Bally Total Fitness Interview Questions

2.1

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Met with Personal trainer manager, really knew his stuff, asked me what 3 peice of equipment i would use if i could only have three, asked me about carbs, fats, protein and how they are used within the body. How to sell PT packages to clients

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bally Total Fitness (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was promoted from Sales Manager position through a two-tier interview, first with the District Manager, and then with the Area VP. Since we all worked together closely, it was nothing more than a friendly conversation about the understanding of the role of General Manager and the expectations of the company.

Interview Questions

• Again, it was a friendly conversation with my superiors whom I came to know closely with the most unorthodox question being, "What would your mom tell me about your personal deficiencies in the workplace?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary and bonus structure were pre-set and no negotiations were possible.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bally Total Fitness.

Interview

Went in asked to become a personal trainer, took a couple days to speak to the fitness manager, but eventually i got in. i told him i really wanted to start the job he said he can get me started without having a certification, he told me to come in the next day and look for him i did. i was working out and he approached me and asked me a few questions, i got hired on the spot he said he does not do that for alot of people

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

I was called in initially for an interview at the main office (not the gym) with the district manager. The guy was energetic and liked talking about the company. Talked a lot about starting from the very bottom of the food chain and now being a district manager. The interview seemed to be more about him than the company it self. Second round I met with the personal training manager basic questions about weight lifting an cardio. Two weeks later I was offered the job.

Personal Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Sent my resume , got email for an interview 20 mins later. I went to meet a district manager, he asked my why should they hire me , what would i do to benefit the company , am i CPR certified, how will you sale our products

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just explained that you can make a lot of money if you sold a lot of personal training pakages

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bally Total Fitness (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I can see why they keep going bankrupt. I drove quite a ways to visit their hq and met a very nice but since departed hr person. Supposedly, the VP of Marketing was unavailable to interview me after my hour drive there, but may have had time to walk past me in the lobby as I waited. I can't say for sure it was the personI was to interview with.

I was told I would be brought back for another interview. It never happened as suddenly there was another candidate who already interviewed (unknown to me) that got the job. Don't promise something and then not deliver on it.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bally Total Fitness (Cleveland, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

took over 6 months to get the positon

Negotiation

not much negotiation

Fitness Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bally Total Fitness (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

They covered sales ability and commitment to reaching goal. They will also ask you about your personal history and achievements and what makes you stand out compared to the other applicants. They will make you collect names and numbers from gym members as a test of your ability which has the largest influence on weather or not you get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bally Total Fitness (Detroit, MI) in October 2008.

Interview

The process was simple. Applied in person then received a phone call for an interview. 1 on 1 interview. Basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bally Total Fitness in May 2011.

Interview

We spoke about my college education in relation to the position, the scale for pay with the different levels of trainers, and working to build a clientele.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a position where you had to build your clientele/business?   Answer Question