Ball State Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.7

Student Worker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ball State.

The interview was basically to have you come in and schedule, most locations rather laid back. Positions for students are for a wide range of jobs from food prep to serving, or even cleaning. Shifts are short and rather easy. Job is easy to get because it has a high turn over rate and honestly I think this is because the general population of Ball State students are spoiled and this is their first job... For people who have survived jobs like retail, this is very very easy, to get and to keep.

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ball State.

submit application and transcript. it was a simple process overall, very none stressful

no negotiation

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ball State in June 2013.

Get paper from the career center, call number on paper, submit application, bring class schedule, expect phone call back to schedule, news within the week.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation really...

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Ball State in July 2012.

I was interviewed by two people, during which I expressed why I wanted to work in their department, shared my background, and explained how well of a fit I would be, and they agreed!

Interview Questions
    • How will your experiences translate to the use of the Banner system?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ball State in August 2011.

The hiring/interview process here is rather easy, really. You'll be asked a lot of generic questions, like "do you prefer to work alone or on a team." Answers will be obvious, like, "I enjoy both."

You'll interview with the Director, then with the support staff, then with the professional staff (who will be your peers in the job). For the professional staff, you'll be required to give a 10-minute presentation with the topic, "Why you should choose Ball State." Focus on the big points, like Immersive Learning, academics, facilities, athletics.

Interview Questions
    Pay did not seem negotiable. Play hardball because you'll definitely be underpaid in this position.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

I applied online - interviewed at Ball State in May 2011.

Just be yourself, Belieive in yourself and trust in your abilities. It is a great job. I thought I already wrote 30 words so here you go. Ok that was not enough so heres some more.

Director, Contracts and Grants Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Ball State in October 2009.

Interviewing process was the usual for a university--a committee, but the person to whom the position reported said that he would be the one making the decision. He was quite nice and I liked him. He did have adequate training for his job but, as was usual at that location, he had not worked anyplace else--did his undergraduate and graduate training there.

Very simple. "Think about it and let us know what salary you would like". I called later and gave the salary. Two weeks later I received a call that the salary was accepted, though higher than they had expected to pay.

Granduate Assistant Interview

Phone interview and then face to face interview with the director

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The payment was a stipend, which was non-negotiable.

Worked for Ball State? Contribute to the Community!