Baldwin & Lyons Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baldwin & Lyons

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Carmel, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

There were multiple interviews with the head of the intern department. This was followed by an interview with the head of the department you wish to be in. The first interviews are very basic, asking what you do in your free time, etc. The interview with your department head is more department based. But keep in mind they realize you are an intern and are there to learn. They do however, look for someone they believe will take the internship and run with it. They want someone who is going to make the most of it.

Interview Questions

• We do look to hire on after the internship period is over. Is this something you would be interested in?   Answer Question

Sagamore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Carmel, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

First I met with a recruiter at the career fair. next I applied online through their online application process, I sent the recruiter a follow up email. She emailed me back and set up a phone interview for three days later. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long. I sent a follow up email. I heard back a few days later to schedule an onsite interview. I met with the recruiter for about 15 minutes, then she took me upstairs to talk with the person that would be my supervisor. We sat in his office and spoke for about 30 minutes. I got a tour of the building. I sent a follow up email to both the recruiter and the supervisor thanking them for their time. I received a phone call about a week after where the recruiter gave me an offer. I said yes and had to sign my offer letter and send it back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about B&L.   1 Answer

Architect/IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baldwin & Lyons (Carmel, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was extremely fast and efficient. Had a first interview with the hiring manager followed by an onsite interview with several peers and team members (about two hours). Received an offer the day after the onsite interview. Entire process took about two business days. Questions were not scripted. It was really more of a dialogue and a chance for both sides to determine if it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What would you hope to accomplish in your first 90 days?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. I went into the process knowing what the salary range and benefits were. The offer was fair and competitive with the market so I saw no need to negotiate.