Balfour Beatty Construction Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviewed 3 times, very straight forward and asked a lot of questions...Very easy to talk to them and tell them the work that I had already experienced in the field.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty Construction in March 2015.

Interview

The Interview was a panel interview with two gentlemen. They asked a range of questions from what are you looking for in this position to what do you like to do in your spare time

BIM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty Construction (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I first met the hiring manager at a career fair, then applied online in October. I got an email back in December to ask if I was still interested in the position. I attended another on campus career fair in February and spoke with the same hiring manager. I got a call and set up an interview. I was hired the following day.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty Construction (Raleigh, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview went very well with quick follow up! I came out with a great understanding of the company values and structure. We discussed what the company needed and I told them what I could offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty Construction in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and if they were interested, they gave me a call and set up a time for an interview that was most convenient for the both of us. Then I went to their facility, they interviewed me (2people - group interview) and then they got back to me in about a week. It was a fairly simple process.

Interview Questions

• When given a new project, what are your usual first steps that you take?   Answer Question
    • What would you say your biggest strengths are?   Answer Question
    • With your biggest strength, how is that applied to a team setting and how are you able to incorporate yourself into a team?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your communication skills within a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I met a recruiter in a career fair. There we had a conversation about what I like about construction. I also told them some of my background and that I really liked the company. I heard from the company before running into them at the career fair. They told me to apply online to a specific position.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty Construction.

Interview

It was conducted through an outside search firm. Many of my friends and colleagues were contacted as well.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty Construction (Stillwater, OK) in March 2013.

Interview

When I first interviewed with Balfour it was for an intern position. The two interviewers were very relaxed and made the interview seem more like we were just having a conversation. They asked the typical questions like, why I wanted to be in construction. After the interview they gave me some free stuff like most companies do that are hiring interns. It took close to a month before I heard back from there HR department. That what the only thing throughout the whole process that was a little disappointing. I have heard that is the average wait time but I was anxious to hear back since I assumed my interview went so well. I did not have an interview for my full time employment they just offered me after my internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation you have encountered where there was a conflict that involved you at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of one because they beat all of my other offers. I still told them that I wanted more time to think because of other offers and they accepted that willingly.

IT Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty Construction (Fairfax, VA) in May 2009.

Interview

With CIO -- 15 years ago... Good, casual, more concerned with personality than technical skills...

Interview Questions

• Why didn't I stay in the Army...   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Balfour Beatty Construction.

Interview

Got invite through an agency

Interview Questions

• Can you manage three projects runing concurrently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

offered £240 per day