Ball Corporation

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Ball Corporation.

Interview Details – I applied in December and didn't hear back until February. Phone interview first with the 1 director and 5 managers. Each asked 2-3 questions and I could tell they knew my resume. Questions were behavioral in nature. No surprises. They appreciated the questions I asked.

After the phone interview, a couple weeks later they called me in for an in-person interview with the VP of the department. I was local but they would've covered travel expenses if I wasn't. This interview was more of a conversation. Essentially the VP just wanted to sign off on the hiring decision. All in all, an easy interview process.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you used data to make a business decision and describe your decision-making process.   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager
Weirton, WV

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ball Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a talent acquisition specialist. She asked me general screening questions. I was then contacted by someone in HR to set up a video phone conference interview. They did not have any locations near me so I had to travel 2.5 hours (5 hours round trip) to the video conference location to do the first interview. I asked if it was possible for me to Skype from home and they said no, I had to go through their 3rd party phone conference company. In the email it said I would be meeting with 2 HR people and the plant manager. It was only the two HR people.

After that interview I was again contacted and asked if I would do a second video conference (with another 5 hour round trip drive). I agreed and received a call back within the hour of my completed second video interview that they would like to fly me out for an on site interview. We scheduled it for a week in the future. A few days before I was to fly out the corporate HR lady called and said the plant manager was unavailable for the interview date we had already confirmed (they had even already booked the flight and hotel). We scheduled the interview for two weeks in future which I found odd as they were so eager to get the on site interview scheduled ASAP the first time.

Once again I was contacted a few days before I was to fly out only to hear that they had revisited the job posting and modified it to be for someone with much more experience than I had. They felt they wanted someone at much more senior level than they initially thought but that they were very interested in me for a supervisory role.

I reviewed the new posting for the supervisory role and called the HR lady and left a message. I was not able to get a hold of her till a few days before when I was to be flying out. She informed me that they had decided to hire an internal candidate that had applied at the last minuet.

I had to take 2 vacation days from my current job and drive 10 hours to do the interviews and they treated me with the utmost amount disrespect and unprofessionalism. Candidates beware.

Interview Question – Very standard questions. Biggest weakness, greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Planner
Bristol, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ball Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple group interviews. I met with two different groups and questioned very thoroughly. They were very attentive and give me plenty of time to answer. They were the average questions that have been asked at most of my most recent interviews. I was treated with respect at all times and felt like I was getting a fair interview. After the group sessions I met with the HR manager as well.

Interview Question – Tell us about you current daily routine.   Answer Question

Pressman/Coater Operator Interview

Pressman/Coater Operator
Elgin, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ball Corporation in May 2009.

Interview Details – I knew a employee that worked there, it helped that I had 13 years printing experience before that helped me get the job, At first I had a phone interview then I had an appointment with the litho director which described the job duties and what was expected
of my job performance.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was can you work third shift????? which I never expected to get asked that question cause I never worked that shift before in my life lol   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Broomfield, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Ball Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details – I have been interviewing at numerous companies in the Denver/Boulder area over the past few weeks and Ball was one of the most unprofessional companies I worked with. I found a job on Lew's list (an email distribution with accounting and finance jobs) and was called in for an interview within a few days of applying. The interview went quite well. They had me interview with a panel of three people, including the hiring manager, the temporary manager, and the corporate recruiter. They went through the position and then asked me questions about my background. They also asked SAR (situation, action, result) type questions, but they were very simplistic. At the end of the interview the hiring manager said she thought I had a great background and her only concern was I would get bored with the work because I had done many of the tasks assigned to the role.

I did not hear back from Ball for about a week and a half. I had to call the corporate recruiter to get any sort of feedback. She explained that they were still interviewing and would get back to me. Less than a week later the job was posted a SECOND time on Lew's list looking for more candidates. At this point I heard nothing from them in regards to no longer being considered. I called the recruiter and asked if this meant I was no longer being considered. She explained that they were just expanding their search and really had very little to say as I think she realized it's unprofessional to have people come in for an interview and repost a job without first communicating their disqualification. At that time she said I was still being considered. It has been almost two months since my initial interview and I have not heard back from Ball. I have not attempted to contact them and have accepted a position elsewhere.

I have no issues with rejection, but feel the way Ball handled their interview process was very unprofessional. If someone comes in to the office and spends over an hour interviewing a formal rejection (any sort of communication!) is expected.

Interview Question – Be prepared for SAR (situation, action, result) type questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Intern Interview

Graduate Intern
Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ball Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details – I connected with HR through an inside contact. Then I had a couple of screening interviews with HR Recruiter to see where I could fit in their Internship program. After a couple of days, they informed me that they would fly me to Colorado for on-site interviews. It was around Spring Break so we easily coordinated a time for the trip.

On that day, I had four 1:1 interviews separated by an on-site lunch with an Internship Recruiter. Each interview took one hour, 2 with HR and 2 with hiring managers. Overall, people are very friendly and informative. Questions asked were behavioral and were about my experience. After the interviews, they told me they would contact me soon. I got the offer after one week.

Interview Question – I told the financial manager that I did a case write-up in my Accounting class about AT&T so he asked "Why AT&T changed how they account their pension plans?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They informed me about the offer and officially sent it a couple of hours later.

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ball Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was over the phone with the hiring manager. This went very well and hiring manager indicated there may be a potential fit with multiple openings, if not for the position that was applied for. I indicated openness to finding the right fit.

In-person interview was scheduled about three weeks later. It was a behavioral-based group interview that lasted about 90 minutes. Interviewed with hiring manager, three peers of the position and one internal customer. Things seemed to go quite well. I never heard back. There was no further communication at all. Not an email. Not a phone call.

Interview Question – Tell us about a situation where you delivered a solution that changed the way people in your company did their jobs.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ball Corporation in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 5 people, one from out of country. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and each person took a turn asking questions and then documenting my answers. The interview was very congenial. I would suggest that anyone interviewing with any company, anywhere, do as much research about the company as possible. Don't just know history about the company, be aware of what they are currently working on. This was the "one that got away".

Interview Question – Give an example of how you have created and rolled out an affirmative action plan.   View Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer

The process took a day - interviewed at Ball Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was with an HR rep and the hiring manager for the position. Discussed day-to-day duties of previous positions held. First part of interview was answering questions about myself and my previous jobs. Second part of interview were behavioral type questions with specific examples of how you handled specific situations in your past.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you negotiated the price on something in your previous job.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ball Corporation in April 2009.

Interview Details – Muliple managers at interview. I was being evaluated for the job I applied for but was only being looked for a position another manager had that wasn't posted yet.

Interview Question – What don't you like or is difficult for you in the workplace?   Answer Question

Worked for Ball Corporation? Contribute to the Community!