Banana Republic

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in February 2015.

It was super friendly. I had a preliminary interview with the person I assume to be the assistant manager, and then had a very nice casual interview with the hiring manager. Nothing about it made me feel pressured or unwelcome. It was one on one, and I was hired there on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the store?
      What gives you joy?
      What do you hope to get out of your experience working here?

Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Mine was a 1 v. 1 interview. Typical corporate, retail interview questions. Lasts about 30 minutes. In my area they are so desperate for people that it does not take much to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    It is retail, so none.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Applied online. Received an email to RSVP interview within a week. Group interview was informal. Management was very friendly. Received an offer within a week. Good experience overall.

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Went in for a one on one interview.
    I absolutely hated it from the time I walked in the people working were so uptight.
    The manager seemed like she was in a rush she was just asking question after question, she barely smiled and just seemed so cold.
    Asked me to sell her a credit card afree learning the benefits.
    Took me out on the men's sales floor to different sections and asked me to tell her what they were and too sell. Which being a 20 yr old girl working for female retail I didn't know much about.
    All in all the interview seemed like more of an interagation and she seemed too scold me if I didn't answer correctly.
    I don't really care if I get a call back because I want to enjoy what I do and all of them seemed miserable.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top 5 key peices to a men's closet.   View Answer
    • What would your manager say about you if I called?   View Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

I did not want to work at a place that everyone seemed miserable and the boss so rigid.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Group interview, very easy and asked some questions about my background. The interviewer was very nice and courteous to all the people in the interview. The process was very short and simple and to the point. They described the entire process over the phone and that's exactly how it went.

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic.

They want details on how you got to the your answers. Really big on process questions. Give examples on how you made and impact thru your analysis. And again, detailed answers.

Interview Questions
    • Efficiency improvements and troubleshooting capability examples from your current or previous roles.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

It was a job fair hiring event. We met the Store Manager at check in then he put in different groups of 4 - 5 each with 2 other employees as interviewers. They didn't ask anything challenging at all. Very simple interview all you had to do was be well dressed, and well spoken, no cultural, race, or body type discrimination.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Easy. Went to a table in the mall to chat with the manager. Asked very typical interview questions. Mostly asked about prior experience I had working in retail during the holiday seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical interview questions. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Was none.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in January 2015.

I applied online, and I heard back from a hiring manager about 1 week after I filled out the online app. No phone interview, but they did call me to meet with a manager for a group interview. Interview was pretty straightforward and nothing to extensive. Not too much pressure though since it's not 1 on 1. General interview questions consisting of what you know about the company and why you want to work there. If you get called for a group interview just be sure to be confident and speak up when no one else is. I was the first to give my answer out of us 5 interviewees, and I think that is what got me the position, honestly.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic.

It was straight forward. It was a group interview with 3 other people. Basic interview questions were asked. Then we were given 20 minutes to pick out 2 outfits. One for an older customer, and one for a younger below 25 customer. Since I'm a male I was asked to pick out for a male customer. After that we presented our outfits and we're asked why we chose our picks. I highly suggest learning about the history of the company and its relationship with gap when it was bought out to make others lackluster in comparison. Also, the current key people, and the type of style found in banana. Dress like you belong there so definitely look at the banana republic website to get an idea.

Interview Questions
    • Top 3 qualitues?
      What I know about the company?
      A basic description of myself including school and hobbies?
      Why banana republic?

View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because I was planning for 10 an hr and was offered 11.