Banana Republic

Getting the Interview

289 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite short when I first applied I had an interview with the Loss Prevention manager and that's it . Now you have to have at least 3 interviews I with the L.P supervisor 1 with the L.P manager and 1 with the store manager.

Interview Question – They will ask you different scenario questions about shoplifting during the interview.   Answer Question

Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted quickly after for the interview and it was really easy, typical interview questions regarding work experience (I had none and still got hired), how you interact with others in the work place, etc. The interview was extremely easy for me and I just met with the GM of the store and she interviewed me. I found out i got the job the same day and started quickly.

Interview Question – None really too difficult, general interview questions to be honest   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got a phone call 5 days later asking to come in the store for a group interview. Interview was held the next day. When I arrived at the store, I was told to wait in the men's dept. Two other people were in the interview. I was interviewed by 2 women. I was the only female candidate. The two women were very nice and easy going. Made everything go smoother by saying "there are no wrong answers" (haha). All took turns going around table answering questions. Every two questions or so you should take initiative in answering the question first. Interview lasted about an hour. Was told that they had another set of interviews tomorrow, but we would go through a background check, and if that cleared and they liked us then we would hear from them. Got a call about 5 days later offering a position.

Interview Question – About 5-6 typical questions, but At the end, unexpectedly, the interviewer told us we had a ten minute activity to do. We had to go out on the floor and then approach them as if they were a customer, trying to get them to buy something or help with something.   View Answer

Braintree, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, Got a call on Monday, Interviewed in person the following Thursday and got hired the next Monday.

Interview Question – What are your feelings about the Gap brand?   View Answer

CEM Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2013.

Interview Details – Straightforward usual retail interview.

Interview Question – Nothing challenging. Just need to be able to speak to experience   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview, but depending on store, can be 1:1. Answered a few easy questions about customer service and that was it. Some stores have second interview to role play.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview Details – Main focus was on the ability to sell a credit card.

Interview Question – Where do you get your style inspiration from?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Brand Ambassador
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in December 2013.

Interview Details – Sat me down in the back office.

Tell me about yourself?

How have you dealt with an unruly customer?

Why do you want to to work at Banana republic?

How does your previous experience benefit the Banana Republic work place.

How have you displayed good customer service?

Have you ever failed to give good Customer Service? How did you fix the problem?

What is one of your most valued traits?

What is something negative about you?

Interview Question – How have you failed to give good Customer Service? Pause... waited for answer How did you fix the problem?

Had me try to put together a men's outfit with a clothing piece the manager chose.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for 10 dollars an hour. They offered me 9.00 with no other offers.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, and got a call a couple days later. Went in for my interview that week and after a couple days I was contacted about a job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you challenged yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate because it was a seasonal position. If I were to do it again I would definitely bargain some more because I know they will give you more. Not everyone starts at the same wage.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Brand Ambassador
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and they called me in for an interview. It was a very easy interview, and it seemed like they had already decided that they wanted me based on my resume. Not particularly stressful, and everybody was very friendly. They had me walk the floor quite a bit just to check out the merchandise and get a feel for the brand.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Banana Republic?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than Gap Inc's new minimum wage and I took it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Banana Republic

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Banana Republic interview questions and advice. All 289 interview reviews posted anonymously by Banana Republic employees and interview candidates.