Ball Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Broomfield, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Ball Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details – I have been interviewing at numerous companies in the Denver/Boulder area over the past few weeks and Ball was one of the most unprofessional companies I worked with. I found a job on Lew's list (an email distribution with accounting and finance jobs) and was called in for an interview within a few days of applying. The interview went quite well. They had me interview with a panel of three people, including the hiring manager, the temporary manager, and the corporate recruiter. They went through the position and then asked me questions about my background. They also asked SAR (situation, action, result) type questions, but they were very simplistic. At the end of the interview the hiring manager said she thought I had a great background and her only concern was I would get bored with the work because I had done many of the tasks assigned to the role.

I did not hear back from Ball for about a week and a half. I had to call the corporate recruiter to get any sort of feedback. She explained that they were still interviewing and would get back to me. Less than a week later the job was posted a SECOND time on Lew's list looking for more candidates. At this point I heard nothing from them in regards to no longer being considered. I called the recruiter and asked if this meant I was no longer being considered. She explained that they were just expanding their search and really had very little to say as I think she realized it's unprofessional to have people come in for an interview and repost a job without first communicating their disqualification. At that time she said I was still being considered. It has been almost two months since my initial interview and I have not heard back from Ball. I have not attempted to contact them and have accepted a position elsewhere.

I have no issues with rejection, but feel the way Ball handled their interview process was very unprofessional. If someone comes in to the office and spends over an hour interviewing a formal rejection (any sort of communication!) is expected.

Interview Question – Be prepared for SAR (situation, action, result) type questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Ball Corporation? Contribute to the Community!