Banana Republic Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014
6 interviews

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita, KS
Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Had two one-on-one interviews with different managers. The interviews seemed to go well, but I had to initiate contact every time I wanted to know something. They called me initially saying that they were interested in an interview, and three weeks passed before I called them saying that I would like to set something up. They told me after my interviews that it would be two weeks before they would make a decision. I called two and a half weeks later to ask about progress and they said the manager was out of town and I would be called back in two days. A full month after my interviews, I got an automated email saying that I wasn't chosen for the position. After two interviews, I expect at least a quick phone call. I was very disappointed with their timeliness, communication, and how impersonal everything was. I would not apply for another position with the company.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see your career in 5 years?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairview Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2011.

GM wasn't very professional but I knew that the company was, researched position and decided to go for it. Used glassdoor to help me gage my salary and thank goodness I did! What they offered felt low so I turned the initial offer down. I negotiated and the GM was impatient about the whole thing but they offered me what I asked.

I was, and I leveraged my timing of year for that. It was late October, knew the store was heading into holiday short leadership and I stayed patient. Never give out your current salary, because the job you are looking into may have NOTHING to do with what you are currently looking at taking on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in April 2008.

I was an internal candidate that got interviewed first by the recruiter, then the general manager of two different stores and then the district manager. After a week my last interview was with the regional visual manager.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult situation from your current or previous job?   Answer Question

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2009.

The man was really inforamtive and easy-going..I didnt feel nervous or pressure from any of the questions. The man was calling from the corporate office in ohio i believe.. The quesions were general:

1. why do you want to work here?
    2. what are your strengths/weaknesses?
    3. How do you motivate people?
    4. Describe your last job....

Interview Questions
    • If you have a lot to do at work, how do you make sure everything is done?   View Answer

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in April 2013.

Interview questions were easy.

Merchandise Presentation Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2010.

Recruiter called me, acted very excited about my experience and my fit for the position. We discussed salary requirements. She stated they were slightly above the normal range but she thought that with the particular market we wre in, there shouldn't be an issue. Also discussed scheduling concerns. In summary, she agreed with everything I was asking for and then, called the next day to say they couldn't make any adjustments.

Interview Questions
    • Overall interview was very easy, they were more about finding out salary requirements and scheduling information   View Answer

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!