Baltimore Gas and Electric Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baltimore Gas and Electric

Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baltimore Gas and Electric.

The interview is set up such that you have an engineer and an HR consultant in front of you. You are mainly asked behavioral questions as you usually learn on the job. Being an intern gives you an edge in the decision making to hire you as a full time employee.

Interview Questions
    • As the questions where behavioral. There really was not a hard question.   Answer Question

Director Level Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baltimore Gas and Electric in June 2010.

A straightforward interview process. Combination of panel and one on ones. Each interviewer had a pre-prepared list of questions to ask. They were straightforward: strengths, give me an example of, difficult situations, successes, etc. You should do a little reseach on current happenings so you can incorporate that into the conversations, they seemed to like it when those were incorporated. The business casual atmosphere creates a laid back atmosphere. Senior level (VP) managers were in skirts or jackets/ties. The culture seemed a little confusing, a combination of conservative, regulated utility and a desire to be a progressive company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the environmental backlash against tree cutting?   View Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Baltimore Gas and Electric.

I was promoted into the Human resources Consultant role from a Principle Administrative Assistant. At the time I was working under the direction of a great HR Director. We're were talking during my one on one session and I was asked where I'd like to see my career go. That's when I mentioned my love for Recruiting. It's a wondering blessing to work for a leader that believes in you.

Interview Questions
    The hiring process went smoothly. Maybe because I was already an internal employee.

Mobile Web Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baltimore Gas and Electric in November 2012.

Initial communication was through a placement agency that BGE utilizes. This led to a phone interview with the hiring manager once he reviewed my resume. The next step was an in person interview with the hiring manager and another team member. The hiring manager was looking to make a decision in two days time. Several weeks passed and there was no feedback from the hiring manager at BGE or the placement agency, despite several email messages and phone messages. (I gave up after that point.)

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was related to web services. I was asked a hypothetical question on how I would likely approach a programming problem. (I cannot recall the specifics.) The challenge was that it was a case where there were many ways to go about it, some better than others, but several options would have been appropriate. They were looking for specific things in the answer.   Answer Question