Ball State

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ball State.

Interview Details – The interview was basically to have you come in and schedule, most locations rather laid back. Positions for students are for a wide range of jobs from food prep to serving, or even cleaning. Shifts are short and rather easy. Job is easy to get because it has a high turn over rate and honestly I think this is because the general population of Ball State students are spoiled and this is their first job... For people who have survived jobs like retail, this is very very easy, to get and to keep.

Interview Question – No questions   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Ball State.

Interview Details – submit application and transcript. it was a simple process overall, very none stressful

Interview Question – none, really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Library Assistant Interview

Library Assistant
Muncie, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ball State in June 2013.

Interview Details – Get paper from the career center, call number on paper, submit application, bring class schedule, expect phone call back to schedule, news within the week.

Interview Question – What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation really...

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Muncie, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ball State in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two people, during which I expressed why I wanted to work in their department, shared my background, and explained how well of a fit I would be, and they agreed!

Interview Question – How will your experiences translate to the use of the Banner system?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Assistant Director of Admissions

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ball State in August 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring/interview process here is rather easy, really. You'll be asked a lot of generic questions, like "do you prefer to work alone or on a team." Answers will be obvious, like, "I enjoy both."

You'll interview with the Director, then with the support staff, then with the professional staff (who will be your peers in the job). For the professional staff, you'll be required to give a 10-minute presentation with the topic, "Why you should choose Ball State." Focus on the big points, like Immersive Learning, academics, facilities, athletics.

Interview Question – "Why should we not hire you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay did not seem negotiable. Play hardball because you'll definitely be underpaid in this position.

Director, Contracts and Grants Interview

Director, Contracts and Grants

I applied through other source and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Ball State in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was the usual for a university--a committee, but the person to whom the position reported said that he would be the one making the decision. He was quite nice and I liked him. He did have adequate training for his job but, as was usual at that location, he had not worked anyplace else--did his undergraduate and graduate training there.

Negotiation Details – Very simple. "Think about it and let us know what salary you would like". I called later and gave the salary. Two weeks later I received a call that the salary was accepted, though higher than they had expected to pay.

Granduate Assistant Interview

Granduate Assistant

Interviewed at Ball State

Interview Details – Phone interview and then face to face interview with the director

Interview Question – Why do I plan to do with an MBA?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The payment was a stipend, which was non-negotiable.

Worked for Ball State? Contribute to the Community!