Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online on their corporate website. I received a call asking to come in for an interview. It was very casual. We spoke outside the store for about 15 min. I was asked basic questions about my previous employment and why I want the job. I got a call the next day and they offered me the job. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Group Interview with manager. It was very casual, with many opportunities to showcase your individuality. Since my interview in 2013, the process has become more challenging with customer simulations being added. The manager will pretend to be a customer and you will have to answer their questions. I recommend brushing up on different materials and whether or not they are machine washable and dry clean appropriate because one of the managers will ask that.

Interview Questions

• What/who is a source of fashion inspiration?
      Do you have any prior retail experience?
      If you could be a superhero, what powers would you choose?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a Basic group interview. My group was four people and we sat down with the hiring manager. She asked us about our background, ideas about customer service, and fashion inspirations. Next I did a one on one interview with the HR manager. This was the real interview. It was about a half hour of scenario questions and experience/background questions. She also explained the job details. Process took about a week and a half total.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you started a conversation with a stranger?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed pay take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Interview

Was a group interview. This surprised me as I was not told that it would be a group one, so I was slightly off guard. Basic questions. Laid back. Two parts: question component, and role-playing where manager pretended to be a customer and you had to help select an outfit.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Banana Republic?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose to work at this store over any others?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were assigned a task/project with very little time to complete it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped someone.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the situation where it was really busy, and there were many customers looking for your help at the same time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview asking about past experiences, role plays and problem solving. Try and be the first person to answer so they see that you have leadership experience. After the group interview, I got a call back for a one on one interview. The one on one interview was more focused on getting to know your personality as well as answer questions and explain the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to tell a customer something they did not want to hear?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied a few times before but didn't get a call back until the last time i applied about three weeks later. Went in for the interview. the assistant manager was very nice. the process was not that long but not short either. She asked me basic questions about times that i have experienced certain situations and how i handled it. At the end of the interview she asked me to go to the floor and pick out an outfit that she would wear for a first date.

Interview Questions

• When there was a problem how did you produce a resolution?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later asking to come in for a group interview. The interview was very casual and relaxed and the hiring manager was very friendly. She had us do a couple exercises selling products and folding clothes.

Interview Questions

• What is a decision you had to make recently?
      Why Banana Republic?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Troy, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

After ariving for my interview at the store, a manager told me that I should look around for a bit while waiting, I did so for about 2-3 minutes then I sat on a couch in the shoe-room for about another 5-7 minutes until they told me and 3 other interviewees to follow them to an open sitting area located in the mall. Once we were seated the manager then prompted us to introduce ourselves by giving our name and a little background information. After introducing ourselves, we were then asked about 4-5 different questions in which anybody who felt like answering first could do so. There were questions pertaining to your old or current job and also Banana Republic itself. The interview probably lasted around 20 minutes.

<Sidelight>
    This was my first group interview and although I'm not shy, I am a more laid back person particularly around people that I'm meeting for the first time so when they told me it would be a group interview I got a little more nervous than usual, especially since that was the first time I even heard about a group interview. The interview went okay, not as good as I thought it should in my mind. However, I guess it may have went better than I thought because they ended up offering me the job. Another interesting thing is a girl that previously worked for Banana Republic (she mentioned it) was very outgoing in the interview and seemed to have answered all the questions well enough was not hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experiences (in a former or current job) will help integrate you into your new job at Banana Republic?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

The process was super easy since it was a new store opening. I applied online, then I got an email telling me to call to schedule an interview. I had no idea it was a group interview but it made it more comfortable. they asked us a few questions and we answered one by one.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you bring to banana republic?
      2. Why should we hire you?
      3. Tell me about your passed work experience?
      4. How would you handle an angry customer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Napa, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was super friendly. I had a preliminary interview with the person I assume to be the assistant manager, and then had a very nice casual interview with the hiring manager. Nothing about it made me feel pressured or unwelcome. It was one on one, and I was hired there on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the store?
      What gives you joy?
      What do you hope to get out of your experience working here?