Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Very casual interview process. No case studies. The interviewers ask behavioral typical based questions to get into details of your experience to thoroughly explore your skills and values.

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Tilly Virchow Krause

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

Sat with current Baker Tilly employee who had been in the position for ~1 year. Went into first half of interview, where we talked about my resume and fit-based questions. Second part of the interview was with a senior director. This was the behavior part. While the others I had met with were all very friendly, the director was substantially colder, likely for intimidation.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to give you an offer, what would make you reject it? This question was given to me after we had spent a substantial amount of time talking about what I was seeking in an employer, as it pertained to Baker Tilly.

Tell me about a time that you leveraged a strong relationship in order to meet a deadline.

Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2014.

Applied through on-campus recruitment, only required a resume. First round was two 45 minute interviews, mostly explaining your resume, why Baker Tilly, with a lot of questions on team projects. Second round was two more 45 minute interviews at their office with the head of the consulting practice and their head of operations. Second round was also entirely behavioral, and all interviews were very casual and not stressful in the slightest.

Post-interview I wasn't contacted with a yes/no. No thank you or inquiry emails answered, not sure if it's a consequence of being disorganized or if they're simply not interested in interacting with candidates they aren't making an offer too.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your team experiences, your role, etc. (I wasn't expecting to spend the 30 minutes on this question, so be prepared to talk!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in October 2013.

Initial on campus interviews; two 45 minute one-on-one interviews back to back. Very laid back, more conversational but still behavioral. After I passed the first round, I was brought onsite to interview with two more people. Baker Tilly paid for lunch before our interviews. Ended up being denied, but I sent a follow up email asking why and was told they hired more interns for FT positions than they initially anticipated. Really great experience, bummed that I was passed up!

Interview Questions
    • They're big on being honest/ethical. It was an easy question for me to answer, but if you're a terrible person you might struggle.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

Two bak-to-back interviews of at least 45 minuete each, both interviews with current employees (all who have been in you position before). There was also two moderators, who showed me to my interviewing room, and talked to me for a brief minuete inbetween interviews.

STAR interviewing process, nothing too different from any other STAR interview I've every been in. The shear lentgh of the interview process though wore on me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to make a split-decsion? how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.

The consulting interviews are all behavior based, no real case questions. Your knowledge of the industry and a consultant's ability to think will be tested, but they're are trying to gauge your passion and interest in the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Asked my definition of management consulting and challenged any "buzzwords" used.   Answer Question
    Standard package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in June 2012.

I think it varies by team. My team is ~5 people in the Chicago office (2-3 are actually dedicated to the office, the others are either in WI or MI offices). My interviews were mostly done over the phone (3 phone interviews - recruiter in DC, manager, and then a lead) and one face-to-face over coffee (two other consultants).

Interview Questions
    • I found the questions to be pretty standard. The recruiter covered the behavioral stuff ('tell me about a time when...') and the team I met with convered the technical abilities/'walk me through your resume' type questions. It was informal, comfortable and I didn't feel pressured.

My only advice is to come prepared with a lot of questions - especailly if your interview is long. I typically come to an interview with 5-10 questions, but I was strugglig to fill time with that many. I would be prepared to ask about 20-30 minutes of questions, to be safe.

Answer Question
    Not a lot of room at the Staff level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause in March 2011.

The interview process was fairly lengthy - lasting for about 4 months. The interviews were comprised of 3 phone interviews, and one in-person interview. The first phone interview was the typical call from Human Resources to see if I would be a good candidate for the position. The other two phone interviews were more about getting to know me and how I would fit for the project they had in mind. The in-person interview was three 1:1 interviews following with a lunch after with two current consultants in a similar role.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no questions that were unexpected or that difficult. Very straight to the point and not out to trick you.   Answer Question