Balfour Beatty (United Kingdom) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2014
Updated Jun 19, 2014
5 interviews

L&D Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Balfour Beatty (United Kingdom).

Contacted through recruiter. Attended panel interview at London HQ. Long interview, good questions, related to experience, interviewer provided overview of job, seemed to be a bit in the air what was required, no clear answers to questions regarding scope and requirements. Did not provide feedback after interview, other than 'weakest candidate'.

Business Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Balfour Beatty (United Kingdom) in April 2013.

I recently attended an Assessment Centre for Balfour Beatty Workplace for a Business Management Graduate Scheme. The recruitment process consisted of:

1) Online Application
    2) Numerical & Verbal Reasoning Tests / Personality Questionnaire
    3) Telephone Interview

- What do you know about BB?
    - Why the Business Management Grad Scheme?
    - Tell me about a BB project that you know about?

4) Assessment Centre

- Written Exercise (Can't prepare for this - on the day exercise)
    - Group Exercise (Can't prepare for this - on the day exercise)
    - Retesting of Numerical Reasoning Test
    - Face to face Interview

-- Why BB?
    -- Why this scheme?
    -- Tell us a time when you have worked effectively in a team? What role do you normally take? How do you work with difficult people? How do you operate within a team? What do you like/dislike about working in a team?
    -- Tell us a time when you have had different values/opinions to somebody else? What did you do about this?
    -- Tell us a time when you dealt with a demanding customer?
    -- Tell us a time when you made a decision without all of the information available?
    -- Any other questions?

Tip:

- Research Balfour Beatty group, and the different divisions they operate in. Research the division and business that you will be working at in detail.
    - Prepare competencies that fit their values: Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Teamwork
    - Be prepared to express your openness to relocating and travelling

Interview Questions
    • For me it was: Tell us a time when you made a decision without all of the information available?   Answer Question

Domestic Operative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dunbar, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunbar, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Balfour Beatty (United Kingdom) in August 2008.

i was called at home and invited in for an interview. when i went in i was met by interviewing officer. interview lasted 30 mins. i was called again at home 3 days after interview and told that i was being offered the job which i duly accepted. i then heard nothing for 2 weeks and i had to contact them when they told me they were waiting on my security clearance to come through. i was then invited in to do an induction and drug and alcohol test. i started work on 13 october 2009.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult or unexpected questions asked   View Answer
    no negotiations were offered and none asked for.

Graduate Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Balfour Beatty (United Kingdom) in September 2008.

Hiring event was done through recruitment consultancy. Got invited to an assessment day where I had various interviews and had to do various aptitude tests.

n/a

Industrial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Balfour Beatty (United Kingdom) in January 2008.

Balfour Beatty has arranged an interview process in the uni, where before they interviewed they have made a brief presentation about background of the company and positions available within the company. They have then conducted an IQ test which lasted 30mins. After the IQ test applicants where taken for 1:1 interview with the man in charge of recruiting.

Interview Questions

Worked for Balfour Beatty (United Kingdom)? Contribute to the Community!