Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.2

172 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online - interviewed at Banana Republic.

I applied online and received a call a month later to set up an interview for the next day. The interviewer was friendly and it was fairly straightforward. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and he said that I would hear back within 3 days.

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

applied online.
    two interviews. Group interview and one on one

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Banana Republic.

must apply online thru Taleo. Interview with the Operations Manager, if you get past the "test" on taleo.

Interview Questions
    • Not really an intense interview, they only really every hire for part time seasonal sales positions   Answer Question
    there was none, I was hired on 15 years ago and the process is very different now. I have described how it is now, not then

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic.

I initially looked on the Gap careers website to see what openings were available in my area. I chose a location I wanted to apply to and filled out the application. Part of the application was a test to see if I paid attention to details and had good fashion sense. It involved picking the best articles to match an outfit or determining how many "mistakes" were on a table of merchandise that was sloppily arranged.

A week or so later I got a call from one of the managers inviting me in for an interview. I was working another job at the time (with plans of quitting) and they were very flexible in getting me in on one of my days off. They first asked a lot of really odd questions using language that the interviewer didn't seem very comfortable with (a lot of unnecessarily big words--as a writer I learned that it's best to use simple words when possible) and which sometimes caused me to have to ask for clarification.

I must have answered them correctly, because the next day I had a call asking me to come back and meet with the store manager. I gave up my other day off that week and had a much more informal chat where the manager basically indicated that I had the job (before actually telling me I had the job). We talked about my availability and all that jazz. And that was it.

They claimed they did a background check, but I don't think they did (my last background check took several weeks for some reason, even though there was nothing on it). They also said my references checked out, which was interesting because I didn't put any. I only put my employment history.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think that most people will think about stealing something if they know they might get away with it?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

One interview before i got an offer, interview was brief.

Negotiate a good hourly rate

Sales Associate Interview

After submitting an online application you will be contacted for a brief phone interview if you appear to meet the base requirements for the position. During the phone call they will ask questions about previous work experience and availability. If you meet those needs they will schedule you for a face to face interview at the store. You may be required to speak with both the hiring manager as well as the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • What style resources do you pull from to guide your own personal style?   View Answer
    Was not really room for negotiation.

one 20 minute interview

I applied online - interviewed at Banana Republic.

You sub,it your résumé online and then speak to the manager in store who is in charge of hiring. They'll bring you into the store and conduct a pretty easy interview. I was hired on the spot. After that there's some easy paperwork and then you're put on the schedule.

Sales Associate Interview

Online phone interview. Followed by an in-person individual interview with store manager. After first interview I was scheduled for another interview with the general manager of the store. After completing all interviews was told that a background check would be done and if it came back positive would be getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I chose that company over many other retail companies?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview was very laid back in the hall of a mall, somewhat unprofessional. Reasonable questions related to the nature of the job.

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!