Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.2

Customer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

The application was done online. I had to wait for a response to the online application. The process took three weeks from beginning to the on-boarding process. questions about previous customer experience and scenarios were asked, as well as potential what would you do situations.

Interview Questions

• ask about past work scenarios related to customer service. Plus on the spot fit session and outfit selection.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Really basic interview. Nothing exceptional. You go to a food court (which i think was to see how well you handle distractions) and they ask you a series of questions. Afterward, you go back to the store and they ask you to put together and outfit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very organized interview process. You are greeted by an HR manager and then escorted to each of the people you will interview with. They generally schedule 2-3 back-to-back reviews so you come in one or two times. It is very efficient and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Questions include why you want to leave your last role/company and to describe an experience or bullet that you've referenced on your resume.   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Nashua, NH).

Interview

Typical online application, had a few different sections but quick nonetheless. I got an interview less than a week later and got the job the next day. Even if they prefer experience it is more of what you could do to contribute to the company and peers, but most importantly the customers.

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Interview

2 interviews- one with the recruiter and the other with the District manager. It was so long ago I dont remember all the details. I remember being hired within a week from the start of the process to the end of the precess.

Interview Questions

• All the regular retail manager interview questions- how do you drive sales, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was set up after I applied online and gave my resume to the store manager. Just a few days after I had my formal interview. The hiring manager was really nice and friendly and then he sent me to pick out an outfit. He was very helpful in answering my questions I had for the company and I was hired on the spot! It was a really great experience and I recommend for those who are in need of a first job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

He offered me 9.25 an hour and since it was my first job I took it immediately.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied with an application in person for seasonal employment. I was called for an interview within the next week. We had a group interview where they asked us questions while sitting in a circle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more than minimum wage and receive the exact dollar amount I requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the the GAP careers page on their website. I popped in to the location I was applying at and dropped of my resume in person. Struck up a relationship with the manager and got an interview within a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in application online; within 5 days got an email to interview. Interview was a group interview. The group was asked a question and each person had to give a response.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle and balance multiple tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just took salary they gave.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going and casual, and it was a one on one. The interviewer asked a few questions, such as describing myself and what times I was available, then did most of the talking herself. She explained things about the store and then that was it. She even said she didn't really need people at the moment, she just wanted to interview people for back up.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer