Baltimore Gas and Electric

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Baltimore Gas and Electric.

Interview Details – The interview is set up such that you have an engineer and an HR consultant in front of you. You are mainly asked behavioral questions as you usually learn on the job. Being an intern gives you an edge in the decision making to hire you as a full time employee.

Interview Question – As the questions where behavioral. There really was not a hard question.   Answer Question

Director Level Management Interview

Director Level Management
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Baltimore Gas and Electric in June 2010.

Interview Details – A straightforward interview process. Combination of panel and one on ones. Each interviewer had a pre-prepared list of questions to ask. They were straightforward: strengths, give me an example of, difficult situations, successes, etc. You should do a little reseach on current happenings so you can incorporate that into the conversations, they seemed to like it when those were incorporated. The business casual atmosphere creates a laid back atmosphere. Senior level (VP) managers were in skirts or jackets/ties. The culture seemed a little confusing, a combination of conservative, regulated utility and a desire to be a progressive company.

Interview Question – How would you handle the environmental backlash against tree cutting?   View Answer

Mobile Web Developer Interview

Mobile Web Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baltimore Gas and Electric in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication was through a placement agency that BGE utilizes. This led to a phone interview with the hiring manager once he reviewed my resume. The next step was an in person interview with the hiring manager and another team member. The hiring manager was looking to make a decision in two days time. Several weeks passed and there was no feedback from the hiring manager at BGE or the placement agency, despite several email messages and phone messages. (I gave up after that point.)

Interview Question – The most challenging question was related to web services. I was asked a hypothetical question on how I would likely approach a programming problem. (I cannot recall the specifics.) The challenge was that it was a case where there were many ways to go about it, some better than others, but several options would have been appropriate. They were looking for specific things in the answer.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Baltimore Gas and Electric.

Interview Details – I was promoted into the Human resources Consultant role from a Principle Administrative Assistant. At the time I was working under the direction of a great HR Director. We're were talking during my one on one session and I was asked where I'd like to see my career go. That's when I mentioned my love for Recruiting. It's a wondering blessing to work for a leader that believes in you.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hiring process went smoothly. Maybe because I was already an internal employee.

Worked for Baltimore Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!