Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Talked to them on the phone. Set up a meeting with the hiring manager was interviewed. Then I came back in to meet with the general manager and was interviewed by them. I was called a couple days later and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your style/fashion inspiration from? Why do you want to work at Banana Republic? What can you add to the team?   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2015.

Interview

went in and asked for the general manager. The GM quickly introduced herself and took me to the back office where the interview would be held. She gave background of her positions and the various duties I would be encharged of if I got the job. She also explained the dress code . She was extremely nice and provided a large amount of information.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2015.

Interview

You definitely want to stand out and show them you know about there company. Definitely include that you know how to sell company cards. I just came from my second interview and I think it went pretty well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They let you write down a number in the frist interview, I put min wage just to play it safem

Visual Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview was a group interview with three other candidates. The HR manager & store manager were present. They had about 5 other managers sit in the room with us. They asked questions back to back to see how well you think on your feet. The 2nd interview was more relaxed and free. It was with the store manager. She then offered me the job on the spot.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter about a week later to set up a date for a phone interview. The recruiter called on time and was very professional and kind. She filled me in on the job position and asked me a few questions about my background. After a successful phone interview she then set up an 1:1 interview between the store manager and I. At the 1:1 the SM gave me more information on the position as well as her career at BR and the history of the store. After the interview she introduced me to other managers on the building and she even had me do some observations on the sales floor. She told me that she will be in contact with the recruiter and she would let me know what the next steps would be if there were to be any. A few days later i hear from the recruiter again and she informs me that my 1:1 went well and I will then have a final phone interview with the district manager. The interview with the DM was an amazing experience he asked a lot about my background and really focused on why I wanted to work for BR. A few days later i got a call from the recruiter offering me the position pending a successful background check. If you interview with banana republic i suggest brushing up on your interview skills, and be prepared to talk in depth about what you can bring to BR as well as display a passion for the company. A little bit of research on the company goes a long way.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

The application was done online. I had to wait for a response to the online application. The process took three weeks from beginning to the on-boarding process. questions about previous customer experience and scenarios were asked, as well as potential what would you do situations.

Interview Questions

• ask about past work scenarios related to customer service. Plus on the spot fit session and outfit selection.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Really basic interview. Nothing exceptional. You go to a food court (which i think was to see how well you handle distractions) and they ask you a series of questions. Afterward, you go back to the store and they ask you to put together and outfit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very organized interview process. You are greeted by an HR manager and then escorted to each of the people you will interview with. They generally schedule 2-3 back-to-back reviews so you come in one or two times. It is very efficient and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Questions include why you want to leave your last role/company and to describe an experience or bullet that you've referenced on your resume.   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Nashua, NH).

Interview

Typical online application, had a few different sections but quick nonetheless. I got an interview less than a week later and got the job the next day. Even if they prefer experience it is more of what you could do to contribute to the company and peers, but most importantly the customers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied with an application in person for seasonal employment. I was called for an interview within the next week. We had a group interview where they asked us questions while sitting in a circle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more than minimum wage and receive the exact dollar amount I requested.