Banana Republic Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Grapevine, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took 2 weeks they contacted me via mobile. Scheduled for an interview.I went earlier that day. It was a group interview, me along with five other people. I don't think it was a fair interview. He asked a couple of questions then gave us a situation, on the basis of that situation we had to choose outfit and other accessories.Then described it why we chose that outfit etc.interview took 45 mins

Interview Questions

• name one multitask you do?who's your inspiration? Whom do you follow for fashion? If you go to a party what will you do?when did you help other people? What is the best customer service you serve?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to RSVP interview within a week. Group interview was informal. Management was very friendly. Received an offer within a week. Good experience overall.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Marcos, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

We sat in the employee break area, and talked. We reviewed my work history. She asked me about my interests, about college, and my personality. We reviewed company policies, and she explained how the store works during holidays.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any standardized questions. We talked informally.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2014.

Interview

Received a call and asked me questions about my application. Asked about my hours and explained what i wanted and when i was available. Then asked if I could come in for an interview. The interview was ok but person was rude.

Interview Questions

pay too low and received a better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Vero Beach, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on a Thursday morning and later that day I got a call that afternoon from the manager to set up an interview. The following Tuesday I came to the store to meet with the manager. The interview itself was very quick. She let me know about the company and the kind of people she was looking for. We talked about availability and who I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult but the one that stood out was: What does Joy mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I wanted a certain rate but because it was seasonal that wasn't possible.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and relaxed interview. Group interview with two other candidates. Manager discussed the company values and the store itself. Was asked to talk about myself and asked "Why Banana Republoc?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary which is kind of upsetting considering the offer is pretty low. Beggars can't be choosers though.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

Interview

It does take some time to hear from them via online application, but I had a friend who was employed with the company and I called them quite often. I was placed in a group interview with two other candidates and two managers. It was a pretty casual process, we sat in the food court of the mall, and everyone was very relaxed/friendly. Essentially your run-of-the-mill interview process for retail.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways you stay up to date with fashion and trends?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2014.

Interview

1 interview. Awesome! Asked general questions and they were very nice. Wanted to know general experience and plans for the future. Had to act like I was greeting customers. Showed what questions I would ask. Showed potential to hold a conversation and had some interest in fashion.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 1 week later to schedule an interview. When I arrived at the store, the manager held the interview on the sales floor. Basic questions were asked- are you familiar with the brand, retail experience, how would I handle stressful situations in the store, etc. I was also asked to put together an outfit for the manager. I received a job offer immediately following the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to put together an outfit that can go from "business meeting" to "night out" easily. (Layering was encouraged.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and 2 days later received a phone call for an interview. Went in for a group interview with one manager and 3 other. The manager asked us to introduce ourselves and to tell her anything she wanted us to know about ourselves. Because this was a retail seasonal job, I told her I had 4 years of retail and holiday experience. Questions were normal questions that were geared towards past work experience, like "When was a time you went out of your way to help out someone at work?" However there were more general questions like "What was your biggest accomplishment?" We answered the same questions one by one and the process took almost an hour (but I had pretty talkative interviewees in my group). I was offered a position later that day.