Banana Republic Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.2

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

I brought in my resume in person. The manager looked it over, took down my availability, and told me to apply online. I was called 4 days later asking if I could come in for a group interview. I went to the group interview (there were 3 of us) and had a great time. The manager mostly wanted to get to know us, rather than ask us typical interview questions. The last portion of the interview was where we had to put together an outfit. We had to be able to describe the kind of woman that would wear this outfit, where she works, and where she is going while wearing this outfit.

Back of the House/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

Questions asked : What does customer service mean to you? When was their a time when you had to negate a heated situation? What can you bring to banana republic? Why do you wanna work here? What is your availability? Also, ask questions at the end of the interview.

The screening was easy, they asked to interview me right after the group screening. The interview after the screening was one on one.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time when you and an employee/manager disagreed with something and you had to voice your opinion?   View Answer
    They had an offer and that offer was final

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarsdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarsdale, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

One in person, group interview, by which managers and other associates analyzed speaking competance as well as ability to determine proper dress attire for both the workplace and the customer.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions related to previous team oriented experience and communication skills (both positive a negative experiences e.g. how to handle upset customer)   Answer Question
    Nonnegotiable for entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Pretty much average, dont usually like group interviews. This one was a group of 9-10 people, largest group Ive seen. Answer questions like why banana, why want to work, try to sell us what you are wearing. Any questions you have for us. The usual.

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in October 2013.

Applied online and did the personality test as required. After being screened for the position, I interviewed with the Store manager for one of their Manhattan locations. It was about an hour long group interview with about 12 people. We all had a chance to answer the questions and you basically needed to make sure your answers stood out above the rest. Manager was very down to earth and stressed how Banana is big on work-life balance. After it was done they told us they would be in touch early the next week. Their background check system had been down so it took a little bit longer but the manager did call me and extend the offer to start orientation at the end of that week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straight forward but there were some fun icebreaker questions as well. They asked what makes you interesting?   Answer Question

The hourly wage offered ($9.50) was too low for my work experience and after attempting to negotiate with no budge in wage I declined the offer. If you are a student with no real responsibilities I would go for it though.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2013.

I applied online and got a email the next few couple of days. It was a small group interview. The interview took place at their break room. There were a few employee walking around and having their lunch. The manager was very nice and I felt comfortable talking to her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Banana Republic in September 2013.

Pretty easy to get hired- you just have to be assertive to get an interview after you applied online. Go to the store you want to get hired and just ask if they are looking to hire. If they do, from that point just ask for an interview and tell them you already applied online.

Interview Questions
    • You really need to be assertive to get an interview. It's not easy to be a nagger mean while you are trying to look good so you'll get hired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation- you get a final offer. You take it or you leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic.

I interviewed at Soho for a Sales Position with the head supervisor. Thanks to this website, I was able to prepare myself for this interview. I was so nervous for no reason. It was really simple. I applied online and got an email to schedule an interview. I picked the 4:30 group interview slot because I felt as though a lot of people wouldn't. The less people in your group interview the better because you have space for your own unique answers. The interview was probably 10-15 minutes and it was myself and another girl. Really sweet and straightforward. It was a good experience. Below are ALL the questions I was asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic in May 2013.

I applied online on the gap inc website. A few days later, I had received a call about scheduling an interview. It was an easy, relaxed interview. The manager was sweet. They had notified me that they were conducting a few interviews, and they would call in a few days with the decision. The next day, I received a call from them saying that I was hired and was told when orientation was. Having no retail experience and being only 16, I was shocked I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over other candidates?   View Answer
    • How would you sell me the pants I'm wearing?   View Answer
    • How would your teachers describe you in three words?   View Answer

Sales Support Associate ( Brand Ambassador ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in May 2013.

Applied online got a call about 4 days after for a group interview with 6 other people very calm laid back, Interviewer asked the usual retail questions just be yourself and out going there looking for someone to represent the brand dressing upscale and professional is a must

1 Group Interview

Then a 1:1 Interview with District Manager

Then a 1:1 with your pertaining manager on the sales floor

3 Total ( 2 Week Process )

Negotiation is based on Retail Experience