Baker & McKenzie Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baker & McKenzie in June 2010.

This was the most horribly offensive interviewing experience I have ever had. I was at a second round of interviews and interviewing with a high ranking partner in the labor and employment group for an associate position. He noticed that I had an engagement ring on and that I went to undergrad and law school in another state. He asked if I was originally from that state and, when I answered in the affirmative, asked me how they could be sure that I wouldn't move back to that state once I started "breeding." He said that in his experience, women go "running back to mommy" as soon as they have kids, so how could I convince him that I wasn't going to do that. I was completely shocked and told him that I was only licensed in Illinois, had been practicing here for 6 years, owned a home here, had no intention of leaving or having kids any time soon. I then stood up and left his office. I went directly to the head recruiter, told her that there was no need for me to continue on with the remainder of the interviews scheduled for that day or with the interview process, and pulled myself from contention.

Interview Questions
    • How could I assure them that I wouldn't run back to my mommy in my home state when I decided to have kids?   View Answer

Contract Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Baker & McKenzie in November 2013.

There was no interview other than a five-minute phone screening. Virtually no information was provided by the recruiter or the billing manager aboout the specifics of the job; it would have been helpful to note that a great deal of experience working with Word is necessary, as this is non-standard for this position industry-wide (and Baker provided virtually no training oon the job-specific software). Very slapdash. I should have seen it as the red flag it turned out to be.

Interview Questions
    • none - in fact, virtually nothing of substance was asked.   View Answer
    Done through Randstad USA (which was a BIG mistake)

Worked for Baker & McKenzie? Contribute to the Community!