Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

I initially interviewed on campus with a manager. The following week I was invited to a second round interview that had two interviews, one with a manager and one with a partner and then lunch with two staff. It was pretty conversational.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult group member.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Got the interview by staying in contact with the campus recruiter. Interview was behaviorally based questions, pretty routine. Focus I think is if you're going to be a good fit with the company. There were 3 parts to the interview - 1 with a partner, 1 with a manager and lunch with 2 staff members. Everyone was friendly and pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really tricky questions thrown out at the interview. Look up behavioral questions and you'll be well prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

I applied through the campus recruiting services located on my college campus. The entire process consisted of an initial interview on campus, social prior to second interview, then a full day of interviews followed by lunch. I felt the process was extremely well organized. It allows a candidate to get to know the firm and it gives the partner's/staff members a chance to find out more about you.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral based. Having a broad range of experiences and situations to elaborate on helped me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, fair offer.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Had an interview on campus first and got called back within a week to set up a site visit and interview. The interview was all day and ended with lunch. Everyone was really friendly and included a social the night before at a local restaurant. Got called the night of the interview and was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was behavioral, they really just wanted to get to know you.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2013.

The on-campus interview was stress free. I walked in and was met by a greeter who asked a few questions about my life. I was then taken to the main interview. This lasted about 40 minutes and included the standard fare. Obviously, the interviewer asked if I had any questions and seemed to expect some.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to be a leader and organize people of differing opinions toward a common goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

(For the Milwaukee Office) I first completed a phone interview. The HR representative was very nice and it was more to get to know me rather than asking specific, tough, "interview questions". I made it past that point, at which time I was invited for an in-person interview, which is the final step. There were 4 interviewees, and we each met with 3 interviewers that day (30 mins each), and then we were taken to lunch, where it was 2 applicants and 2 employees to a table. It was a very nice experience, and I really wish I would have gotten the job. In any case, I enjoyed the lunch and getting to know the people, and maybe our paths will meet again in the future. The most important thing I'd like to stress in this review is that the in-person interview day seems intimidating, but I was actually quite relaxed once I got there and had a short welcome from the managing partner. They have a very solid interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked I mostly expected. The toughest one was a question that he kind of improvised which related to me specifically. Sorry, that probably doesn't help anyone preparing for an interview, but that's just how it was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in July 2012.

Very basic interview. Phone interview with HR. General questions about background and experience. Mostly focused on prior work and academic history. Three 15 minute interviews conducted one-on-one. Received phone call about 1 week after interview with job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in March 2012.

Was contacted through university recruiting. Completed phone interview and visited firm for second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in January 2012.

I was contacted by HR via email to set up a screening phone call. All I was asked was to go down my resume, and then I was asked if I had any questions. No real substance for me to explain myself outside my resume, and the HR representative could not even answer one of my questions. Overall, pretty displeased and not a big fan. I was hoping to gain more insight into the job, and all I got was pretty standard stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in March 2010.

I am going to do an in office interview in the next couple weeks