Ball Aerospace

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Senior Test Engineer
Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ball Aerospace.

Interview Details – Multiple interviewers, several disciplines, and HR. Time required was about 1/2 a day and it was not the worst experience. Very spotty questions from the interviewers and some seemed unprepared but everyone seemed satisfied with their jobs and day-to-day experiences with the company.

Interview Question – Some technical questions but all involved my industry experience.

HR expected a "written" minimum salary so do your research and do not be afraid to ask for what you are worth.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, HR has a lot of power over the functional managers concerning salary and benefits.

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Broomfield, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ball Aerospace in July 2013.

Interview Details – Good company. Looking for competency in field and connection with the company. It would be beneficial if you already knew someone who worked there.

Interview Question – No surprises   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ball Aerospace in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had a delightful experience in the interview process. I interviewed with four people, serially. The people all seemed very warm and down to earth. The questions were behaviorally based and fair. The office seemed a little out of date. The benefits were great and the location outstanding. I would interview for other positions with this company.

Interview Question – How will you establish credibility with internal clients?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Developer I Interview

Applications Developer I

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ball Aerospace in May 2011.

Interview Details – very long process, I was in the short list after the 1st interview for 4th months. 2 phone interviews and 1 onsite interview

Interview Question – none. I was a perfect match for the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – a lot of waiting, I did have a second offer that help things moving at the end

Structural Engineering Intern Interview

Structural Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ball Aerospace in February 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out questionnaire online and submitted resume. Fairly straightforward phone interview took about 45 minutes. Asked about resume and basic behavioral questions, few questions about specific experience, more questions on how you might respond to a general situation. Was also asked to rank other internship positions I had applied for within the company.

Interview Question – What would you like to change about your work habits?   Answer Question

Research Engineer - Test Interview

Research Engineer - Test

The process took a day - interviewed at Ball Aerospace in March 2012.

Interview Details – I took a phone interview and found out a few days later that they wanted to bring me down on site to Albuquerque for a full interview. They covered airfare, rental car and hotel expenses and were very helpful in terms of communication and answering any pre-interview questions I had. I spent one night in the hotel and interviewed the next day.

The interview itself was an 8 hour marathon starting at 8:00 AM running until 4:00 PM, but I liked it like that. I had time to perfect my pitch after the first couple of interviewers and by the time I was talking to the hiring manager I was able to really sell myself. It also included a lunch trip during which time they are looking to see your social side and how you act in a less professional environment. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical, but most of the time it flowed naturally as a conversation between engineers.

Everyone was very nice and I liked the area, but there was only one position available and I was slightly underqualified (which I knew going into the interview). The offer ended up going to someone else with the possibility of further consideration for me based on contract contingencies in the future.

Interview Question – Technical questions about the exact nature of the position.   View Answer

Technician Interview

Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ball Aerospace in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in April 2011. Ball changed over their Career website on May 1, 2011. The new website is a real can of worms. To their credit Ball is making improvements to the website. I believe my application was lost in the system; old or new, I'm not sure.

Finally in speaking with the hiring manager he asked me about my experience and technical questions related to the field. They were interested in my experience and we corresponded via e-mail and by phone. An interview was set up where I met with an HR person, the immediate supervisor and a senior tech, a senior engineer and junior engineer, then with the hiring manager.

The interview was very interactive. They asked quite a few technical questions of me and one or two "how would you handle this situation," (dealing with pushy people) or "how would you do this" type of questions. They asked questions about shift work and overtime. I asked them questions during the interview and afterwards, via e-mail. I also got a brief tour of the facility.

The people were down to earth and trying to assess my experience and capabilities; no games. They have work to be done and need experienced people to do it.

Interview Question – Due to the nature of the work I'll decline to answer. I will say this, nothing difficult or unexpected, though.   Answer Question

Technical Intern II Interview

Technical Intern II

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ball Aerospace in June 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an E-mail to setup a phone interview. The interview itself was smooth, and the hiring manager was very nice. The interview was about 30 minutes with about 5 or 6 typical interview questions. There were no technical questions though.

Interview Question – Describe the situation where you have disagreement with your colleague and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ball Aerospace in January 2008.

Interview Details – Behaviorial Interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Ball Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!