Bakers Footwear

Bakers Footwear Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bakers Footwear

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bakers Footwear.

I was asked pretty basic interview questions such as to describe my work ethic, how i would react in certain situations, etc. The woman who interviewed me was friendly and made me feel quite comfortable. I do not remember the exact interview questions as it was quite long ago but I do remember the hiring manager telling me I had the biggest smile she had ever seen and that I got the job because of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bakers Footwear in June 2012.

The store I applied at was being taken over by a new manager and my friend told me to apply because the manager was looking to hire new people. I got an application and turned it in the same day to the hiring/store manager. She told me that the following week she was going to be calling all applicants for interviews. The next week I did not get a call, rather the week later. I was scheduled for an interview the same day and was told to "dress to impress". After getting dolled up I arrived and was told to pick out accessories or shoes to match what I was wearing and then asked to explain why I picked the items I did. I then had an interview outside with the manager. I would recommend knowing your stuff! It looks good when you know information about the company you are applying for. This is a job that also works off of commission so if you don't like commission selling, this isn't for you.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bakers Footwear in February 2011.

Met with Area Manager first for face to face interview in a quiet location in mall, about an hour long

Follow up was a phone interview with different area manager, took about 40 minutes total

Called next day to fill out background, criminal, and credit check information, took 10 minutes

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bakers Footwear in December 2010.

Extremely easy to get hired, just looking for fun energetic fashion-forward people. Mostly hire young college aged women as sales staff. Management could be hired with little to no managerial experience, just a positive outlook and retail background. Very limited opportunity for upward mobility since all upper management has been stalemated.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiating, fixed salaries, not willing to give raises

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bakers Footwear in July 2010.

Was interviewed with Store manager of South County Mall (St. Louis, MO). She asked basic questions about my previous experience in management; asked about LP experience; what I think about giving hours to employees based on productivity, how I would deal with several customers needing attention at the same time, and what read me the description of the job and asked if I could do it. I interviewed on Friday and had an interview with the Regional Manager on Tuesday. She asked questions about LP, how I found out about Bakers, why I wanted to work there, if I felt I could be a good salesperson--very bottom line oriented. They were very easy interviews. No behavioral interview questions, just asked about my experiences. At the end she asked me to complete a 4-5 question assessment. It was basic business math. Giving correct change, calculating percentages, calculating hourly wage with commission.

Interview Questions
    • What was your greatest accomplishment at your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Why did you not return to your previous position after your medical leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bakers Footwear in June 2010.

The manager was very nice and she cared.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a bad situation with someone you worked with?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bakers Footwear in June 2009.

Phone interview with DM, face to face interview with Area Manager, 2nd interview with different area manager, interview with DM and Regional Manager. All interviews lasted at least an hour. All of the people I met where nice and proffesional at the time of interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bakers Footwear in January 2008.

I knew someone who already worked at the store. This is the best way to get an interview - based on my work experience at the store. The store manager called me in for an interview. We spoke briefly on the phone, and arranged a time to meet. She met me at the store and talked to me outside for about 15 minutes. Within 2-3 days I received a phone call and an offer to start working at the register. Six months later, I trained to be a sales associate.

Interview Questions
    • What brings you to our store? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bakers Footwear in February 2012.

The day after I applied at Bakers i received a call from the manager to come in for an interview that week. When i met her for the interview she was nice and welcoming and we kind of casually started talking about how nice the weather had been. She than began the interview process and asked why I wanted to work at Bakers and what made me apply. Next she asked for me to tell her about myself and I kind of just went over my resume and talked about school and my internships. Then she asked about my availability and proceeded with questions regarding the store and possible situations with clients. The "What ifs" and "What would you do". Next she told me about the dress code and what would be expected of me as far as sales.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who says they are just looking and don't have any money?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation. I was offered min. wage

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bakers Footwear in May 2009.

I received a call from a recruiter within the company and agreed to an interview. Over the course of the interview I was asked to make a Store Action plan and I was also asked to answer some mathematical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for Bakers?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working in a commission environment and how do you motivate others in a commission environment?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. DO NOT put your actual minimum because this company will offer you very, very low.