Balboa Capital Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
18 interviews

2.8

Account Executive I Interview

First applied through a career center and someone from their Irvine office called me and explained the position to see if I was a good fit for it. Then she emailed the local office to set up an over the phone interview to proceed the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Balboa Capital in April 2012.

Just a basic interview process, was called in for three separate interviews, then was offered the position. No difficult questions in the interview process. They had a lot of candidates applying for the position so make sure to be prepared for the interview.

Regional Sales Interview

no challenge here. They were unprepared about my background and just were looking to hire almost anyone. they had done little background and I was unemployed and was told by friends at company they would hire me if i committed to making phone calls

Interview Questions
    • nothing complicated...very basic questions..they will hire anyone who will make phone calls   Answer Question
    not any room to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Balboa Capital in January 2014.

They were very nice to me, I had to interview with 2 managers, one of them was the branch/district manager. They were very honest with me about the position. It is sales so it can be intimidating but they didn't allude to what the company is like, like some finance companies might do. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do with your future? How will finance help you get there? Is this something you take seriously or are you just using this position to get a job quickly?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Balboa Capital in August 2013.

2 interviews. First one with Account Manager. General questions about background and why you would fit in. AM gives general overview of AE(Account Executive position). Second interview with Senior Account Manager. He gives you honest info about the AE position and how difficult it is. 1st interview for me was 30 minutes. The 2nd interview was about the same.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions just a intimidating 2nd interview   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

interviewed at Balboa Capital in November 2013.

I met the recruiter at a job fair and he called me about 2 weeks after the job fair. We set up a phone interview which was extremely short. He just asked me if I had any questions and after about 20 minutes he said he would forward my resume to one of the managers. 2 days later he calls me back and said they are interested moving forward. I scheduled for an in person interview. It's a standard behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not really the most difficult questions, but here are some questions.
      What are your greatest strengths? What are your greatest weaknesses?
      Why do you want a position in sales?
      Why should we pick you?
      Describe your competitive drive.
        Answer Question

Online Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Balboa Capital in July 2011.

During my two in-depth interviews, I was asked some great questions, many of which were challenging. I met with four staff members and learned a great deal about the job description and expectations, along with some of the company's key strategic goals. I could tell this company had a solid marketing department and was very impressed with everyone's knowledge and professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would go about taking the company to the next level in terms of a specific marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Junior Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Balboa Capital in September 2012.

For the marketing internship, the interview was very simple and typical. Nothing surprising. Tell about yourself and your experiences. It's only part time and you're only an intern, so you're not expected to have that much experience. After the interview, I got an email back with an offer and shortly I came in to fill out paper work and begin work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Know your resume and previous experiences. Do research about the company and integrate that with your answers. Know about situations that you failed and tried to improve, how you overcome weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Balboa Capital in February 2013.

I interviewed with Balboa Capital immediately after earning my college degree, and they were very professional. The company has an in-house recruiting department that asks the right questions, provides realistic expectations, and makes you feel confident in your decision (should you end up accepting a position at Balboa like I did). My interview was thorough, and I learned everything I needed to know about the company. Everything was efficient and the Balboa recruiter was flexible and worked around my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I would do if I failed when doing a task at work. This was a good question that made me think "would I ever fail?"   View Answer
    There was a fixed salary amount for me because I was entry level right out of college. It was well within the amount I was seeking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Balboa Capital in March 2013.

Was first contacted by their company recruiters on the phone by my resume on one of the job hunting websites. All of the others I trained with where found the same way so chances are, so will you. Had a brief conversation with the individual to make sure I was a fit for the position. Once that is taken care of, you will meet with one of the sales managers - who you meet with exactly will be dependent on which department you are in. This interview will last a bit longer, around 30-45 minutes and they will ask a few more detailed questions. Finally, if you past that interview, you meet with the VP of Sales, who is actually the mayor of Huntington beach...cool fun fact, and they will just ask a few more questions. If all goes well, they will have the recruiter give you a call back and have you come in a shadow one of their better sales reps for about 45 minutes.....you will be able to listen to a few calls and kind of see what they do. After, they manager will bring you in and see how you liked it and asks if it would be something you could handle doing. After that is when I got the call the next day saying I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • The sales manager asked what my opinion was on the biggest difference from talking with Mom and Pop kind of shops, and talking with larger companies.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation at all, they draft a cover letter and since its an entry level telemarketing job, just a low base pay.

Worked for Balboa Capital? Contribute to the Community!