Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.2

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was actually fairly unique compared to interviews with other companies. Lots of personality-oriented questions dominated the majority of the interview session, which made me feel wanted as an employee. To my surprise, the manager was actually interested in my life outside of work, and we spent almost an hour talking about topics outside of the work place as well as their own experiences. As a result, I knew I had the job as soon as I left the interview site.

Interview Questions

• Who are some of your favorite fashion designers at the moment?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Interview

Was a group interview. This surprised me as I was not told that it would be a group one, so I was slightly off guard. Basic questions. Laid back. Two parts: question component, and role-playing where manager pretended to be a customer and you had to help select an outfit.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Banana Republic?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose to work at this store over any others?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were assigned a task/project with very little time to complete it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped someone.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the situation where it was really busy, and there were many customers looking for your help at the same time?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later asking to come in for a group interview. The interview was very casual and relaxed and the hiring manager was very friendly. She had us do a couple exercises selling products and folding clothes.

Interview Questions

• What is a decision you had to make recently? Why Banana Republic?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I was a transfer from another store. First I had a phone Interview with GM, in person interview with another GM and in person interview with district mgr. The process was professional and took about 3 wks overall and all follow ups from employee were as promised.

Interview Questions

• As a service leader how would you motivate your team during slow/down time?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

Applied online and went in for interview, dressed up business professional, talked about my background, and duties of position. It was a relaxed atmosphere and the HR manager was very friendly.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I brought in my resume in person. The manager looked it over, took down my availability, and told me to apply online. I was called 4 days later asking if I could come in for a group interview. I went to the group interview (there were 3 of us) and had a great time. The manager mostly wanted to get to know us, rather than ask us typical interview questions. The last portion of the interview was where we had to put together an outfit. We had to be able to describe the kind of woman that would wear this outfit, where she works, and where she is going while wearing this outfit.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Interview

I received a call about a week after applying online to come in for an interview. The Interview was intended to be a group interview between 3 of us, but I was the only one who showed up so it turned out to be one on one. It was fairly short, maybe about 20 minutes, and just standard Interview Questions such as tell me about yourself, why Banana Republic, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your style inspiration from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied a few times before but didn't get a call back until the last time i applied about three weeks later. Went in for the interview. the assistant manager was very nice. the process was not that long but not short either. She asked me basic questions about times that i have experienced certain situations and how i handled it. At the end of the interview she asked me to go to the floor and pick out an outfit that she would wear for a first date.

Interview Questions

• When there was a problem how did you produce a resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a Basic group interview. My group was four people and we sat down with the hiring manager. She asked us about our background, ideas about customer service, and fashion inspirations. Next I did a one on one interview with the HR manager. This was the real interview. It was about a half hour of scenario questions and experience/background questions. She also explained the job details. Process took about a week and a half total.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you started a conversation with a stranger?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed pay take it or leave it.

GapTech Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a response about one month later. After the initial response, the process was about two weeks long consisting of an initial phone interview and onsite interview lasting one hour. Communication was good and I was able to get any questions answered in a short amount of time. Response after the final round interview was only one day.

Interview Questions

• Resume-based. As a college student, a lot of questions were based on my major or classes and we brainstormed how they might be directly applicable to the job.   Answer Question