Banana Republic Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.3

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I brought in my resume in person. The manager looked it over, took down my availability, and told me to apply online. I was called 4 days later asking if I could come in for a group interview. I went to the group interview (there were 3 of us) and had a great time. The manager mostly wanted to get to know us, rather than ask us typical interview questions. The last portion of the interview was where we had to put together an outfit. We had to be able to describe the kind of woman that would wear this outfit, where she works, and where she is going while wearing this outfit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a Basic group interview. My group was four people and we sat down with the hiring manager. She asked us about our background, ideas about customer service, and fashion inspirations. Next I did a one on one interview with the HR manager. This was the real interview. It was about a half hour of scenario questions and experience/background questions. She also explained the job details. Process took about a week and a half total.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you started a conversation with a stranger?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed pay take it or leave it.

Back of the House/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Questions asked : What does customer service mean to you? When was their a time when you had to negate a heated situation? What can you bring to banana republic? Why do you wanna work here? What is your availability? Also, ask questions at the end of the interview.

The screening was easy, they asked to interview me right after the group screening. The interview after the screening was one on one.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you and an employee/manager disagreed with something and you had to voice your opinion?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had an offer and that offer was final

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarsdale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (Scarsdale, NY).

Interview

One in person, group interview, by which managers and other associates analyzed speaking competance as well as ability to determine proper dress attire for both the workplace and the customer.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions related to previous team oriented experience and communication skills (both positive a negative experiences e.g. how to handle upset customer)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable for entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty much average, dont usually like group interviews. This one was a group of 9-10 people, largest group Ive seen. Answer questions like why banana, why want to work, try to sell us what you are wearing. Any questions you have for us. The usual.

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and did the personality test as required. After being screened for the position, I interviewed with the Store manager for one of their Manhattan locations. It was about an hour long group interview with about 12 people. We all had a chance to answer the questions and you basically needed to make sure your answers stood out above the rest. Manager was very down to earth and stressed how Banana is big on work-life balance. After it was done they told us they would be in touch early the next week. Their background check system had been down so it took a little bit longer but the manager did call me and extend the offer to start orientation at the end of that week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward but there were some fun icebreaker questions as well. They asked what makes you interesting?   Answer Question

The hourly wage offered ($9.50) was too low for my work experience and after attempting to negotiate with no budge in wage I declined the offer. If you are a student with no real responsibilities I would go for it though.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a email the next few couple of days. It was a small group interview. The interview took place at their break room. There were a few employee walking around and having their lunch. The manager was very nice and I felt comfortable talking to her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy to get hired- you just have to be assertive to get an interview after you applied online. Go to the store you want to get hired and just ask if they are looking to hire. If they do, from that point just ask for an interview and tell them you already applied online.

Interview Questions

• You really need to be assertive to get an interview. It's not easy to be a nagger mean while you are trying to look good so you'll get hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- you get a final offer. You take it or you leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed at Soho for a Sales Position with the head supervisor. Thanks to this website, I was able to prepare myself for this interview. I was so nervous for no reason. It was really simple. I applied online and got an email to schedule an interview. I picked the 4:30 group interview slot because I felt as though a lot of people wouldn't. The less people in your group interview the better because you have space for your own unique answers. The interview was probably 10-15 minutes and it was myself and another girl. Really sweet and straightforward. It was a good experience. Below are ALL the questions I was asked.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your outfit.   1 Answer
    • Demonstrate a time when you showed teamwork   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How can you manage this along with school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (Garden City, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online on the gap inc website. A few days later, I had received a call about scheduling an interview. It was an easy, relaxed interview. The manager was sweet. They had notified me that they were conducting a few interviews, and they would call in a few days with the decision. The next day, I received a call from them saying that I was hired and was told when orientation was. Having no retail experience and being only 16, I was shocked I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over other candidates?   1 Answer
    • How would you sell me the pants I'm wearing?   1 Answer
    • How would your teachers describe you in three words?   1 Answer