Balboa Capital

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Balboa Capital in April 2012.

Interview Details – Just a basic interview process, was called in for three separate interviews, then was offered the position. No difficult questions in the interview process. They had a lot of candidates applying for the position so make sure to be prepared for the interview.

Interview Question – Why a career in finance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Balboa Capital in January 2014.

Interview Details – They were very nice to me, I had to interview with 2 managers, one of them was the branch/district manager. They were very honest with me about the position. It is sales so it can be intimidating but they didn't allude to what the company is like, like some finance companies might do. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – What do you want to do with your future? How will finance help you get there? Is this something you take seriously or are you just using this position to get a job quickly?   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Balboa Capital in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. First one with Account Manager. General questions about background and why you would fit in. AM gives general overview of AE(Account Executive position). Second interview with Senior Account Manager. He gives you honest info about the AE position and how difficult it is. 1st interview for me was 30 minutes. The 2nd interview was about the same.

Interview Question – no difficult questions just a intimidating 2nd interview   Answer Question

Online Marketing Coordinator Interview

Online Marketing Coordinator
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Balboa Capital in July 2011.

Interview Details – During my two in-depth interviews, I was asked some great questions, many of which were challenging. I met with four staff members and learned a great deal about the job description and expectations, along with some of the company's key strategic goals. I could tell this company had a solid marketing department and was very impressed with everyone's knowledge and professionalism.

Interview Question – I was asked how I would go about taking the company to the next level in terms of a specific marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Junior Marketing Associate Interview

Junior Marketing Associate
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Balboa Capital in September 2012.

Interview Details – For the marketing internship, the interview was very simple and typical. Nothing surprising. Tell about yourself and your experiences. It's only part time and you're only an intern, so you're not expected to have that much experience. After the interview, I got an email back with an offer and shortly I came in to fill out paper work and begin work.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. Know your resume and previous experiences. Do research about the company and integrate that with your answers. Know about situations that you failed and tried to improve, how you overcome weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Balboa Capital in February 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Balboa Capital immediately after earning my college degree, and they were very professional. The company has an in-house recruiting department that asks the right questions, provides realistic expectations, and makes you feel confident in your decision (should you end up accepting a position at Balboa like I did). My interview was thorough, and I learned everything I needed to know about the company. Everything was efficient and the Balboa recruiter was flexible and worked around my schedule.

Interview Question – I was asked what I would do if I failed when doing a task at work. This was a good question that made me think "would I ever fail?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was a fixed salary amount for me because I was entry level right out of college. It was well within the amount I was seeking.

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Balboa Capital in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by their company recruiters on the phone by my resume on one of the job hunting websites. All of the others I trained with where found the same way so chances are, so will you. Had a brief conversation with the individual to make sure I was a fit for the position. Once that is taken care of, you will meet with one of the sales managers - who you meet with exactly will be dependent on which department you are in. This interview will last a bit longer, around 30-45 minutes and they will ask a few more detailed questions. Finally, if you past that interview, you meet with the VP of Sales, who is actually the mayor of Huntington beach...cool fun fact, and they will just ask a few more questions. If all goes well, they will have the recruiter give you a call back and have you come in a shadow one of their better sales reps for about 45 minutes.....you will be able to listen to a few calls and kind of see what they do. After, they manager will bring you in and see how you liked it and asks if it would be something you could handle doing. After that is when I got the call the next day saying I got the position.

Interview Question – The sales manager asked what my opinion was on the biggest difference from talking with Mom and Pop kind of shops, and talking with larger companies.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation at all, they draft a cover letter and since its an entry level telemarketing job, just a low base pay.

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Balboa Capital in May 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter finds you, sends you to an interview and they hire and fire based on the manager's review of you. This is an unstructured and quite unprofessional process, depending on which manager gets you.

Interview Question – We have a high turn around rate, think you can handle that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiations.

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Balboa Capital in May 2012.

Interview Details – They contact you via career fairs or online recruiting tools. Recruiter talks and maintains contact with you. Be sure to follow up on time. Interview is a one step process with a manager and they ultimately decide to hire or not. If you know someone on the inside, it is an automatic hire.

Interview Question – What do you define success as?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Very Easy Interview

MCA Sales Representative Interview

MCA Sales Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Balboa Capital in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email and phone call to invite me to an interview. First interview was general simple interview. Second call back was more regarding career focus.

Interview Question – none simple they hire anybody   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they would not negotiation, i attempted everything they didnt budget. Reason is because they can hire anybody

Worked for Balboa Capital? Contribute to the Community!