Banana Republic Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (Short Hills, NJ).

Interview

You have to apply online and you will get a call within a week. The interviews can be done one-on-one or group interviews. Be ready with witty and fun answers ... this is not Wall Street.

Interview Questions

• How can you be a brand ambassador?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed in person with a General Manager and HR Manager. Both were very friendly and open. The second interview happened via phone 3 weeks later with the District Manager. She was a bit cynical but very transparent. Overall a good experience, but the lag time between interviews made me very anxious.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I brought in my resume in person. The manager looked it over, took down my availability, and told me to apply online. I was called 4 days later asking if I could come in for a group interview. I went to the group interview (there were 3 of us) and had a great time. The manager mostly wanted to get to know us, rather than ask us typical interview questions. The last portion of the interview was where we had to put together an outfit. We had to be able to describe the kind of woman that would wear this outfit, where she works, and where she is going while wearing this outfit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a Basic group interview. My group was four people and we sat down with the hiring manager. She asked us about our background, ideas about customer service, and fashion inspirations. Next I did a one on one interview with the HR manager. This was the real interview. It was about a half hour of scenario questions and experience/background questions. She also explained the job details. Process took about a week and a half total.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you started a conversation with a stranger?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed pay take it or leave it.

Back of the House/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Questions asked : What does customer service mean to you? When was their a time when you had to negate a heated situation? What can you bring to banana republic? Why do you wanna work here? What is your availability? Also, ask questions at the end of the interview.

The screening was easy, they asked to interview me right after the group screening. The interview after the screening was one on one.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you and an employee/manager disagreed with something and you had to voice your opinion?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had an offer and that offer was final

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarsdale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (Scarsdale, NY).

Interview

One in person, group interview, by which managers and other associates analyzed speaking competance as well as ability to determine proper dress attire for both the workplace and the customer.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions related to previous team oriented experience and communication skills (both positive a negative experiences e.g. how to handle upset customer)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable for entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty much average, dont usually like group interviews. This one was a group of 9-10 people, largest group Ive seen. Answer questions like why banana, why want to work, try to sell us what you are wearing. Any questions you have for us. The usual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Hills, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Forest Hills, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

After applying I got called for the interview a day or so afterward. It was a group interview, my self and maybe 6 others. A bit nerve wracking too, but I'm quite personable and was able to dominate the conversation. But I am not a fan of group interviews, I think it's a little unfair.

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and did the personality test as required. After being screened for the position, I interviewed with the Store manager for one of their Manhattan locations. It was about an hour long group interview with about 12 people. We all had a chance to answer the questions and you basically needed to make sure your answers stood out above the rest. Manager was very down to earth and stressed how Banana is big on work-life balance. After it was done they told us they would be in touch early the next week. Their background check system had been down so it took a little bit longer but the manager did call me and extend the offer to start orientation at the end of that week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward but there were some fun icebreaker questions as well. They asked what makes you interesting?   Answer Question

The hourly wage offered ($9.50) was too low for my work experience and after attempting to negotiate with no budge in wage I declined the offer. If you are a student with no real responsibilities I would go for it though.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a email the next few couple of days. It was a small group interview. The interview took place at their break room. There were a few employee walking around and having their lunch. The manager was very nice and I felt comfortable talking to her.