Bakers Shoes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate

Interviewed at Bakers Shoes

Interview Details – They called me a week after I completed an application at the store. The store manager was very polite and informative about the duties of my position. She gave a group interview and I was called about a week later.

Interview Question – How do you overcome adversity?   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bakers Shoes.

Interview Details – I applied and was called back for an interview within about a week or so and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How are you working on sales goals   Answer Question

Montebello, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bakers Shoes.

Interview Details – Had to go through 3 individual interviews w/ several managers. It was pretty casual overall. Bring resume, look & act the part & you'll most likely get the job.

Interview Question – Interviewer might ask you to sell something on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just took the job & went with it.

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bakers Shoes in November 2008.

Interview Details – Very informal interview. No drug test for part time sales associates.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not easy to negotiate your salary. They have company restrictions for salary even for the best assistant managers so sales associates get minimum wage.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bakers Shoes.

Interview Details – Quick response after turning in application. Asked a few questions on the phone and set up an interview time. Interview included all of the standard questions; strengths/weaknesses, what skills do you bring, situations where you handled a difficult customer, etc.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you handled a difficult or angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bakers Shoes in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was late and interviewed me and another girl at the same time. I thought that was weird and very unfair. We were asked the same questions and sometimes had the same answer. She said she would call back regardless if we got the job or not and never did.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for Bakers Shoes? Contribute to the Community!