Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.2

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

I applied online and got a call a couple days later asking to come in for a group interview. The interview was very casual and relaxed and the hiring manager was very friendly. She had us do a couple exercises selling products and folding clothes.

Interview Questions
    • What is a decision you had to make recently?
      Why Banana Republic?

Customer Experience Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Banana Republic.

I was a transfer from another store. First I had a phone Interview with GM, in person interview with another GM and in person interview with district mgr. The process was professional and took about 3 wks overall and all follow ups from employee were as promised.

Interview Questions
    • As a service leader how would you motivate your team during slow/down time?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Applied online and went in for interview, dressed up business professional, talked about my background, and duties of position. It was a relaxed atmosphere and the HR manager was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

I had applied a few times before but didn't get a call back until the last time i applied about three weeks later. Went in for the interview. the assistant manager was very nice. the process was not that long but not short either. She asked me basic questions about times that i have experienced certain situations and how i handled it. At the end of the interview she asked me to go to the floor and pick out an outfit that she would wear for a first date.

Interview Questions
    • When there was a problem how did you produce a resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

I brought in my resume in person. The manager looked it over, took down my availability, and told me to apply online. I was called 4 days later asking if I could come in for a group interview. I went to the group interview (there were 3 of us) and had a great time. The manager mostly wanted to get to know us, rather than ask us typical interview questions. The last portion of the interview was where we had to put together an outfit. We had to be able to describe the kind of woman that would wear this outfit, where she works, and where she is going while wearing this outfit.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Was a group interview. This surprised me as I was not told that it would be a group one, so I was slightly off guard. Basic questions. Laid back. Two parts: question component, and role-playing where manager pretended to be a customer and you had to help select an outfit.

Interview Questions
    • How did you hear about Banana Republic?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose to work at this store over any others?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were assigned a task/project with very little time to complete it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped someone.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the situation where it was really busy, and there were many customers looking for your help at the same time?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

I received a call about a week after applying online to come in for an interview. The Interview was intended to be a group interview between 3 of us, but I was the only one who showed up so it turned out to be one on one. It was fairly short, maybe about 20 minutes, and just standard Interview Questions such as tell me about yourself, why Banana Republic, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you get your style inspiration from?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

The process was super easy since it was a new store opening. I applied online, then I got an email telling me to call to schedule an interview. I had no idea it was a group interview but it made it more comfortable. they asked us a few questions and we answered one by one.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What would you bring to banana republic?
      2. Why should we hire you?
      3. Tell me about your passed work experience?
      4. How would you handle an angry customer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in February 2015.

It was super friendly. I had a preliminary interview with the person I assume to be the assistant manager, and then had a very nice casual interview with the hiring manager. Nothing about it made me feel pressured or unwelcome. It was one on one, and I was hired there on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the store?
      What gives you joy?
      What do you hope to get out of your experience working here?

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Mine was a 1 v. 1 interview. Typical corporate, retail interview questions. Lasts about 30 minutes. In my area they are so desperate for people that it does not take much to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    It is retail, so none.