Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was set up after I applied online and gave my resume to the store manager. Just a few days after I had my formal interview. The hiring manager was really nice and friendly and then he sent me to pick out an outfit. He was very helpful in answering my questions I had for the company and I was hired on the spot! It was a really great experience and I recommend for those who are in need of a first job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

He offered me 9.25 an hour and since it was my first job I took it immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the the GAP careers page on their website. I popped in to the location I was applying at and dropped of my resume in person. Struck up a relationship with the manager and got an interview within a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in application online; within 5 days got an email to interview. Interview was a group interview. The group was asked a question and each person had to give a response.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle and balance multiple tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just took salary they gave.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going and casual, and it was a one on one. The interviewer asked a few questions, such as describing myself and what times I was available, then did most of the talking herself. She explained things about the store and then that was it. She even said she didn't really need people at the moment, she just wanted to interview people for back up.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Pasadena, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a week later of being a part of a group interview. I replied back to confirm. There was a total of 5 people in the group interview. The interview was laid back and everyone got asked different questions. There was some dialog exercises for her to see how you can deal with customers. The key is to be as personal as possible and ask the customer questions. She also had as go out on the floor and pick out a gift for her mothers birthday. Before you go out on the floor be sure to speak up and ask questions on her like and dislikes, favorite color and preferred style. You have 2 minutes. You can't go wrong just pick more than one thing because they are all about up selling. Keep the gift to no more than 5 items.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at banana republic?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you experienced bad customer service ?   Answer Question
    • What is the first thing that pops into your mind when I say most important ?   Answer Question
    • What can you do to go over and beyond being a sales associate at banana republic ?   Answer Question

Banana Republic, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

got a call within 3-4 weeks. Hiring manager called for an interview the following week to go for an interview in the afternoon. After everything she told me to would call back next day to see if i got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yea, the minimum sales associate wage

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and they got in touch with me within a week. I did the interview on my own and it took about 20 minutes. It was quite easy and friendly - I think this was because the manager who was interviewing me was an easy-going person. A tip I would give is that they do seem to want you to be interested in fashion. I read fashion blogs and watch youtube clips on fashion so I knew the current fashion bloggers and could name some of them.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Interview

Simple and straight-forward questions. They asked me several questions about customer service and past experiences on providing service. Very easy-going environment and felt comfortable with the questions and the whole interview process.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up an interview. It was a group interview with five other individuals and the assistant manager. It was a very relaxed environment and she just asked us questions about ourselves and then we went to the floor to pick out an outfit for a special occasion. I received a call about a week later asking to work for them. Ps. I had no prior retail experience.

Retail Interview

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process. Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process. Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.