Balfour

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Balfour in February 2011.

Interview Details – I knew the head of development and he solicited me to apply. They have a legacy project that is ASP/C#.NET and a next generation project that was to be in Java/J2EE. They later switched to a PHP based solution for this new project. I have some minor experience in PHP and LAMP development however my primary experience has been Java development. I assumed this was understood. I initially spoke with someone on phone and sent a resume. I interviewed onsite early the next week. I met with four engineers in all. I was asked about PHP, Agile development, SQL/database questions as well as OO and framework/methodology questions. It was clear at the end of the interview I did not posess the experience they were looking for with PHP. My friend thought this would not be a problem but I never receieved an offer and went with another job. Mildly dissapointing but I got the impression I would not like working there. There seemed to be some internal infighting among the sw development team. My friend pretty much confirmed as much.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Balfour? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Balfour Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Balfour employees and interview candidates.