Banana Republic Interview Questions

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sevierville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sevierville, TN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Banana Republic in July 2013.

Well I applied online for the position and received an e-mail from the recruiter wanting to know if I would be interested in scheduling a phone interview with her. Of course I said yes, given the fact I was looking for employment. We set it up for the following Wednesday at 11 am. When that day and time came, I hadn't gotten any phone call. I waited 10 minutes because I wasn't sure if she was running behind schedule with other phone interviews, and then decided to call her. She didn't answer so I left her a message to call me back, and still haven't heard from her since. It is quite apparent that they desperately need more qualified and professional individuals working for their company.

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Nothing special about the interview process, pretty standard

Sales Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Contacted through email after submitting resume. Came in for a roundtable interview where they asked open table questions to see who would respond and based off answers and outspokenness, chose who to call back for a second one on one interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Asked for hours and availability.

Sales Support Associate Interview

I knew the hiring manager from a previous job and was hired after one formal interview.

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a few days later. I interviewed with the store manager. Pretty low key. She asked me about experience and if I enjoyed working with people.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember a necessarily difficult question. I think mostly she wanted to talk to me and see how I interacted with her.   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Phone Call. Group Interview with all behavioral questions.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Banana Republic.

I entered the store and spoke with the Hiring Manager, I was told to come back after I sumbitted an application online to set up an interview. After completing the application online I was given a time for an interview. I came to the interview and was taken to the back room into the managerial office. I sat one on one with the hiring manager I spoke to only a few days before about the open position. The interview was more of a conversation as she asked about my interests, and what I went to school for. I was then asked my interest in Banana Republic and then further asked basic fashion questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you see someone stealing something, should you say something to the customer?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Banana Republic.

applied online.
    two interviews. Group interview and one on one

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Banana Republic.

must apply online thru Taleo. Interview with the Operations Manager, if you get past the "test" on taleo.

Interview Questions
    • Not really an intense interview, they only really every hire for part time seasonal sales positions   Answer Question
    there was none, I was hired on 15 years ago and the process is very different now. I have described how it is now, not then

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Banana Republic.

I applied online and received a call a month later to set up an interview for the next day. The interviewer was friendly and it was fairly straightforward. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and he said that I would hear back within 3 days.

Interview Questions

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!