Banana Republic

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.2

Brand Ambassador Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Mine was a 1 v. 1 interview. Typical corporate, retail interview questions. Lasts about 30 minutes. In my area they are so desperate for people that it does not take much to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    It is retail, so none.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Applied online. Received an email to RSVP interview within a week. Group interview was informal. Management was very friendly. Received an offer within a week. Good experience overall.

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Went in for a one on one interview.
    I absolutely hated it from the time I walked in the people working were so uptight.
    The manager seemed like she was in a rush she was just asking question after question, she barely smiled and just seemed so cold.
    Asked me to sell her a credit card afree learning the benefits.
    Took me out on the men's sales floor to different sections and asked me to tell her what they were and too sell. Which being a 20 yr old girl working for female retail I didn't know much about.
    All in all the interview seemed like more of an interagation and she seemed too scold me if I didn't answer correctly.
    I don't really care if I get a call back because I want to enjoy what I do and all of them seemed miserable.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top 5 key peices to a men's closet.   View Answer
    • What would your manager say about you if I called?   View Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

I did not want to work at a place that everyone seemed miserable and the boss so rigid.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Group interview, very easy and asked some questions about my background. The interviewer was very nice and courteous to all the people in the interview. The process was very short and simple and to the point. They described the entire process over the phone and that's exactly how it went.

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic.

They want details on how you got to the your answers. Really big on process questions. Give examples on how you made and impact thru your analysis. And again, detailed answers.

Interview Questions
    • Efficiency improvements and troubleshooting capability examples from your current or previous roles.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

It was a job fair hiring event. We met the Store Manager at check in then he put in different groups of 4 - 5 each with 2 other employees as interviewers. They didn't ask anything challenging at all. Very simple interview all you had to do was be well dressed, and well spoken, no cultural, race, or body type discrimination.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Easy. Went to a table in the mall to chat with the manager. Asked very typical interview questions. Mostly asked about prior experience I had working in retail during the holiday seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical interview questions. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Was none.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic.

It was straight forward. It was a group interview with 3 other people. Basic interview questions were asked. Then we were given 20 minutes to pick out 2 outfits. One for an older customer, and one for a younger below 25 customer. Since I'm a male I was asked to pick out for a male customer. After that we presented our outfits and we're asked why we chose our picks. I highly suggest learning about the history of the company and its relationship with gap when it was bought out to make others lackluster in comparison. Also, the current key people, and the type of style found in banana. Dress like you belong there so definitely look at the banana republic website to get an idea.

Interview Questions
    • Top 3 qualitues?
      What I know about the company?
      A basic description of myself including school and hobbies?
      Why banana republic?

View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because I was planning for 10 an hr and was offered 11.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Received a call a week or so after submitting my application from their hiring manager. She set up an interview that week with me. I had one 15 minute interview, very standard questions for a retail interview nothing unexpected really. I was told at the end of the interview that my application would be accepted pending a background check. I was called five days later to be told that everything had come back fine and that if I was still interested, training would be that Saturday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic in December 2014.

I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule an interview on Tuesday. The interview was 1 on 1 and lasted about 25 minutes. The manager was very nice and urged me not to be nervous. He said he just wanted to have a casual conversation, get to know each other, and ask me questions that corporates make him ask all interview candidates. It was in a mall so we had the interview at a table by a coffee shop. He pretty much starts the interview by talking about the store, how many employees they have, etc. Since I had retail experience he asked me situational and behavioral questions. If you have retail and/or customer service experience the answers to these questions should come naturally.

They really want people who are positive and joyful. Make sure you show you are interested in what they are saying and chime in when they start to talk about the positives and accomplishments of the store, show interest. Remember all answers to the questions don't have to be work related answers, they can be related to school and life experiences too. After the interview he pretty much explained the goals of the employees, the pay, and what is expected of the position. He then said he would call if they decide to move forward with me. He had more people to interview.

BIG NOTE: Make sure you leave a good impression on the interviewer, be memorable because mine didn't take any notes or write anything down, and I've heard a lot of them do this at other stores. They jot down notes after the interview when you leave so you have to make sure you leave a good impression.

The next day (Wednesday) I received an email saying he would like to schedule a 15 minute phone interview for tomorrow. When he called it wasn't even an interview it was to tell me I got the job, confirm my availability, and that he was just waiting for the background check. Was a very positive experience.

The easiest questions he asked was
    Tell me about yourself.
    Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a team to accomplish something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you influenced someone's decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to speak to a stranger. How did you initiate the conversation?   Answer Question
    • What made you choose to work retail instead of other service areas like restaurants, theaters, a bank, etc?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. 8.50 for seasonal but if they decide to keep me on it will go to 10.00