Bakers Footwear

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bakers Footwear in December 2010.

Interview Details – Extremely easy to get hired, just looking for fun energetic fashion-forward people. Mostly hire young college aged women as sales staff. Management could be hired with little to no managerial experience, just a positive outlook and retail background. Very limited opportunity for upward mobility since all upper management has been stalemated.

Interview Question – None, all standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiating, fixed salaries, not willing to give raises

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bakers Footwear.

Interview Details – I was asked pretty basic interview questions such as to describe my work ethic, how i would react in certain situations, etc. The woman who interviewed me was friendly and made me feel quite comfortable. I do not remember the exact interview questions as it was quite long ago but I do remember the hiring manager telling me I had the biggest smile she had ever seen and that I got the job because of it.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Hampton, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bakers Footwear in June 2012.

Interview Details – The store I applied at was being taken over by a new manager and my friend told me to apply because the manager was looking to hire new people. I got an application and turned it in the same day to the hiring/store manager. She told me that the following week she was going to be calling all applicants for interviews. The next week I did not get a call, rather the week later. I was scheduled for an interview the same day and was told to "dress to impress". After getting dolled up I arrived and was told to pick out accessories or shoes to match what I was wearing and then asked to explain why I picked the items I did. I then had an interview outside with the manager. I would recommend knowing your stuff! It looks good when you know information about the company you are applying for. This is a job that also works off of commission so if you don't like commission selling, this isn't for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bakers Footwear in June 2010.

Interview Details – The manager was very nice and she cared.

Interview Question – How would you handle a bad situation with someone you worked with?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bakers Footwear in February 2011.

Interview Details – Met with Area Manager first for face to face interview in a quiet location in mall, about an hour long

Follow up was a phone interview with different area manager, took about 40 minutes total

Called next day to fill out background, criminal, and credit check information, took 10 minutes

Floor Supervisor Interview

Floor Supervisor
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bakers Footwear in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed with Store manager of South County Mall (St. Louis, MO). She asked basic questions about my previous experience in management; asked about LP experience; what I think about giving hours to employees based on productivity, how I would deal with several customers needing attention at the same time, and what read me the description of the job and asked if I could do it. I interviewed on Friday and had an interview with the Regional Manager on Tuesday. She asked questions about LP, how I found out about Bakers, why I wanted to work there, if I felt I could be a good salesperson--very bottom line oriented. They were very easy interviews. No behavioral interview questions, just asked about my experiences. At the end she asked me to complete a 4-5 question assessment. It was basic business math. Giving correct change, calculating percentages, calculating hourly wage with commission.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment at your previous position?   Answer Question
  • Why did you not return to your previous position after your medical leave?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bakers Footwear in January 2008.

Interview Details – I knew someone who already worked at the store. This is the best way to get an interview - based on my work experience at the store. The store manager called me in for an interview. We spoke briefly on the phone, and arranged a time to meet. She met me at the store and talked to me outside for about 15 minutes. Within 2-3 days I received a phone call and an offer to start working at the register. Six months later, I trained to be a sales associate.

Interview Question – What brings you to our store? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bakers Footwear in June 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with DM, face to face interview with Area Manager, 2nd interview with different area manager, interview with DM and Regional Manager. All interviews lasted at least an hour. All of the people I met where nice and proffesional at the time of interview.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bakers Footwear in February 2012.

Interview Details – The day after I applied at Bakers i received a call from the manager to come in for an interview that week. When i met her for the interview she was nice and welcoming and we kind of casually started talking about how nice the weather had been. She than began the interview process and asked why I wanted to work at Bakers and what made me apply. Next she asked for me to tell her about myself and I kind of just went over my resume and talked about school and my internships. Then she asked about my availability and proceeded with questions regarding the store and possible situations with clients. The "What ifs" and "What would you do". Next she told me about the dress code and what would be expected of me as far as sales.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer who says they are just looking and don't have any money?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation. I was offered min. wage

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Bakers Footwear in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was simple. The company is looking for a sales personality so bring you A game. Be yourself.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone just bought an outfit from another store and needed shoes to match it?   Answer Question

Worked for Bakers Footwear? Contribute to the Community!