Bally Total Fitness Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.1

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Fitness manager was pleasant. He reviewed my resume and hired me on the spot. He didn't ask a lot of questions since the position is mostly commission-based. You have to sell training in order to make money there.

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Met with Personal trainer manager, really knew his stuff, asked me what 3 peice of equipment i would use if i could only have three, asked me about carbs, fats, protein and how they are used within the body. How to sell PT packages to clients

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was promoted from Sales Manager position through a two-tier interview, first with the District Manager, and then with the Area VP. Since we all worked together closely, it was nothing more than a friendly conversation about the understanding of the role of General Manager and the expectations of the company.

Interview Questions

• Again, it was a friendly conversation with my superiors whom I came to know closely with the most unorthodox question being, "What would your mom tell me about your personal deficiencies in the workplace?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary and bonus structure were pre-set and no negotiations were possible.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness.

Interview

Went in asked to become a personal trainer, took a couple days to speak to the fitness manager, but eventually i got in. i told him i really wanted to start the job he said he can get me started without having a certification, he told me to come in the next day and look for him i did. i was working out and he approached me and asked me a few questions, i got hired on the spot he said he does not do that for alot of people

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

I was called in initially for an interview at the main office (not the gym) with the district manager. The guy was energetic and liked talking about the company. Talked a lot about starting from the very bottom of the food chain and now being a district manager. The interview seemed to be more about him than the company it self. Second round I met with the personal training manager basic questions about weight lifting an cardio. Two weeks later I was offered the job.

Personal Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Sent my resume , got email for an interview 20 mins later. I went to meet a district manager, he asked my why should they hire me , what would i do to benefit the company , am i CPR certified, how will you sale our products

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just explained that you can make a lot of money if you sold a lot of personal training pakages

Kids Club Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (New Haven, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

You go in and they ask you questions about why you want to work at their gym and what you hope to gain and learn from working in that gym.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no help in kids club, had you watch over 20 children by myself and parents never made appointments to take their children to kids club and didn't pick them up before their two hours were up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was referred to the hiring manager by a friend of mine who was at the time a working personal trainer. The interview was rather simple and consisted of a conversation asking about my experience and how it translates to being a trainer. Follow up questions were scenarios that demonstrated how I would handle different clientele with different fitness needs. The interview seemed to be more so of a feeling out of the type of person I was as personal training is heavily built upon interpersonal relationships and skills.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I can see why they keep going bankrupt. I drove quite a ways to visit their hq and met a very nice but since departed hr person. Supposedly, the VP of Marketing was unavailable to interview me after my hour drive there, but may have had time to walk past me in the lobby as I waited. I can't say for sure it was the personI was to interview with. I was told I would be brought back for another interview. It never happened as suddenly there was another candidate who already interviewed (unknown to me) that got the job. Don't promise something and then not deliver on it.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bally Total Fitness (Cleveland, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

took over 6 months to get the positon

Negotiation

not much negotiation