Banana Republic Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

30 interviews

2.3

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2013.

The interview was okay, straight forward and to the point. I came in, they asked me some questions and then talked to me about the company. A lot of the interview was the interviewer explaining the differences between BR and other retail companies. Overall, the interview process was relatively painless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarsdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarsdale, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic.

One in person, group interview, by which managers and other associates analyzed speaking competance as well as ability to determine proper dress attire for both the workplace and the customer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions related to previous team oriented experience and communication skills (both positive a negative experiences e.g. how to handle upset customer)   Answer Question
    Nonnegotiable for entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Pretty much average, dont usually like group interviews. This one was a group of 9-10 people, largest group Ive seen. Answer questions like why banana, why want to work, try to sell us what you are wearing. Any questions you have for us. The usual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2013.

Pretty easy to get hired- you just have to be assertive to get an interview after you applied online. Go to the store you want to get hired and just ask if they are looking to hire. If they do, from that point just ask for an interview and tell them you already applied online.

Interview Questions
    • You really need to be assertive to get an interview. It's not easy to be a nagger mean while you are trying to look good so you'll get hired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation- you get a final offer. You take it or you leave it.

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2013.

Applied online and did the personality test as required. After being screened for the position, I interviewed with the Store manager for one of their Manhattan locations. It was about an hour long group interview with about 12 people. We all had a chance to answer the questions and you basically needed to make sure your answers stood out above the rest. Manager was very down to earth and stressed how Banana is big on work-life balance. After it was done they told us they would be in touch early the next week. Their background check system had been down so it took a little bit longer but the manager did call me and extend the offer to start orientation at the end of that week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward but there were some fun icebreaker questions as well. They asked what makes you interesting?   Answer Question

The hourly wage offered ($9.50) was too low for my work experience and after attempting to negotiate with no budge in wage I declined the offer. If you are a student with no real responsibilities I would go for it though.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2013.

I applied online and got a email the next few couple of days. It was a small group interview. The interview took place at their break room. There were a few employee walking around and having their lunch. The manager was very nice and I felt comfortable talking to her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Banana Republic in February 2013.

They call you back in a week or two, the interview process is with an Hiring Manager and it's done as an group interview. If you do well in the group interview then you'll hear a call back to set up an interview with one of the Managers at the store you will be working for, which will take another week. Then if you pass the interview with the Manager then you'll hear a call back from them in a week.

Interview Questions
    • There will be role playing involved which may be out of ordinary in an interview process when with the Store Manager.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, either you take what they give you or you don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Banana Republic.

I interviewed at Soho for a Sales Position with the head supervisor. Thanks to this website, I was able to prepare myself for this interview. I was so nervous for no reason. It was really simple. I applied online and got an email to schedule an interview. I picked the 4:30 group interview slot because I felt as though a lot of people wouldn't. The less people in your group interview the better because you have space for your own unique answers. The interview was probably 10-15 minutes and it was myself and another girl. Really sweet and straightforward. It was a good experience. Below are ALL the questions I was asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in May 2013.

I applied online on the gap inc website. A few days later, I had received a call about scheduling an interview. It was an easy, relaxed interview. The manager was sweet. They had notified me that they were conducting a few interviews, and they would call in a few days with the decision. The next day, I received a call from them saying that I was hired and was told when orientation was. Having no retail experience and being only 16, I was shocked I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over other candidates?   View Answer
    • How would you sell me the pants I'm wearing?   View Answer
    • How would your teachers describe you in three words?   View Answer

Sales Support Associate ( Brand Ambassador ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in May 2013.

Applied online got a call about 4 days after for a group interview with 6 other people very calm laid back, Interviewer asked the usual retail questions just be yourself and out going there looking for someone to represent the brand dressing upscale and professional is a must

1 Group Interview

Then a 1:1 Interview with District Manager

Then a 1:1 with your pertaining manager on the sales floor

3 Total ( 2 Week Process )

Negotiation is based on Retail Experience

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!