Banana Republic

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in May 2011.

Interview Details – I attended a group interview and everyone went around the circle and answered the same questions. Then there were questions where someone could raise their hand and answer first. We also watched a video and discussed it afterward. This showed the management if people were quick thinkers, had previous retail experience and if they were shy or not.

Interview Question – I expected all of the questions because all retail interviews are basically the same, especially when its for a cashier position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, not really. Even with regards to the many years of experience I had, I was still offered the minimum rate.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online on a monday and got called in for a group interview a few days later for the following Monday, when i came in for the interview they had some others waiting aside to be called..a girl and a guy came out to greet us and took us to the farmers market area so we could all sit and start the group interview..they were very nice they only asked basic questions and let everyone answer them...try to be one of the first ones to answer the questions and be very clear about your customer service and sales experience thats what they are looking for, also availability is very important. it only took about 15 min and they said they would do background checks and that they would call us back by friday. i thought the interview went great but my background check took too long. oh well it was an ok experiance.

Interview Questions

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2008.

Interview Details – got a call from manager and interview was basically going over my resume.

Interview Question – tell me about your accomplishment from previous job   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview Details – Applied online and in store. Took a process of two weeks, met with the leading HR manager, and had a follow up interview with the General Manager.

Interview Question – There was nothing in particular that was difficult. I was asked what my weakest points were, what my experience in sales was and how I would be able to manage work with school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase since this was my first retail job.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2008.

Interview Details – what is successs
 describe a time where you multitask ed

Interview Question – Who is your favorite designer and why   Answer Question

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!