Bally Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bally Technologies in January 2015.

one day process : 1. written round- technical - C++ (prepare for all the concepts like const, vectors, function pointers, virtual, polymorphism)
    2. Technical interview - basic oops concepts with example, and they will give problem for which we need to write the program. and also they will ask about your project details)
    3.Managerial/ technical- not attended
    4.HR-not attended

Interview Questions
    • written includes objective with very deep C++ concepts and to predict the outputs of given programs..
      const,STL,vectors,

Manual Tester Interview

First Telephonic interview;next Written which includes manual,automation,SQL,unix,Logical;next Director round which includes technical questions about Manual testing.In that i have asked by the below posted question.Kindly provide your valuable views to that question.

Interview Questions
    • You are New to the city,You don't have any Gadgets,you have only address on paper piece.You are almost nearer to your destination, You have asked one man and he replied saying "Go straight and take Right(Dead End)".After moving some distance you have asked another person and he replied saying "Go straight and take Left (Dead End).And finally question here is As a tester which path you can choose and why?   Answer Question

Associate Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bally Technologies in February 2011.

Initially had a written which covered C quesyions. It had few progrmming questions also.Had two technical and one HR round. Had a round with team manager where he asked few programming questions regarding malloc. He also asked questions from the written test with the answers I had provided. After this round, based upon performance, had a round with director where he tested basic C knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about basic c, pointers, arrays and few data structure qquestions   View Answer
    Not much

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bally Technologies in March 2015.

it was a good experience, had written test and interview , all are simple and easy question.
    written test of objective type in the field of QA,SQL,UNIX & AUTOMATION and some descriptive questions based on sql and Analytics.
    after completing the written test next round in technical round.

Interview Questions
    • questions related project handled and some questions related puzzles   Answer Question

Game Dev Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bally Technologies.

Met the company HR at the university career fair. The interview process was pretty straightforward. One call from HR for a sanity check before they give you a date an engineer would call you.

Interview Questions
    • Given one assignment to code. Was very simple, make a basic card/deck game in C++. Nothing beyond classes required. Was given 5 days to make the game from scratch and submit it.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

interviewed at Bally Technologies in July 2010.

First they took telephonic interview, then called me for in person interview. It was more like a formality. Just asked few questions on my past experience. Few basic questions on .net technologies.They reverted back very quickly on offer.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about past experience, few basic .net questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bally Technologies.

1st round written , 2nd round technical, 3rd round managerial technical, 4th HR round , 5th Director round.

Written includes - .NET Basics , ASP.NET Basics , WCF Basics , Threading , SQL queries
    Technical rounds are based on the same concepts asked in written.
    Manager , HR and Director and just for name sake.

Interview Questions
    • No difficulties in clearing interview.
      Threading , Database and WCF concepts is sufficient.

Examples Questions : Write a program to create deadlock, Synchronization mechanisms, Binding and end point,SQL Joins

Answer Question
    • Technical Managerial round.
      I was asked write UML diagram for a banking system.
      Manager was only interested prove me wrong and he is a master, he kept on arguing class diagrams and relations i had drawn was wrong. I Knew where it would go if i debate. I just said manager he was right and i was wrong.
      Idiot was pleased after i told him he was right and he hired me :)

Answer Question
    Can Negotiate, i asked for revising offer which they did after a round of discussion.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bally Technologies in September 2014.

1. Phone discussion by HR.
    2. Programming test.
    3. Panel interview with HR, Mgr and Lead (tech + behaviour).

Content:
    Expect technical questions, sample programs etc.
    Typical behavioral questions.

Some cold vibes
    During the interview: I asked what platform/technology you use for the product which was snubbed aside saying its "confidential"..(expected at least a kind response that its proprietary/requires NDA)

Called up after interview (first business day after long weekend) and HR was already acting like they did not know me!! The final response after all the process was just a copy paste response "your application has been unsuccessful..." on the e-mail and unreachable for any further feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Weird question:
      Asked a couple of times during interview whether planning to settle down at job location permanently since they have to spend their efforts on you..(??)

View Answer

Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bally Technologies in June 2010.

Three panel interview. I asked vrs acctg questions, culture of dept, experience of collectors who were part of the interviewing process. Instant rapport with hiring manager. hiring offer came within days

Software Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bally Technologies.

1. Technical written 2. Tech interview 3 Discussion with Director.4. HR discussion.
    It was not so difficult and not so easy. Prepare for application level programming. Once I got selected there is no contact for 20 days and then suddenly they sent me offer.Also note that the CTC includes considerable amount as variable pay.

Interview Questions
    • I have attended for C++. They asked design patterns, All oops concepts, Some bit wise operations, and few thread concepts   Answer Question