Balihoo

Balihoo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

Customer Success Digital Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Balihoo.

I applied online and they contacted me via email to ask for a phone interview with in the next two days. We spoke about my previous position and what skills I could bring to the company. After the phone interview they contacted me to ask for an in-person interview. We met in a conference room and had a light conversation about my experience and tools that I have used in my previous work. We talked about what they would expect from me if they extend an offer. I was offered a tour of the beautiful office and learned about some of the great perks to working with Balihoo. Later that week they contacted me again via email asking to come in to speak with the CEO and more staff members. They were really nice and open about what they were looking for. They answered all of my questions and kept me informed with when they will get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • How much experience have you had with different marketing tools or automation?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Balihoo.

Long and thorough interview process. One portion involved being questioned by potential peers, some of which were not especially gifted at hiding their dislike of me as a person/engineer. However, the CTO, CEO, and most of the engineers who interviewed me were very friendly. While I am a talented developer who went on to find work in the field at another organization, I felt like I was turned down based on a small clique of existing employees who kinda just didn't like me.

That said, the process itself was fine.

Interview Questions
    • Random questions straight out of programming/CS text books to which I would never need to know the answer from memory on the job (Google would have it for me in 5 seconds). Experience and problem solving abilities should speak for themselves, not mundane computer science quizzes.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Balihoo in August 2012.

Culture here is great, and that's one of the things they are usually quite choosy about. Hiring process is handled well by the HR department. All department managers run things differently, but tests can be expected especially for technical/engineer positions.

Interview Questions
    I accepted without negotiation.

Management Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Balihoo in May 2012.

The process was quick and organized. I spoke with the recruiter and hiring manager over the phone. They then flew me out to meet with the exec team - a lunch and round of interviews. The CEO speaks with every final candidate - which shows his commitment to hiring well.

Interview Questions
    • I found their interviewing approach very interesting - instead of grilling me on my background and experience, the team mostly left the interview open for me to ask questions. Goes to show a candidate's knowledge and interest in the company and role.   Answer Question
    Open and collaborative - the hiring manager wanted to know what was important to me in terms of comp and benefits. They are working on improving their benefits as a recruiting tool and support system to employees, so it was key for them to know what was important during the hiring phase.