Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I did a group interview with 9 or 10 other people. Some questions where easy and some where difficult. Just make sure you answer every question relating it back to whatever position you're applying for. It's a plus if you already have customer service experience but some things they would want hear about is you working in a team, working in a fast/busy environment and knowing how to interact with customers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was actually fairly unique compared to interviews with other companies. Lots of personality-oriented questions dominated the majority of the interview session, which made me feel wanted as an employee. To my surprise, the manager was actually interested in my life outside of work, and we spent almost an hour talking about topics outside of the work place as well as their own experiences. As a result, I knew I had the job as soon as I left the interview site.

Interview Questions

• Who are some of your favorite fashion designers at the moment?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2015.

Interview

Was a group interview. This surprised me as I was not told that it would be a group one, so I was slightly off guard. Basic questions. Laid back. Two parts: question component, and role-playing where manager pretended to be a customer and you had to help select an outfit.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Banana Republic?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose to work at this store over any others?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were assigned a task/project with very little time to complete it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped someone.   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the situation where it was really busy, and there were many customers looking for your help at the same time?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple days later asking to come in for a group interview. The interview was very casual and relaxed and the hiring manager was very friendly. She had us do a couple exercises selling products and folding clothes.

Interview Questions

• What is a decision you had to make recently?
      Why Banana Republic?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied a few times before but didn't get a call back until the last time i applied about three weeks later. Went in for the interview. the assistant manager was very nice. the process was not that long but not short either. She asked me basic questions about times that i have experienced certain situations and how i handled it. At the end of the interview she asked me to go to the floor and pick out an outfit that she would wear for a first date.

Interview Questions

• When there was a problem how did you produce a resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a Basic group interview. My group was four people and we sat down with the hiring manager. She asked us about our background, ideas about customer service, and fashion inspirations. Next I did a one on one interview with the HR manager. This was the real interview. It was about a half hour of scenario questions and experience/background questions. She also explained the job details. Process took about a week and a half total.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you started a conversation with a stranger?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed pay take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

The process was super easy since it was a new store opening. I applied online, then I got an email telling me to call to schedule an interview. I had no idea it was a group interview but it made it more comfortable. they asked us a few questions and we answered one by one.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you bring to banana republic?
      2. Why should we hire you?
      3. Tell me about your passed work experience?
      4. How would you handle an angry customer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic (Napa, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was super friendly. I had a preliminary interview with the person I assume to be the assistant manager, and then had a very nice casual interview with the hiring manager. Nothing about it made me feel pressured or unwelcome. It was one on one, and I was hired there on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the store?
      What gives you joy?
      What do you hope to get out of your experience working here?

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview, very easy and asked some questions about my background. The interviewer was very nice and courteous to all the people in the interview. The process was very short and simple and to the point. They described the entire process over the phone and that's exactly how it went.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Went in for a one on one interview.
    I absolutely hated it from the time I walked in the people working were so uptight.
    The manager seemed like she was in a rush she was just asking question after question, she barely smiled and just seemed so cold.
    Asked me to sell her a credit card afree learning the benefits.
    Took me out on the men's sales floor to different sections and asked me to tell her what they were and too sell. Which being a 20 yr old girl working for female retail I didn't know much about.
    All in all the interview seemed like more of an interagation and she seemed too scold me if I didn't answer correctly.
    I don't really care if I get a call back because I want to enjoy what I do and all of them seemed miserable.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 5 key peices to a men's closet.   1 Answer
    • What would your manager say about you if I called?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

I did not want to work at a place that everyone seemed miserable and the boss so rigid.