Balboa Capital

Balboa Capital Account Executive Interview Questions

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Balboa Capital in January 2014.

They were very nice to me, I had to interview with 2 managers, one of them was the branch/district manager. They were very honest with me about the position. It is sales so it can be intimidating but they didn't allude to what the company is like, like some finance companies might do. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
  • What do you want to do with your future? How will finance help you get there? Is this something you take seriously or are you just using this position to get a job quickly?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Balboa Capital

Account Executive Interview

interviewed at Balboa Capital in November 2013.

I met the recruiter at a job fair and he called me about 2 weeks after the job fair. We set up a phone interview which was extremely short. He just asked me if I had any questions and after about 20 minutes he said he would forward my resume to one of the managers. 2 days later he calls me back and said they are interested moving forward. I scheduled for an in person interview. It's a standard behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not really the most difficult questions, but here are some questions.
      What are your greatest strengths? What are your greatest weaknesses?
      Why do you want a position in sales?
      Why should we pick you?
      Describe your competitive drive.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Balboa Capital in August 2013.

2 interviews. First one with Account Manager. General questions about background and why you would fit in. AM gives general overview of AE(Account Executive position). Second interview with Senior Account Manager. He gives you honest info about the AE position and how difficult it is. 1st interview for me was 30 minutes. The 2nd interview was about the same.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions just a intimidating 2nd interview   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Balboa Capital.

Got the generic call from a recruiter 2 days after applying and went over the position as well as my resume then set up am in person interview. In person interview was quick, went over position and expectations as well as how much of a hard worker I could be. Was offered the position the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Balboa Capital in March 2013.

Was first contacted by their company recruiters on the phone by my resume on one of the job hunting websites. All of the others I trained with where found the same way so chances are, so will you. Had a brief conversation with the individual to make sure I was a fit for the position. Once that is taken care of, you will meet with one of the sales managers - who you meet with exactly will be dependent on which department you are in. This interview will last a bit longer, around 30-45 minutes and they will ask a few more detailed questions. Finally, if you past that interview, you meet with the VP of Sales, who is actually the mayor of Huntington beach...cool fun fact, and they will just ask a few more questions. If all goes well, they will have the recruiter give you a call back and have you come in a shadow one of their better sales reps for about 45 minutes.....you will be able to listen to a few calls and kind of see what they do. After, they manager will bring you in and see how you liked it and asks if it would be something you could handle doing. After that is when I got the call the next day saying I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • The sales manager asked what my opinion was on the biggest difference from talking with Mom and Pop kind of shops, and talking with larger companies.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation at all, they draft a cover letter and since its an entry level telemarketing job, just a low base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Balboa Capital in May 2012.

They contact you via career fairs or online recruiting tools. Recruiter talks and maintains contact with you. Be sure to follow up on time. Interview is a one step process with a manager and they ultimately decide to hire or not. If you know someone on the inside, it is an automatic hire.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Balboa Capital in May 2012.

Recruiter finds you, sends you to an interview and they hire and fire based on the manager's review of you. This is an unstructured and quite unprofessional process, depending on which manager gets you.

Interview Questions
    • We have a high turn around rate, think you can handle that?   View Answer
    There is no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Balboa Capital in April 2012.

Just a basic interview process, was called in for three separate interviews, then was offered the position. No difficult questions in the interview process. They had a lot of candidates applying for the position so make sure to be prepared for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Balboa Capital in March 2012.

Every Account Executive I ("AE1") starts off at $30K base salary. With commission, you're looking at $36K or $37K at the end of your first year.

The sales system is structured like a pyramid. You have Sales Managers on top who have the industry experience & technical know-how but don't want to make the phone calls. So the Sales Managers hire half or a dozen juniors to do the grunt work. If you're a junior and you miss quota within the first 4 months, you're out.

I recommend this position for people who are looking long-term & willing to sacrifice pay in the first few years of their career. You're required to work 50 hours a week but, as with any sales role, more than welcome to work more.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Balboa Capital.

Called because I had worked for a leasing company before with no proven track record. Apparently "dazzled" by the fact that I had some experience. The base was non-negotiable. But, wait, I thought your company was so impressed with my "experience"? Nope, 30K and 12% of your sales. Okay, interview went like this..."Look, we can draw lease documents in 30 seconds...and we have 7 million business names and numbers from the yellow pag...er.. exclusive database of qualified customers you can call. You'll make 15 bucks an hour and I KNOW you will do well here because...well I'm not quite sure...but you're an ace, I have no proof of this...but I feel it....you can move your stuff into that empty cubicle today."

Interview Questions

Obviously a boiler room. I didn't want to make calls for some lucky idiot that happened to get in on the ground floor with no more sales ability than I have.