Balfour Software Engineer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Balfour in February 2011.

I knew the head of development and he solicited me to apply. They have a legacy project that is ASP/C#.NET and a next generation project that was to be in Java/J2EE. They later switched to a PHP based solution for this new project. I have some minor experience in PHP and LAMP development however my primary experience has been Java development. I assumed this was understood. I initially spoke with someone on phone and sent a resume. I interviewed onsite early the next week. I met with four engineers in all. I was asked about PHP, Agile development, SQL/database questions as well as OO and framework/methodology questions. It was clear at the end of the interview I did not posess the experience they were looking for with PHP. My friend thought this would not be a problem but I never receieved an offer and went with another job. Mildly dissapointing but I got the impression I would not like working there. There seemed to be some internal infighting among the sw development team. My friend pretty much confirmed as much.

Interview Questions

Worked for Balfour? Contribute to the Community!