Baltimore City Public School System

Unclaimed Profile

Baltimore City Public School System Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.6

Interview

Never interview anywhere other than at the school. That way you can see the environment before working there. I made that mistake and ended up at the worst school possible with very little security.

Interview Questions

• Explain your teaching technique for a child with a learning disability.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System.

Interview

Submitted resume to city schools and was interviewed by school principal and department head. Principal ask questions related to experience and classroom procedures. Department head ask questions about inclusion classrooms and differentiated instruction.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope with students who refuse to follow city/school policy and refuse class room learning procedures.   Answer Question

Network Liaison Interview

Interview

Was recruited for the job by a partnership company that I worked for. I did one interview and a background check. The process was not difficult, they seem to hiring several people that are already connected to the school system. This can be seen as a pro or a con, it is definitely a place in which "knowing" the right person will get you the job. In some cases it seems that can trump ability (not in my case, but with some co-workers)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Interview

They will hire you if you have passion and diligence to work in rough places . Bring in any relevevant experience with students and families. Also expect low mentorship in the beginning , you must learn as you go along

Interview Questions

• Please be able to think outside of the box. Being a teacher you must think fast and under pressure very often. The job is one of those of many hats.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Basically, there was a panel interview of 4 employees and many of them were writing down the answers to the questions given. After the interview, I had never received any call back or email on whether anyone was hired for the position or not. After a while, I started to contact the HR department but never heard anything back from them or the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

informal and rushed and desperate and they were very vague about the details for the school culture and about how they handled students who violated tier I and Tier II rules and procedures. Vague answers about extra curricular activities and didn't explain the severity of the low test scores and how the majority of students (90%+) could not read --and or were reading 3 and 4 grade levels behind. Also, they did not explain that there was not an effective reading intervention process in place -- that I would have to create that on my own...and that once you were hired- you were trapped regardless of incompatibility issues with that particular school. Also, that nearly 80% of the teachers hired for my position had resigned because the conditions were so bad -- with management playing favoritism, micro managing and notifying us of serious deadlines sometimes only on or two days prior to the deadline.

Interview Questions

• overall they asked vague questions -- nothing about my background --seemed like just wanted to get warm body in front of the classroom --did i deal with misbehavior?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System.

Interview

For this position, the hiring process consisted of a phone interview, a performance task, 2 panel interviews, and reference checks, all over the course of three months. The length of time between each step ranged from 1-3 weeks. While the interviewers were nice, I felt as if it was a waste of my time, because the hiring manager decided not to hire me because I didn't have enough experience in a particular area. I'd have rather found this out earlier vs wasting three months of my time participating in tasks, interviews, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a team of leaders such as the principal, assistant principal, IT chair, and team leaders. I had to perform a demonstration lesson for the subject of my choice. I choose Literacy and did well. The hiring team asked several questions and gave me several scenarios for me to tell how I would handle each scenario. The interview went well and I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• What strategies and techniques do you use daily to manage behavior in the classroom?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process went relatively quick, management was very candid about the details of the role and expectations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was submitted at the rate I negotiated.

Special Assistance Interview

Interview

Apply online; interview with a panel, and multiple one-on-one interviews with directors and potential colleagues

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when the goals for a project shifted - how did you approach and what was the outcome.   Answer Question