Banana Republic

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview Details – 1st Interview - GM of store
2nd Interview - DM phone interview
3rd Interview - GM of store again

Interview Question – Be ready for a bunch of hypothetical questions that you will not know the answer to without knowing company policy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered far less than I expected. I mentioned this, and after a background check and the GM discussing it with the DM, they offered me $0.50 more. It's still less than what I want, but they will bend a little bit.

Customer Experience Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Banana Republic in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was already a part of Gap Inc so the interview process was different for me. I was able to contact managers at stores with open positions via email and tell them about myself.
With BR I contacted a recruiter and she did an initial interview.
I interviewed with the DM and an unsuspecting store manager who didn't realize I was interviewing for a position at her store.

Interview Question – Name a time when you have failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the money that I asked for. I was sent an offer through email and had to accept it.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in January 2011.

Interview Details – There was an available position that I interviewed for. The interview was extensive and thorough, but an opportunity to showcase my skill set. I never met the general manager prior to our interview but she was informative, very careful with her questions regarding business, teamwork and confronting others.

Brentwood, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2009.

Interview Details – I had to interview with both the District Manager as well as the manager of the store before being offered a job. The store manager was first and then I came back another day to speak with the district manager.

Interview Question – What do you bring to this store that is unique to you that sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, I was not able to negotiate as they were not accepting to negotiate.

Customer Experience Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2011.

Interview Details – Situational questions. Previous experience. Customer focus. Management style.The woman I interviewed with was not very friendly and left me with a bad impression of how it would be to work in her location.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset about a policy change?   View Answer
  • Describe a time you had to motivate an employee.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay was very low based on my experience and the fact that I had spent 10 years working for the company.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Banana Republic in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from the US for a 20 minute phone interview with basic questions. Then I was invited to the store for a 2:1 interview where I met two store managers, this lasted for 1 hour. It was a very positive interview with behavioural questions but also general discussion about our industry. Finally I had an interview with the district manager. After this I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I declined the initial offer because it didn't meet my salary expectations. A couple of weeks later I was called and offered the position again with a higher salary, and I accepted.

Customer Experience Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with Regional HR director. Behavior based interview questions along with salary expectations.

Secondary phone screen with Regional GM. Behavior based interview questions.

Final face-to-face interview with store GM.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you were faced with a difficult/upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic in May 2008.

Interview Details – it was an internal promotion for me.

Interview Question – all questions were easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!