong relationship in order to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Interview

Got the interview by staying in contact with the campus recruiter. Interview was behaviorally based questions, pretty routine. Focus I think is if you're going to be a good fit with the company. There were 3 parts to the interview - 1 with a partner, 1 with a manager and lunch with 2 staff members. Everyone was friendly and pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really tricky questions thrown out at the interview. Look up behavioral questions and you'll be well prepared.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in September 2014.

Interview

Low pressure interview process. Three different interviews during the office. Each was with a Senior Manager from Tax, Audit and Small Business. During the interview there was also a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time where you had trouble in a team setting and what you did to overcome the problem?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause (Fairfax, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Participated in the externship which led to an interview for the internship. Met with two employees and they took me out to lunch then went back and interviewed with a partner and a manager. They were all very nice. The process was a total of about three hours.