Baldwin Wallace University

Candidate Interview Review

Assistant Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baldwin Wallace University in March 2010.

Initial communications via email and phone conversations. Interview process was very standard (office environment, tour of the facilities, history of the institution, and very normal interview questions: if you've ever read a guide for how to ace an interview, you're pretty safe, at least in my experience). After initial interview, a few days passed and I received a phone call with an offer. Some negotiating of pay scale and another phone call later and I had the job. Interview questions covered my basic work and education history; skills and areas of study related to the job, how past experiences would shape my work; work approach and style, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing challenging or difficult (maybe the most difficult was the "why do you want to work here" question or "what makes your skills the best for this role").   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate minimum hourly pay upward. I recommend attempting this as a part-timer especially, because once you've gotten locked in, getting promoted can be a difficult process and annual wage increases are minimal.