Baker & Taylor

www.btol.com
  www.btol.com

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Buyer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker & Taylor in June 2010.

Sent in my application. 2 people I know well who worked with them called and emailed them giving me high praise and asked they meet with me. Heard from HR to set up an appointment. Met with 3 people. I had the experience, the contacts and the industry knowledge they kept saying they needed. I got along well with all 3. The entire interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was able to answer all their questions easily, had references in hand, had all the experience they asked for. They all kept saying they needed someone with strong book knowledge, that they didn't have time to teach that. With over 20 years in books I figured I was a shoe in. About a week or so later I got a form letter from the HR person saying they'd chosen someone else. Found out later they hired someone with no book experience. I don't know if my salary was the problem. I was disappointed, I thought we'd make a great team.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think would be the most difficult part of this job for you?   Answer Question