Baltimore Sun Media Group

Updated May 15, 2014
Updated May 15, 2014

2.5

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group.

Professional. Interviewed with many colleagues. Very laid back interview process. Extensive process meeting with internal clients and colleagues. They asked the very typical interview questions. Nothing really about my skills or aptitude.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do 5 years from now.   View Answer
    Simple.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group in June 2012.

Easy interview process. They can't find people that want to work for them.

Co-Op Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group in December 2010.

Interview consisted of a phone interview, an interview with an employee not directly related to the position, who then called me back for a 1:1 interview with direct supervisor, then that person's direct supervisor (who would have a say in the hiring decision as well), then a short personality test. Offer was communicated less than four days after the final interview; offer letter was received via UPS overnight. Very straightforward, but challenging interview process.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group in March 2010.

I interviewed with the HR manager, then the team leader, then two vice presidents. Months of follow up, during the end of year holidays, on my part, did not produce instant feedback and an offer as I thought it would. Process was just too long and drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • How would you perform this job if you started tomorrow?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group in January 2010.

In-person interview with 2 managers then a 2nd interview with the Director. Job offer was given then a pre employment drug test was taken. I don't believe they do that anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Very relaxed interview with no cliche' questions. More of a conversation.   Answer Question

Media Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baltimore Sun Media Group in April 2011.

Phone call, and 2 in person interviews. The office is clean, and You get a parking pass- which is great for stuff downtown. The sales manager and general sales manager interviewed me. They were personable but promised me things that were beyond their power. The sales team of 50 were stand-offish in the begining- but with such a high turnover for staff, the ones that were making good money felt secure and were friendly.

Interview Questions
    No... I was told it was the only compensation option available. Later I found out they lied.