Baker Tilly Virchow Krause Staff Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2013.

Initial on campus interviews; two 45 minute one-on-one interviews back to back. Very laid back, more conversational but still behavioral. After I passed the first round, I was brought onsite to interview with two more people. Baker Tilly paid for lunch before our interviews. Ended up being denied, but I sent a follow up email asking why and was told they hired more interns for FT positions than they initially anticipated. Really great experience, bummed that I was passed up!

Interview Questions
  • They're big on being honest/ethical. It was an easy question for me to answer, but if you're a terrible person you might struggle.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Two bak-to-back interviews of at least 45 minuete each, both interviews with current employees (all who have been in you position before). There was also two moderators, who showed me to my interviewing room, and talked to me for a brief minuete inbetween interviews.

STAR interviewing process, nothing too different from any other STAR interview I've every been in. The shear lentgh of the interview process though wore on me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to make a split-decsion? how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

The consulting interviews are all behavior based, no real case questions. Your knowledge of the industry and a consultant's ability to think will be tested, but they're are trying to gauge your passion and interest in the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Asked my definition of management consulting and challenged any "buzzwords" used.   Answer Question
    Standard package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in March 2011.

The interview process was fairly lengthy - lasting for about 4 months. The interviews were comprised of 3 phone interviews, and one in-person interview. The first phone interview was the typical call from Human Resources to see if I would be a good candidate for the position. The other two phone interviews were more about getting to know me and how I would fit for the project they had in mind. The in-person interview was three 1:1 interviews following with a lunch after with two current consultants in a similar role.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no questions that were unexpected or that difficult. Very straight to the point and not out to trick you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in June 2012.

I think it varies by team. My team is ~5 people in the Chicago office (2-3 are actually dedicated to the office, the others are either in WI or MI offices). My interviews were mostly done over the phone (3 phone interviews - recruiter in DC, manager, and then a lead) and one face-to-face over coffee (two other consultants).

Interview Questions
    • I found the questions to be pretty standard. The recruiter covered the behavioral stuff ('tell me about a time when...') and the team I met with convered the technical abilities/'walk me through your resume' type questions. It was informal, comfortable and I didn't feel pressured.

My only advice is to come prepared with a lot of questions - especailly if your interview is long. I typically come to an interview with 5-10 questions, but I was strugglig to fill time with that many. I would be prepared to ask about 20-30 minutes of questions, to be safe.
        Answer Question
    Not a lot of room at the Staff level.

Worked for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause? Contribute to the Community!