Baltimore City Public School System

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process went relatively quick, management was very candid about the details of the role and expectations.

Interview Question – Most difficult situation as a manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was submitted at the rate I negotiated.

Production Assistant Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System.

Interview Details – They contacted me almost immediately after I applied to set up an interview. They held first round and second round interviews and then made a decision.

Interview Question – What is your editing style?   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Special Education Teacher
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System in June 2011.

Interview Details – The process was rather straightforward. Interviewees had to deliver a sample lesson plan that lasted anywhere from 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, the panel of interviewers ask a series of question based off of you lesson. Following this, the leadership staff of the school will brief you on what the culture and climate is for the particular school and will ask how you might handle a number of hypothetical situations. It was pretty simple.

Interview Question – How would you manage classroom behaviors knowing that our school does not believe in detention or suspensions? How will you manage to control your class?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

High School Teacher Interview

High School Teacher
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired based on my affiliation with the Teach for America organization. The principal wanted to know what I would do with students after school and what kind of clubs I would be willing to create. The interview also involved asking me a lot of questions about navigating relationships with other school personnel and staff. They want to know that you understand authority and who is in charge. Finally, it is important to understand that you are trying to work in an urban school that has a lot of students with difficult home lives. If you realize this gap and how it is going to effect your teaching you will be just fine.

Interview Question – I was asked, what kind of hobbies or interests do you have that will help you to be successful in your professional work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negation phase and I was told to accept the first offer I was given. This includes salary.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Special Education Teacher
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System in June 2008.

Interview Details – find a school and interview with the principal, that way they can request your name through HR, otherwise you will never get a phone call. Make sure you are certified otherwise you could get an offer but if you do not meet highly qualified status they will place you as a surplus.

Interview Question – there really arent, they just need A BODY in the classroom   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there's none,, the first year they will try to keep you happy, but after that they will take advantage of your generosity

Very Easy Interview

Teacher, Secondary School Interview

Teacher, Secondary School
Baltimore, MD

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System in July 2010.

Interview Details – I enjoyed the interview for the job. Wished they had given further details. The interviewer was well composed and nice. I seemed under-qualified for the position due to my lack of current certification to teach, so the position was not offered to me, understandably so I suppose.

Interview Questions

Staff Specialist Communications Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baltimore City Public School System in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted with strictly via email and asked to make the trip to interview for the position within a week. I felt really positive about the interview with the person I had been in contact with only via email and she invited me to come back the next day to meet with her boss. However, due to his busy schedule, the interview was cancelled about 3-4 hours in advance of the meeting. Instead of interview 2, I was asked to complete two assignments over the weekend. I heard about 2 weeks later that they were moving forward with the other 2 candidates. Although it required a lot of work, it has helped me prepare for subsequent interviews.

Interview Question – Assignment 1 - Based on the information provided in our interview, what did I see as the top 10 priorities, in order from highest to lowest, for the department.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Baltimore City Public School System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baltimore City Public School System interview questions and advice in Maryland. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baltimore City Public School System employees and interview candidates.