Baltimore City Public School System

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.8

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Baltimore City Public School System.

Interview

Submitted resume to city schools and was interviewed by school principal and department head. Principal ask questions related to experience and classroom procedures. Department head ask questions about inclusion classrooms and differentiated instruction.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope with students who refuse to follow city/school policy and refuse class room learning procedures.   Answer Question

Network Liaison Interview

Interview

Was recruited for the job by a partnership company that I worked for. I did one interview and a background check. The process was not difficult, they seem to hiring several people that are already connected to the school system. This can be seen as a pro or a con, it is definitely a place in which "knowing" the right person will get you the job. In some cases it seems that can trump ability (not in my case, but with some co-workers)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Interview

They will hire you if you have passion and diligence to work in rough places . Bring in any relevevant experience with students and families. Also expect low mentorship in the beginning , you must learn as you go along

Interview Questions

• Please be able to think outside of the box. Being a teacher you must think fast and under pressure very often. The job is one of those of many hats.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Systems Administrator I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Basically, there was a panel interview of 4 employees and many of them were writing down the answers to the questions given. After the interview, I had never received any call back or email on whether anyone was hired for the position or not. After a while, I started to contact the HR department but never heard anything back from them or the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Human Capital Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baltimore City Public School System.

Interview

For this position, the hiring process consisted of a phone interview, a performance task, 2 panel interviews, and reference checks, all over the course of three months. The length of time between each step ranged from 1-3 weeks. While the interviewers were nice, I felt as if it was a waste of my time, because the hiring manager decided not to hire me because I didn't have enough experience in a particular area. I'd have rather found this out earlier vs wasting three months of my time participating in tasks, interviews, etc.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process went relatively quick, management was very candid about the details of the role and expectations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was submitted at the rate I negotiated.

Special Assistance Interview

Interview

Apply online; interview with a panel, and multiple one-on-one interviews with directors and potential colleagues

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when the goals for a project shifted - how did you approach and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baltimore City Public School System (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They contacted me almost immediately after I applied to set up an interview. They held first round and second round interviews and then made a decision.

Secondary Math Teacher Interview

Interview

I was placed in Baltimore as a secondary math teacher via Teach For America. I got my specific job placement at the summer hiring fair. The interview process was fairly quick. The then-principal explained what the philosophy of the brand new school was, and after a small handful of questions, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is you philosophy of education?   1 Answer

Secondary Math Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Baltimore City Public School System in April 2013.

Interview

I was hired through a program similar to Teach For America. It is called the Baltimore Teachers Residency. It is a good deal for someone who is looking to get certified in public education while earning a full salary. There are a couple of rounds of interviews, but these are not the most competitive. The first round is a written application, with 3 references as well as a whole bunch of legal documents for working with children. The second round is a phone interview. The third round is an on-site interview. I interviewed with 2 cities and was not accepted. Then, I was accepted to a third city, because they offered me a phone interview and after I told them I could not travel for another on-site interview, they accepted me off of the results of my phone interview. Make sure that you are curt and tough in your interview. This is about the only thing that they will look for in the interview. Many people who start teaching do not make it through the summer training, because they are not expecting teaching to be so physically draining. Most people quit after 1 year, even more quit after 2 years.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if students were taking out their cell phones in class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Every teacher is offered a salary based off of their salary step.