Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Really basic interview. Nothing exceptional. You go to a food court (which i think was to see how well you handle distractions) and they ask you a series of questions. Afterward, you go back to the store and they ask you to put together and outfit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was set up after I applied online and gave my resume to the store manager. Just a few days after I had my formal interview. The hiring manager was really nice and friendly and then he sent me to pick out an outfit. He was very helpful in answering my questions I had for the company and I was hired on the spot! It was a really great experience and I recommend for those who are in need of a first job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

He offered me 9.25 an hour and since it was my first job I took it immediately.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied with an application in person for seasonal employment. I was called for an interview within the next week. We had a group interview where they asked us questions while sitting in a circle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more than minimum wage and receive the exact dollar amount I requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the the GAP careers page on their website. I popped in to the location I was applying at and dropped of my resume in person. Struck up a relationship with the manager and got an interview within a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in application online; within 5 days got an email to interview. Interview was a group interview. The group was asked a question and each person had to give a response.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle and balance multiple tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just took salary they gave.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going and casual, and it was a one on one. The interviewer asked a few questions, such as describing myself and what times I was available, then did most of the talking herself. She explained things about the store and then that was it. She even said she didn't really need people at the moment, she just wanted to interview people for back up.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and they got in touch with me within a week. I did the interview on my own and it took about 20 minutes. It was quite easy and friendly - I think this was because the manager who was interviewing me was an easy-going person. A tip I would give is that they do seem to want you to be interested in fashion. I read fashion blogs and watch youtube clips on fashion so I knew the current fashion bloggers and could name some of them.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Interview was held in the middle of the mall, and not in the stockroom or back office of the store. General interview questions. The sit down portion of the interview lasted no more than 30 minutes. Once completed I was taken back into the store to do a sales scenario.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you've gone above and beyond for a customer. Where do you get your style and fashion inspiration?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer had me reserve an item online, to be picked up at the interview. Once I went into my interview, that piece was used in a styling roleplay in the store. After the interviewer reviewed my styling choices, we went into the back for the formal part of the interview. The questions were all different from others that I have found online, my Interivewer told me the store was recently just sent a new set for this year. (So be mindful of that when researching and practicing if you have an interview with them). The questions largely covered topics like fashion, and social media. Unfortunately, because the interviewer was new to the questions, and I was admittedly not prepared for them, it was pretty rocky. Overall the interview took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• how often/ why are you motivated to give someone a compliment?   Answer Question
    • Social Media Questions: How often do you go on social media? What social media sites do you use? (Follow up: who do you follow for fashion news on these sites?) Where do you get your fashion news?   1 Answer
    • Who is your role model and why?   1 Answer
    • Which celebrity's fashion do you admire most?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I had a group interview with two other people. We went to the back office to answer some basic interview questions like when are we available and to tell her about ourselves. Afterwards we did a roleplay activity where she pretended to be a customer and we had 5 minutes to pick out an outfit for her(I was the only guy so she said I could pick out an outfit for her boyfriend lol). The interviewer was really nice! I think I stood out because of the tiny things like when she asked if we had any more questions, the other two had a typical "Hmm I don't really have any" response while I had some. Just be enthusiastic and don't give generic cliche answers! (e.g. "How social are you?" don't say "I'm a people person! I love people! Because I am myself, a person!!") I thought I'd have to get a second interview since the interview was very basic but they said they'll do a background check and two days later I got the call and got the job :)!