Banana Republic Interview Questions

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

Applying online for Sales Associate Position 9/5. Received a call on 9/8 asking if I could come in for a group interview on 9/12 but I was out of town and couldn't make It. Was told I'd be called back 9/12 after group interviews to set up either a one on one or group interview. Was called 9/12 at 7pm to schedule interview for Sunday 9/14. Interview went awesome! Was told I'd hear from hiring manager by 9/15 by 5pm. Received a call at 3pm with job offer for 13.25 (I told them my expected salary was 13). The entire process was simple, quick, and everyone has been very nice so far. Was asked to come in 9/16 for Orientation, but I couldn't make it. So I will be attending orientation 9/24 and starting training the following day and will begin work on the following Monday. Very applicable and relevant questions were asked: Where do you see yourself in 3 years? What does customer service mean to you? Describe to me a time where you had to go above and beyond in a difficult situation in order to achieve amazing customer service. Where does your personal style come from? How do you keep up with fashion trends?

Interview Questions
    • Where does your personal style come from?   View Answer
    I was asked what my expected salary was in the interview and I said 13/hr but that I was possibly open for some flexibility. When I received the call and was extended a job offer, I was told that the usual starting pay was 10.50, but because of my experience and my eagerness to move up quickly with the company, they extended a 13.25/ hr offer to me.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2012.

I applied online and heard back from them a few weeks later over the phone that I had been accepted to do an interview. There were two interviews: a group interview and then if you got called back a one-on-one interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, but I wish I had. When they ask you how much you want to make, be sure to say $9.00/hour

Brand Ambassador Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Banana Republic.

I was contacted by the General Manager and we scheduled an interview for two weeks from our phone conversation. I showed up and everyone working was very friendly. The General Manager and I walked to a Starbucks nearby, where we sat down at a table and had a very comfortable but still formal interview. I was very impressed by her demeanor, which was very charismatic but professional. She asked me pretty well-expected interview questions for about 30 minutes and then said that they were very interested in hiring me. She told me they would have to run a background check on me but as soon as that was clear, they would call me in for orientation. She contacted me a few days later with the okay and I began orientation that week!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of when you think about Banana Republic?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

Process did not take that long. I applied online, got a call the next day. Went in for an interview the same day they called me, and the next day they called me back and offered me a position. I even had my orientation the same day, and the next day I was training. So far I like it, if they really serious the hiring process is fast. Which is good if you need a job and quick and dont want to wait weeks for an answer.

Interview Questions
    They are really good with negotiation, but it also depends on your experience. I asked them for $10 (have worked at 2 macys, a kohls, and at davids bridal) and when they offered me a job it was for $10 hr.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2011.

Only had one interview. I applied online and a few days later I recieved a call from the hiring manager at the time. Went in for an interview, and it lasted for about half an hour. Hiring manager said she would make up her mind by the beginning of the following week, but it took about a week and a half/2 weeks for her to get back to me, and she offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond in the workplace   Answer Question

Banana Republic, Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

I applied online and got a phone call two weeks later asking to schedule a group interview. Many time slots at the location I was applying at but the interview would take place at a mall not the town center where I applied.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2014.

I applied online and got a call 1 week later to schedule an interview. When I arrived at the store, the manager held the interview on the sales floor. Basic questions were asked- are you familiar with the brand, retail experience, how would I handle stressful situations in the store, etc. I was also asked to put together an outfit for the manager.

I received a job offer immediately following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to put together an outfit that can go from "business meeting" to "night out" easily. (Layering was encouraged.)   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Banana Republic Stock Supervisor Interview

Interviewed with a GM of another store. Asked leadership based questions. Asked questions regarding pass work experience and current work experience. Asked for me to provide many examples. Was an overall smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to demonstrate the ability to lead a team that was not functioning well?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2013.

Initially my interview was supposed to be a group interview, but the others did not show up. I interviewed with one of the managers and he definitely asked off the wall questions. We of course had the typical question of describe yourself and what was the best and worst customer service you have ever give/received.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to steal a stick of gum or a pair of jeans, which would you choose?   View Answer
    They are willing to negotiate, but Gap Inc starts all their employees pretty high so there wasn't really any need to.

Brand Ambassador Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2014.

Went for an interview for a sales associate and found out i was being interviewed for an ambassador position. No idea if there's any difference. I read from review here and was prepared to do a group interview. However, I went to the store and I was the only one. The hiring manager was nice and professional. Asked me a lot of situational questions about customer service, bad and good experience, etc. I was told that if i wait, they should call me. I received a call on the 5th day with an offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Would you go back to the store that you had a bad experience with if they give you a huge discount?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Was told upfront what the salary would be and that after 6 months, it would go up.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!