Banana Republic Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic.

I applied online and was initially contacted by a recruiter and went through a phone screen, set up with a GM interview, interviewed with the DM, and they made a decision from there. The process took about 2 1/2 weeks, just because I am already working full time and needed to find the time to meet with the GM and would miss phone calls from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions really, just make sure you prep yourself just like you would for any interview. The questions are pretty standard.   Answer Question

I declined because the pay was only $0.50 difference from what I was making and the volume of the store was 3x as much as where I was already working. There was no room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sevierville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sevierville, TN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Banana Republic in July 2013.

Well I applied online for the position and received an e-mail from the recruiter wanting to know if I would be interested in scheduling a phone interview with her. Of course I said yes, given the fact I was looking for employment. We set it up for the following Wednesday at 11 am. When that day and time came, I hadn't gotten any phone call. I waited 10 minutes because I wasn't sure if she was running behind schedule with other phone interviews, and then decided to call her. She didn't answer so I left her a message to call me back, and still haven't heard from her since. It is quite apparent that they desperately need more qualified and professional individuals working for their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2012.

It was very personal and behavorial. What did I expect from the company, what did I have to offer, how would I handle situations, how would I balance workload and customer service while leading a team. I felt very much at ease and relaxed. The interviewer not only ensured that I was what the company needed but that I would be set up for sucess.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about where our company is taking our Brand?   Answer Question
    • What role do you play in enforcing policy you don't neccessarily agree with?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2011.

It wasn't difficult but it was long and you go through several different people for multiple interviews.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2009.

Started with an HR recruiter, she asked the standard interview questions. It took about an hour. She then told me about a few opportunities and set me up with the department manager.
    The Department Manager interviewed me, again about an hour, standard questions - why do you want the position, tell me about your experience, etc.
    Finally I interviewed with the District Manager who again, didn't ask anything too crazy.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really negotiate, they asked what I made previously and offered me more than that.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!