Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in July 2012.

Very basic interview. Phone interview with HR. General questions about background and experience. Mostly focused on prior work and academic history. Three 15 minute interviews conducted one-on-one. Received phone call about 1 week after interview with job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

I applied through the campus recruiting services located on my college campus. The entire process consisted of an initial interview on campus, social prior to second interview, then a full day of interviews followed by lunch. I felt the process was extremely well organized. It allows a candidate to get to know the firm and it gives the partner's/staff members a chance to find out more about you.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral based. Having a broad range of experiences and situations to elaborate on helped me.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, fair offer.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Had an interview on campus first and got called back within a week to set up a site visit and interview. The interview was all day and ended with lunch. Everyone was really friendly and included a social the night before at a local restaurant. Got called the night of the interview and was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was behavioral, they really just wanted to get to know you.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2013.

The on-campus interview was stress free. I walked in and was met by a greeter who asked a few questions about my life. I was then taken to the main interview. This lasted about 40 minutes and included the standard fare. Obviously, the interviewer asked if I had any questions and seemed to expect some.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to be a leader and organize people of differing opinions toward a common goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

(For the Milwaukee Office) I first completed a phone interview. The HR representative was very nice and it was more to get to know me rather than asking specific, tough, "interview questions". I made it past that point, at which time I was invited for an in-person interview, which is the final step. There were 4 interviewees, and we each met with 3 interviewers that day (30 mins each), and then we were taken to lunch, where it was 2 applicants and 2 employees to a table. It was a very nice experience, and I really wish I would have gotten the job. In any case, I enjoyed the lunch and getting to know the people, and maybe our paths will meet again in the future. The most important thing I'd like to stress in this review is that the in-person interview day seems intimidating, but I was actually quite relaxed once I got there and had a short welcome from the managing partner. They have a very solid interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked I mostly expected. The toughest one was a question that he kind of improvised which related to me specifically. Sorry, that probably doesn't help anyone preparing for an interview, but that's just how it was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in March 2012.

Was contacted through university recruiting. Completed phone interview and visited firm for second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in January 2012.

I was contacted by HR via email to set up a screening phone call. All I was asked was to go down my resume, and then I was asked if I had any questions. No real substance for me to explain myself outside my resume, and the HR representative could not even answer one of my questions. Overall, pretty displeased and not a big fan. I was hoping to gain more insight into the job, and all I got was pretty standard stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in November 2009.

The fact that my interviewer was a half hour late to my interviewer robbed me of an opportunity that was a great fit for

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in January 2008.

Interviewed with 5 people from the company. They seemed nice and asked some questions about what I do in my current job but didn't go into details.

Interview Questions
    For people having experience, there is some space to negotiate but not for fresh graduates.

If you enjoy working long hours and a fast learner, I highly recommend to work for the company. If you need to time to understand what you are doing before you actually do it, it is not a place to get trained properly and less painfully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in March 2010.

I am going to do an in office interview in the next couple weeks

Interview Questions

Worked for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause? Contribute to the Community!