Baker & McKenzie Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 25, 2015

1.3

Contract Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker & McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

There was no interview other than a five-minute phone screening. Virtually no information was provided by the recruiter or the billing manager aboout the specifics of the job; it would have been helpful to note that a great deal of experience working with Word is necessary, as this is non-standard for this position industry-wide (and Baker provided virtually no training oon the job-specific software). Very slapdash. I should have seen it as the red flag it turned out to be.

Interview Questions

• none - in fact, virtually nothing of substance was asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Done through Randstad USA (which was a BIG mistake)

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Baker & McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume. HR called and was very helpful and responsive. But the process took forever and the partners were not prepared interviewers. I felt like I was interviewing them. I did get the job after being told it was between one other person and me. I appreciated knowing that. HR was good.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker & McKenzie (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

This was the most horribly offensive interviewing experience I have ever had. I was at a second round of interviews and interviewing with a high ranking partner in the labor and employment group for an associate position. He noticed that I had an engagement ring on and that I went to undergrad and law school in another state. He asked if I was originally from that state and, when I answered in the affirmative, asked me how they could be sure that I wouldn't move back to that state once I started "breeding." He said that in his experience, women go "running back to mommy" as soon as they have kids, so how could I convince him that I wasn't going to do that. I was completely shocked and told him that I was only licensed in Illinois, had been practicing here for 6 years, owned a home here, had no intention of leaving or having kids any time soon. I then stood up and left his office. I went directly to the head recruiter, told her that there was no need for me to continue on with the remainder of the interviews scheduled for that day or with the interview process, and pulled myself from contention.

Interview Questions

• How could I assure them that I wouldn't run back to my mommy in my home state when I decided to have kids?   1 Answer