Bally Total Fitness

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

General Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bally Total Fitness.

Interview Details – I was promoted from Sales Manager position through a two-tier interview, first with the District Manager, and then with the Area VP. Since we all worked together closely, it was nothing more than a friendly conversation about the understanding of the role of General Manager and the expectations of the company.

Interview Question – Again, it was a friendly conversation with my superiors whom I came to know closely with the most unorthodox question being, "What would your mom tell me about your personal deficiencies in the workplace?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary and bonus structure were pre-set and no negotiations were possible.

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bally Total Fitness.

Interview Details – Went in asked to become a personal trainer, took a couple days to speak to the fitness manager, but eventually i got in. i told him i really wanted to start the job he said he can get me started without having a certification, he told me to come in the next day and look for him i did. i was working out and he approached me and asked me a few questions, i got hired on the spot he said he does not do that for alot of people

Interview Question – Why do you want to become a personal trainer?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer

Interviewed at Bally Total Fitness

Interview Details – I was called in initially for an interview at the main office (not the gym) with the district manager. The guy was energetic and liked talking about the company. Talked a lot about starting from the very bottom of the food chain and now being a district manager. The interview seemed to be more about him than the company it self. Second round I met with the personal training manager basic questions about weight lifting an cardio. Two weeks later I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite Athlete   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bally Total Fitness in December 2010.

Interview Details – I can see why they keep going bankrupt. I drove quite a ways to visit their hq and met a very nice but since departed hr person. Supposedly, the VP of Marketing was unavailable to interview me after my hour drive there, but may have had time to walk past me in the lobby as I waited. I can't say for sure it was the personI was to interview with.

I was told I would be brought back for another interview. It never happened as suddenly there was another candidate who already interviewed (unknown to me) that got the job. Don't promise something and then not deliver on it.

Interview Question – Will you relocate to Chicago?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Cleveland, OH

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Bally Total Fitness in January 2010.

Interview Details – took over 6 months to get the positon

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Detroit, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bally Total Fitness in October 2008.

Interview Details – The process was simple. Applied in person then received a phone call for an interview. 1 on 1 interview. Basic interview questions.

Interview Question – Why Bally Total Fitness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Fitness Coach Interview

Fitness Coach
South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bally Total Fitness in December 2009.

Interview Details – They covered sales ability and commitment to reaching goal. They will also ask you about your personal history and achievements and what makes you stand out compared to the other applicants. They will make you collect names and numbers from gym members as a test of your ability which has the largest influence on weather or not you get the job.

Interview Questions

Personal Trainer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bally Total Fitness in May 2011.

Interview Details – We spoke about my college education in relation to the position, the scale for pay with the different levels of trainers, and working to build a clientele.

Interview Question – Have you worked in a position where you had to build your clientele/business?   Answer Question

Pwersonal Trainer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bally Total Fitness in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a good practice, friendly environment with good guidance but the pressure starts after you take the job offer

Interview Question – Are you certified?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bally Total Fitness in January 2010.

Interview Details – Quick

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Availability

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bally Total Fitness

Worked for Bally Total Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bally Total Fitness interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bally Total Fitness employees and interview candidates.