Balfour Construction Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2014
Updated Jun 9, 2014
6 interviews

Intern Interview

I met a recruiter in a career fair. There we had a conversation about what I like about construction. I also told them some of my background and that I really liked the company. I heard from the company before running into them at the career fair. They told me to apply online to a specific position.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stillwater, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Balfour Construction in March 2013.

When I first interviewed with Balfour it was for an intern position. The two interviewers were very relaxed and made the interview seem more like we were just having a conversation. They asked the typical questions like, why I wanted to be in construction. After the interview they gave me some free stuff like most companies do that are hiring interns. It took close to a month before I heard back from there HR department. That what the only thing throughout the whole process that was a little disappointing. I have heard that is the average wait time but I was anxious to hear back since I assumed my interview went so well. I did not have an interview for my full time employment they just offered me after my internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a situation you have encountered where there was a conflict that involved you at work and how you handled it?   View Answer
    There wasn't much of one because they beat all of my other offers. I still told them that I wanted more time to think because of other offers and they accepted that willingly.

Vice President Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Balfour Construction.

It was conducted through an outside search firm. Many of my friends and colleagues were contacted as well.

IT Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Balfour Construction in May 2009.

With CIO -- 15 years ago... Good, casual, more concerned with personality than technical skills...

Planner Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Balfour Construction.

Got invite through an agency

Interview Questions
    • Can you manage three projects runing concurrently?   View Answer
    offered £240 per day

Project Accountant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Balfour Construction in August 2008.

Work culture is professional but long hours.

Able to negotiate 3% above offering.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Balfour Construction

Worked for Balfour Construction? Contribute to the Community!