Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Talked to them on the phone. Set up a meeting with the hiring manager was interviewed. Then I came back in to meet with the general manager and was interviewed by them. I was called a couple days later and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your style/fashion inspiration from? Why do you want to work at Banana Republic? What can you add to the team?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Really basic interview. Nothing exceptional. You go to a food court (which i think was to see how well you handle distractions) and they ask you a series of questions. Afterward, you go back to the store and they ask you to put together and outfit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied with an application in person for seasonal employment. I was called for an interview within the next week. We had a group interview where they asked us questions while sitting in a circle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more than minimum wage and receive the exact dollar amount I requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was set up after I applied online and gave my resume to the store manager. Just a few days after I had my formal interview. The hiring manager was really nice and friendly and then he sent me to pick out an outfit. He was very helpful in answering my questions I had for the company and I was hired on the spot! It was a really great experience and I recommend for those who are in need of a first job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

He offered me 9.25 an hour and since it was my first job I took it immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in application online; within 5 days got an email to interview. Interview was a group interview. The group was asked a question and each person had to give a response.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you handle and balance multiple tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just took salary they gave.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the the GAP careers page on their website. I popped in to the location I was applying at and dropped of my resume in person. Struck up a relationship with the manager and got an interview within a few days.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going and casual, and it was a one on one. The interviewer asked a few questions, such as describing myself and what times I was available, then did most of the talking herself. She explained things about the store and then that was it. She even said she didn't really need people at the moment, she just wanted to interview people for back up.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Pasadena, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a week later of being a part of a group interview. I replied back to confirm. There was a total of 5 people in the group interview. The interview was laid back and everyone got asked different questions. There was some dialog exercises for her to see how you can deal with customers. The key is to be as personal as possible and ask the customer questions. She also had as go out on the floor and pick out a gift for her mothers birthday. Before you go out on the floor be sure to speak up and ask questions on her like and dislikes, favorite color and preferred style. You have 2 minutes. You can't go wrong just pick more than one thing because they are all about up selling. Keep the gift to no more than 5 items.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at banana republic?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you experienced bad customer service ?   Answer Question
    • What is the first thing that pops into your mind when I say most important ?   Answer Question
    • What can you do to go over and beyond being a sales associate at banana republic ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and they got in touch with me within a week. I did the interview on my own and it took about 20 minutes. It was quite easy and friendly - I think this was because the manager who was interviewing me was an easy-going person. A tip I would give is that they do seem to want you to be interested in fashion. I read fashion blogs and watch youtube clips on fashion so I knew the current fashion bloggers and could name some of them.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Interview was held in the middle of the mall, and not in the stockroom or back office of the store. General interview questions. The sit down portion of the interview lasted no more than 30 minutes. Once completed I was taken back into the store to do a sales scenario.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you've gone above and beyond for a customer. Where do you get your style and fashion inspiration?   Answer Question