Banana Republic Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter about a week later to set up a date for a phone interview. The recruiter called on time and was very professional and kind. She filled me in on the job position and asked me a few questions about my background. After a successful phone interview she then set up an 1:1 interview between the store manager and I. At the 1:1 the SM gave me more information on the position as well as her career at BR and the history of the store. After the interview she introduced me to other managers on the building and she even had me do some observations on the sales floor. She told me that she will be in contact with the recruiter and she would let me know what the next steps would be if there were to be any. A few days later i hear from the recruiter again and she informs me that my 1:1 went well and I will then have a final phone interview with the district manager. The interview with the DM was an amazing experience he asked a lot about my background and really focused on why I wanted to work for BR. A few days later i got a call from the recruiter offering me the position pending a successful background check. If you interview with banana republic i suggest brushing up on your interview skills, and be prepared to talk in depth about what you can bring to BR as well as display a passion for the company. A little bit of research on the company goes a long way.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and was initially contacted by a recruiter and went through a phone screen, set up with a GM interview, interviewed with the DM, and they made a decision from there. The process took about 2 1/2 weeks, just because I am already working full time and needed to find the time to meet with the GM and would miss phone calls from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions really, just make sure you prep yourself just like you would for any interview. The questions are pretty standard.   Answer Question

I declined because the pay was only $0.50 difference from what I was making and the volume of the store was 3x as much as where I was already working. There was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Sevierville, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

Well I applied online for the position and received an e-mail from the recruiter wanting to know if I would be interested in scheduling a phone interview with her. Of course I said yes, given the fact I was looking for employment. We set it up for the following Wednesday at 11 am. When that day and time came, I hadn't gotten any phone call. I waited 10 minutes because I wasn't sure if she was running behind schedule with other phone interviews, and then decided to call her. She didn't answer so I left her a message to call me back, and still haven't heard from her since. It is quite apparent that they desperately need more qualified and professional individuals working for their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Leesburg, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was very personal and behavorial. What did I expect from the company, what did I have to offer, how would I handle situations, how would I balance workload and customer service while leading a team. I felt very much at ease and relaxed. The interviewer not only ensured that I was what the company needed but that I would be set up for sucess.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about where our company is taking our Brand?   Answer Question
    • What role do you play in enforcing policy you don't neccessarily agree with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Boston, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

It wasn't difficult but it was long and you go through several different people for multiple interviews.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2009.

Interview

Started with an HR recruiter, she asked the standard interview questions. It took about an hour. She then told me about a few opportunities and set me up with the department manager. The Department Manager interviewed me, again about an hour, standard questions - why do you want the position, tell me about your experience, etc. Finally I interviewed with the District Manager who again, didn't ask anything too crazy.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion advice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, they asked what I made previously and offered me more than that.