Banana Republic

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Braintree, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, Got a call on Monday, Interviewed in person the following Thursday and got hired the next Monday.

Interview Question – What are your feelings about the Gap brand?   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out a lengthy online application evaluating your knowledge of retail operations and loss prevention in a quiz style fashion.
If selected, have a one on one interview involving questions about why you want to work there, what your strengths are, and how you have developed a base of fashion knowledge. The interview includes a tour of the sales floor and a brief test of fashion. You are required to select an outfit for a specific scenario given to you by your interviewer as a way of judging your abilities.

Interview Question – The need to pick out an outfit. I was woefully unaware of this portion of the interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me an hourly rate that I could accept or not.

Customer Experience Lead Interview

Customer Experience Lead
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in April 2012.

Interview Details – Promoted within the company. Definitely bring to plate measurable work performance; i.e. what you have contributed to a team that lead to success. Being able to influence store sales through KPI's (Key Performance Indicators).

Interview Question – Not really any particular question but in general being able to have a positive outlook.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Always check salaries on Glassdoor and ask for more as you will be talked down.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2011.

Interview Details – It wasn't difficult but it was long and you go through several different people for multiple interviews.

Interview Question – It's casual conversation. Overly scripted   Answer Question

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2012.

Interview Details – I only had 1 interview which I had gotten after a week of the original application entry. They asked basic questions, but also had this role playing where you try to convince/help the hiring manager pick a outfit for his/her date later that night.

Interview Question – Who or what do you get your fashion/style from?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in November 2009.

Interview Details – I went in and asked for holiday/part time work from the copley mall store. they gave me an app and got me an interview right away. I did a group interview first. the manager was nice and professional- it seemed organized. i got a call two days later that they wanted me to come in for the second interview- which is the one before they hire you. I learned that saturdays are madatory and that after 80 days they decide if they will make you part time from holiday work. The discount is great and people are nice. I am looking forward to starting work soon

Interview Question – when was the last time you had to resolve a conflict and all questions were to be answred 'briefly'   Answer Question

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!