Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed! I was put in a group interview with a few different candidates and we were asked to answer a few questions each. After the questioning we did two different activities. The first activity involved us selling an item. The second activity involved us working in groups to put together an outfit that fit our given scenario within a set time frame.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Got there initially way supposed to be a one on one but the manager decided she wanted to kill two birds with one stone so me and another applicant went into the office and were asked basic interview questions, it was competitive to give the better answer

Interview Questions

• Any experience in retail?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with loss prevention   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Allen, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It was such a simple interview. I went in for a group interview and we didn't even get asked questions, the manager just talked about the company procedures and what we would be doing, what to expect, etc. She was very nice. We then as a group had to go out and pick an outfit for a girls first date goinf bowling. I picked the entire outfit out, lol. I thought it would be hard but it was super easy, and she told all of us to expect a call within a couple days on if we got the job or not but I got a call less than 2 hours later saying I got hired! Yay! :)

Interview Questions

• The only thing they asked was about my availability and if I had any retail experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Allentown, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

went in for the first interview- lasted about 15-20 minutes. was easy and simple, got a call for a second interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. he asked scenario questions, and took me on the floor to pick out an outfit as a test.

Interview Questions

• What inspires you in a coworker?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online on their corporate website. I received a call asking to come in for an interview. It was very casual. We spoke outside the store for about 15 min. I was asked basic questions about my previous employment and why I want the job. I got a call the next day and they offered me the job. I accepted the position.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was actually fairly unique compared to interviews with other companies. Lots of personality-oriented questions dominated the majority of the interview session, which made me feel wanted as an employee. To my surprise, the manager was actually interested in my life outside of work, and we spent almost an hour talking about topics outside of the work place as well as their own experiences. As a result, I knew I had the job as soon as I left the interview site.

Interview Questions

• Who are some of your favorite fashion designers at the moment?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Interview

Was a group interview. This surprised me as I was not told that it would be a group one, so I was slightly off guard. Basic questions. Laid back. Two parts: question component, and role-playing where manager pretended to be a customer and you had to help select an outfit.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Banana Republic?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose to work at this store over any others?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were assigned a task/project with very little time to complete it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped someone.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the situation where it was really busy, and there were many customers looking for your help at the same time?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later asking to come in for a group interview. The interview was very casual and relaxed and the hiring manager was very friendly. She had us do a couple exercises selling products and folding clothes.

Interview Questions

• What is a decision you had to make recently?
      Why Banana Republic?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied a few times before but didn't get a call back until the last time i applied about three weeks later. Went in for the interview. the assistant manager was very nice. the process was not that long but not short either. She asked me basic questions about times that i have experienced certain situations and how i handled it. At the end of the interview she asked me to go to the floor and pick out an outfit that she would wear for a first date.

Interview Questions

• When there was a problem how did you produce a resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a Basic group interview. My group was four people and we sat down with the hiring manager. She asked us about our background, ideas about customer service, and fashion inspirations. Next I did a one on one interview with the HR manager. This was the real interview. It was about a half hour of scenario questions and experience/background questions. She also explained the job details. Process took about a week and a half total.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you started a conversation with a stranger?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed pay take it or leave it.