Banana Republic

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

I applied online and received a call a month later to set up an interview for the next day. The interviewer was friendly and it was fairly straightforward. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and he said that I would hear back within 3 days.

Sales Support Associate Interview

I knew the hiring manager from a previous job and was hired after one formal interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

applied online.
    two interviews. Group interview and one on one

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Banana Republic.

must apply online thru Taleo. Interview with the Operations Manager, if you get past the "test" on taleo.

Interview Questions
    • Not really an intense interview, they only really every hire for part time seasonal sales positions   Answer Question
    there was none, I was hired on 15 years ago and the process is very different now. I have described how it is now, not then

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

I initially looked on the Gap careers website to see what openings were available in my area. I chose a location I wanted to apply to and filled out the application. Part of the application was a test to see if I paid attention to details and had good fashion sense. It involved picking the best articles to match an outfit or determining how many "mistakes" were on a table of merchandise that was sloppily arranged.

A week or so later I got a call from one of the managers inviting me in for an interview. I was working another job at the time (with plans of quitting) and they were very flexible in getting me in on one of my days off. They first asked a lot of really odd questions using language that the interviewer didn't seem very comfortable with (a lot of unnecessarily big words--as a writer I learned that it's best to use simple words when possible) and which sometimes caused me to have to ask for clarification.

I must have answered them correctly, because the next day I had a call asking me to come back and meet with the store manager. I gave up my other day off that week and had a much more informal chat where the manager basically indicated that I had the job (before actually telling me I had the job). We talked about my availability and all that jazz. And that was it.

They claimed they did a background check, but I don't think they did (my last background check took several weeks for some reason, even though there was nothing on it). They also said my references checked out, which was interesting because I didn't put any. I only put my employment history.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think that most people will think about stealing something if they know they might get away with it?   View Answer

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a few days later. I interviewed with the store manager. Pretty low key. She asked me about experience and if I enjoyed working with people.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember a necessarily difficult question. I think mostly she wanted to talk to me and see how I interacted with her.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

One interview before i got an offer, interview was brief.

Negotiate a good hourly rate

Sales Associate Interview

After submitting an online application you will be contacted for a brief phone interview if you appear to meet the base requirements for the position. During the phone call they will ask questions about previous work experience and availability. If you meet those needs they will schedule you for a face to face interview at the store. You may be required to speak with both the hiring manager as well as the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • What style resources do you pull from to guide your own personal style?   View Answer
    Was not really room for negotiation.

Assistant Manager of Production Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Initial communications about the specifics of the job and the expectations were good. Two Interviews, one phone and one in person. Was promoted from within, something that happens quite regularly as turnover is very high.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle being in charge of people you once were peers with?   Answer Question
    Always request more than they initially offer you.

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Phone Call. Group Interview with all behavioral questions.