Ball State University Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.6

Lead Computer Systems Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ball State University.

Interview

Started out as a personal interview about myself and interests and turned to a more technical side about my degree, knowledge of specific systems, experience with software and hardware and where I want to end up eventually after I have achieved my degree. I was then introduced to the existing technicians and given an overview of job responsibilities and what we are responsible for.

Interview Questions

• Port is showing low link level. What may be the issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a job immediately

Ra Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN).

Interview

The interview process consisted of three meetings. I met with a panel of Ball State leaders that assessed my qualifications in the first round. Each round I met with new individuals, but it was never intimidating. The atmosphere of these interviews were relaxed and friendly. For me that is what made is less intimidating, and more exciting.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to difficult situations? Can you give an example?   Answer Question

Peer Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process for this particular job was very laid back. Since it's mostly a student position, the questions are focused on your personality and qualities you will bring to the job. This job is looking for students who loves to promoting the Ball State Career Center and being personable to students across campus.

Interview Questions

Interview

You will be interviewed by seniors and maybe some junior who have been working in the department for some time. They will ask you questions about your technology background and anything that relates to desktop support.

Interview Questions

• Depending on the students and Administrative Coordinator that interview you they will ask you questions about your tech background and how well you work with others.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ball State University.

Interview

The interview was basically to have you come in and schedule, most locations rather laid back. Positions for students are for a wide range of jobs from food prep to serving, or even cleaning. Shifts are short and rather easy. Job is easy to get because it has a high turn over rate and honestly I think this is because the general population of Ball State students are spoiled and this is their first job... For people who have survived jobs like retail, this is very very easy, to get and to keep.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ball State University.

Interview

submit application and transcript. it was a simple process overall, very none stressful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

Get paper from the career center, call number on paper, submit application, bring class schedule, expect phone call back to schedule, news within the week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation really...

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people, during which I expressed why I wanted to work in their department, shared my background, and explained how well of a fit I would be, and they agreed!

Interview Questions

• How will your experiences translate to the use of the Banner system?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ball State University in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring/interview process here is rather easy, really. You'll be asked a lot of generic questions, like "do you prefer to work alone or on a team." Answers will be obvious, like, "I enjoy both." You'll interview with the Director, then with the support staff, then with the professional staff (who will be your peers in the job). For the professional staff, you'll be required to give a 10-minute presentation with the topic, "Why you should choose Ball State." Focus on the big points, like Immersive Learning, academics, facilities, athletics.

Interview Questions

• "Why should we not hire you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay did not seem negotiable. Play hardball because you'll definitely be underpaid in this position.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ball State University (Muncie, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

Just be yourself, Belieive in yourself and trust in your abilities. It is a great job. I thought I already wrote 30 words so here you go. Ok that was not enough so heres some more.